Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The Michael and Delia show.

I think it was somewhere near the end of the first half.

A TV camera panned to what was presumably the Fulham directors box and closed in on Michael and Delia, front row.

Delia stretches towards Michael on her right and clearly says to him something like ''what on earth is happening down there'' and Michael clearly replies with a rather helpless looking shrug and said something brief like "I don''t know!''

Neither did I.

But I trust my wife''s instincts on these matters. She said the players didn''t seem to care.

What I do know is that it was awful. Collectively the players appeared to have no spirit, guile and little energy. They gave away the ball time after time like England at their embarrassing worst. And what on earth has happened to our high pressing, effective closing down and forward runs by the full backs?

And why on earth was Elliot Bennet not in the starting lineup?

Dear oh dear.

Bowkett, McNally and Hughton clearly need to sort it out pronto so Delia doesn''t have to ask Michael such a question again.

OTBC

Really, we need to sort it out?

I thought we could wait a few months, perhaps go for a record loss against Man.C, see if Aguero can score a hatrick of hatricks, that will please the naturals and glory hunters.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Maybe she wasn''t referring to the game? Maybe Mr Wynn-Jones had a dodgy tummy?[/quote]

All things are possible. Seemed that way to me though - and the wife.

OTBC

If Hughton hasn''t sussed the general discontent already then he is too stubborn and thick skinned for my liking.

If we put on another performance as bad as this next week then it won''t just be Jonse''s stomach rebelling. He''ll have the whole of the Carra on his back and boos and slow hand claps will abound and he''ll be forced to review his weird ideas as to how this squad of players needs to be utilised.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I think it was somewhere near the end of the first half.

A TV camera panned to what was presumably the Fulham directors box and closed in on Michael and Delia, front row.

Delia stretches towards Michael on her right and clearly says to him something like ''what on earth is happening down there'' and Michael clearly replies with a rather helpless looking shrug and said something brief like "I don''t know!''

Neither did I.

But I trust my wife''s instincts on these matters. She said the players didn''t seem to care.

What I do know is that it was awful. Collectively the players appeared to have no spirit, guile and little energy. They gave away the ball time after time like England at their embarrassing worst. And what on earth has happened to our high pressing, effective closing down and forward runs by the full backs?

And why on earth was Elliot Bennet not in the starting lineup?

Dear oh dear.

Bowkett, McNally and Hughton clearly need to sort it out pronto so Delia doesn''t have to ask Michael such a question again.

OTBC

[/quote]

Remind me again why we give an ACTUAL fuck what Delia and makes a difference to this current project?

If he has been telling the players they are technically inferior to every team, comments in the press about how we need to but better players than what we have. Is it surprising how they performed, It seems they have had all the confidence kicked out of them.

That''s of course he isn''t putting other teams in the mindset of just needing to turn up to win so we embarrass them.

Hughton isn''t stupid.... What he says publicly won''t be what he says to the players

[quote user="Wiz"]Resorting to basics here, I wish they''d just fcuk off![/quote]

Go on Wiz just come out and say it as you know you want to........yesterday was all down to Delia.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Wiz"]Resorting to basics here, I wish they''d just fcuk off![/quote]

Go on Wiz just come out and say it as you know you want to........yesterday was all down to Delia.

[/quote]He already said it in another thread lol.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Well she did ok the Hughton appointment in the board room Til.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Of course. Whereas Lambert was appointed without any board room approval.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So McNally. Hose Lambert without any boardroom interference, but Delia chose Hughton? If she went over McNallys head, he''d probably quit.

According to one report I saw today, our last manager "visibly winced" when told the score at Fulham. It could have been a wince of sympathy but more likely it was wince of surprise or puzzlement, similar to M & D''s reaction. How could a squad that still contains many of last season''s players have performed so badly against Fulham?

[quote user="24March1985"]According to one report I saw today, our last manager "visibly winced" when told the score at Fulham. It could have been a wince of sympathy but more likely it was wince of surprise or puzzlement, similar to M & D''s reaction. How could a squad that still contains many of last season''s players have performed so badly against Fulham?[/quote]

Well, I hope they asked McNally; and were satisfied with the answer.

OTBC

Having just seen back to back "highlights" from QPR and Norwich games, I''m not sure who played worse - but QPR I think shaded it for their ability to give up the ghost slightly earlier... and they were at home.

QPR should be more embarrassed as:1. They were are home2. They''ve spent Millions on established players3. They didn''t lose their manager over the summer4. They haven''t been tipped for the drop as much5. They''ve all been sitting really smug assuming that they''d get to Europe this season (i know that 1 game does not a season make)Can''t wait til next weeks Basement Battle!