Sign in to follow this  
Renskay

Dani Pacheco not given a squad number by Liverpool

Dani Pacheco has not received a squad number for the Liverpool squad this season and most likely is not in Rodgers'' plans for the future so extremely likely he''ll be sold.

So I think we should definitely attempt atleast to bring him back

I expect the vast majority would be in favour of this yes ?

Shame we loaned out his mate or this deal could have been made easier

There''s no better club for Pacheco than Norwich!   Clearly Rogers doesn''t want him - It''s not the 0-3 defeat to West Brom, I''ve not been convinced about Rogers joining Liverpool from the start.   Just 37 months real time experience managing football clubs, inheriting the Swansea squad from Martinez who laid the foundations.   His obsession with the "Barcelona Way" and dreams of emulating that style - Liverpool is not the place just now for experimenting or testing out theories.   But it''s early days so we wait and see!

A bit like Norwich really!   Although we all know Norwich''s tradition is not to win their opening match of the season the performance and amount of goals have made people gulp a bit but patience has to be exercised in giving Hughton his chance to get the squad playing as they can.

I haven''t a clue why Ayala has been loaned out?   Certainly he''s young and needs experience but that''s one of the reasons he joined Norwich and Pacheco makes no secret of the fact he really WANTS to play for Norwich.   Even if he just sits on the bench his enthusiasm is valuable to team spirit.

I think someone should jump in their car and pick Dani up from Liverpool and on the way back divert to Nottingham and pick up Ayala as well !!!

Am I the only one who doesnt really rate him?Played well against Scunny (a very poor Scunthorpe side) and the scum but in the away game against Swansea I thought he was ineffective.There must be a reason why nobody else wants him?

The myth of Pacheco is almost as well developed as the myth of Lambert. Reading the utter, pant-wetting garbage on here this weekend you''d think that we''d never played badly under Lambert. I can only assume that I dreamt the games against  Liverpool (H) and Blackburn and Sunderland away where we surrendered without a peep, or Fulham away where we were taken apart despite going out with an even more defensive set up than the one for which Hughton is being castigated.

It''s the same with Pacheco, a great goal against Coventry, good performance against a shocking Scunthorpe and some decent cameos, and now he''s the answer to our prayers in a higher division. He bombed in Spain last year and has failed to cut it at Liverpool, yet people on here, in the same breath as panning our supposed lack of ambition, want us to sign someone else''s reject. You couldn''t make it up.

Whilst I would agree he is not the answer to our problems he has a better touch than any player in our squad and is just class. If he is surplus to requirement at liverpool we could get him cheap and then we at least have another alternative.

Thank goodness for a voice of reason! Why not add Cody McDonald to the list?

You couldn''t make it up, it is only one game!!!!

We need to improve on that performance, but can we not channel all this angst into a red hot,fully behind the team and manager atmosphere on Saturday, come on people lets blow QPR away on and off the pitch!!!!

Beauseant - "The myth of Pacheco is almost as well developed as the myth of Lambert. Reading the utter, pant-wetting garbage on here this weekend you''d think that we''d never played badly under Lambert. I can only assume that I dreamt the games against  Liverpool (H) and Blackburn and Sunderland away where we surrendered without a peep, or Fulham away where we were taken apart despite going out with an even more defensive set up than the one for which Hughton is being castigated.

It''s the same with Pacheco, a great goal against Coventry, good performance against a shocking Scunthorpe and some decent cameos, and now he''s the answer to our prayers in a higher division. He bombed in Spain last year and has failed to cut it at Liverpool, yet people on here, in the same breath as panning our supposed lack of ambition, want us to sign someone else''s reject. You couldn''t make it up."

Fully agree.

He is more creator than striker, as is Lansbury, and we ought to have enough creative players who can score a few already in Wes, Snoddy, Howson, Surman. What we need is a consistent scorer who can  converty chances regularly, with head or foot - i.e. a quicker version of the apparently slowing Holt.

I liked Pacheco''s style and commitment, but we have added Butterfield and Snoddy as goal scorers from the midfield, and I don''t think he is what we need now.

Yes get him in but only on a loan as I am also not sure he is as good as most seem to remember.....

Sadly he was a Lambert player, cannot see Hughton ever operating with such creative freedom as Lambert liked to offer

I never rated him that highly when he was here. He showed potential, and has now had another season to fulfil it, and frankly, he hasn''t.For that reason, I say no.

We should just get him on a loan with an option to buy him if people are so doubtful that he''ll cut it in the Prem

Post of the week.  Some of the panty wetting this weekend has been pathetic, even usually reasoned posters such as CUSDP getting caught up in the blind panic. As for Pacheco - totally unproven, being past around like a hot potato and apart from one game he showed literally BUGGER ALL potential.  Hence why Liverpool want to get rid.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

The myth of Pacheco is almost as well developed as the myth of Lambert. Reading the utter, pant-wetting garbage on here this weekend you''d think that we''d never played badly under Lambert. I can only assume that I dreamt the games against  Liverpool (H) and Blackburn and Sunderland away where we surrendered without a peep, or Fulham away where we were taken apart despite going out with an even more defensive set up than the one for which Hughton is being castigated.

It''s the same with Pacheco, a great goal against Coventry, good performance against a shocking Scunthorpe and some decent cameos, and now he''s the answer to our prayers in a higher division. He bombed in Spain last year and has failed to cut it at Liverpool, yet people on here, in the same breath as panning our supposed lack of ambition, want us to sign someone else''s reject. You couldn''t make it up.

[/quote]

[quote user="Rob"]We should just get him on a loan with an option to buy him if people are so doubtful that he''ll cut it in the Prem[/quote]Is he really what we need right now though?Is he a striker, a roving attacking midfielder?Is he better than Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Jackson?

[quote user="morty"]I never rated him that highly when he was here. He showed potential, and has now had another season to fulfil it, and frankly, he hasn''t.For that reason, I say no.[/quote]

He was injured for alot of his time last season

[quote user="Rob"][quote user="morty"]I never rated him that highly when he was here. He showed potential, and has now had another season to fulfil it, and frankly, he hasn''t.For that reason, I say no.[/quote]

He was injured for alot of his time last season[/quote]That gives us even less to make a decision on then.The time he was here, the team was flying anyway, so it was pretty easy to shine.He has "expensive, foreign Cody" written all over him lol.

See, the myth continues.  What are these talents?  Liverpool can''t see them, neither could the two clubs he was loaned to last season.I suspect you and others base your opinion on the rather quaint fact that Dani was likeable.[quote user="Rob"]It would still benefit the team to have someone of his talent in the ranks[/quote]

Even though I think Dani did ok, I dont think he is the answer. We have creative players in that role in Wes, Snods, Surman, Butterfield so he simply isnt needed.

As we need someone tricky then they have to have blistering pace as there isnt anyone from midfield currently that has any. E.Bennett COULD do this but he rarely goes past a man. Some one in the mould of Moses/Wallcott/Huckerby(?) :0) but obviously cheaper.

Jason Puncheon was linked a while back and we bulked, I''d have him in a shot.

True fact from last season. Victor Moses embarked on 256 dribbles in the PL last season, the most by any player and only 53 fewer than Norwich City

Where are people getting this idea that I''m stating he is the answer to everything all I said was he would be a good signing and would probably do an alright job

Also how can people just refuse to acknowledge his obvious talent which supporters of every club he''s been at have seen first hand

Correct that Pacheco is not the answer to our prayers, but equally, if he is very cheap then I''d get him in as one for the future as he won''t count as one of the 25 due to his age. 

GH3YC has got it spot on.

Championship player at best.

Of course he wants to play for Norwich. No other prem team would even consider him neither should norwich.

Just drop it he ain''t good enough

Have to disagree.

Pacheco is a very talented footballer. He has been consistently unlucky and has taken time to develop. He may also be too nice a guy for his own good because instead of kicking and screaming to get attention to be placed in contention, he is too willing to keep his head down and work hard for the team. At a place like Liverpool, with all egos the size of Jupiter, that''s probably not the best way to get ahead.

First, the Scunthorpe game. The benefit of hindsight can be a bad thing. Yes, they went down. Yes, they were struggling at before we played them. But you miss the facts. Scunthorpe almost always struggled, but were tough, organised and fought hard. Up until we played them, they still had those attributes, they could still get results and still had the prospect of digging themselves out of the hole- like they did every season. But Dani Pacheco- a child- completely tore them apart. After the game with us, they never even looked like they wanted to avoid the drop- Dani did a lot of that.

Concerning the Swansea game. No he didn''t show up. He was not alone.

The Atletico Madrid- Rayo Vallecano fiasco was unfortunate. A change of regime at Atletico caused the double loan. A terrible injury- that took him out for 3 and a half months- and a slightly psychotic manager effectively removed him from contention for a long time. He did make an impact a Rayo. He contributed to their survival. Most importantly, like with everywhere he goes, he was the most popular member of the squad. The player that all the other players love, and that brings them together.

More recently, Dani was the brightest light during Liverpool''s early pre-season, putting in Man of the Match performances on several occasions. Yet, instead of rewarding this effort, Rodgers clearly wants rid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVg4PSGMLak

Above is footage of one of those performances against Roma. Bare in mind that he- like the rest of the team- is a bit rusty (it was pre-season after all!) and that Roma were slightly ahead in terms of fitness.

I notice something different about Dani. There''s an aggression there I didn''t see before. He''s filled out a bit as well- but is still short, of course.

Overall, I''d say, don''t discount him. And if he comes back to Norwich, welcome and support him.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Have to disagree.

Pacheco is a very talented footballer. He has been consistently unlucky and has taken time to develop. He may also be too nice a guy for his own good because instead of kicking and screaming to get attention to be placed in contention, he is too willing to keep his head down and work hard for the team. At a place like Liverpool, with all egos the size of Jupiter, that''s probably not the best way to get ahead.

First, the Scunthorpe game. The benefit of hindsight can be a bad thing. Yes, they went down. Yes, they were struggling at before we played them. But you miss the facts. Scunthorpe almost always struggled, but were tough, organised and fought hard. Up until we played them, they still had those attributes, they could still get results and still had the prospect of digging themselves out of the hole- like they did every season. But Dani Pacheco- a child- completely tore them apart. After the game with us, they never even looked like they wanted to avoid the drop- Dani did a lot of that.

Concerning the Swansea game. No he didn''t show up. He was not alone.

The Atletico Madrid- Rayo Vallecano fiasco was unfortunate. A change of regime at Atletico caused the double loan. A terrible injury- that took him out for 3 and a half months- and a slightly psychotic manager effectively removed him from contention for a long time. He did make an impact a Rayo. He contributed to their survival. Most importantly, like with everywhere he goes, he was the most popular member of the squad. The player that all the other players love, and that brings them together.

More recently, Dani was the brightest light during Liverpool''s early pre-season, putting in Man of the Match performances on several occasions. Yet, instead of rewarding this effort, Rodgers clearly wants rid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVg4PSGMLak

Above is footage of one of those performances against Roma. Bare in mind that he- like the rest of the team- is a bit rusty (it was pre-season after all!) and that Roma were slightly ahead in terms of fitness.

I notice something different about Dani. There''s an aggression there I didn''t see before. He''s filled out a bit as well- but is still short, of course.

Overall, I''d say, don''t discount him. And if he comes back to Norwich, welcome and support him.[/quote]I don''t disagree entirely with your points.But if he put in several man of the match performances, why have Liverpool let him go? You would have thought Pacheco would be exactly what they, and especially the manager, want. Its odd, something just doesn''t add up for me.

Your sort of suggesting that there''s much in the way of logic behind Rodger''s decision, Morty. I think he always intended to move certain people on as soon as he got the job- pretty much any manager would be the same way.

And there are more than a few Liverpool fans asking why he has not received a squad number after some impressive displays in pre-season.

Personally, I think that Pacheco played too well in pre-season. Rodgers was expecting (or hoping) that he (and the others he wanted rid of) would be poor and, thereby, justify being shifted. I am in no way saying that Rodgers has it in for him, just that he was never part of his plans. And Rodgers is the sort of man that never deviates from his plan.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Your sort of suggesting that there''s much in the way of logic behind Rodger''s decision, Morty. I think he always intended to move certain people on as soon as he got the job- pretty much any manager would be the same way.

And there are more than a few Liverpool fans asking why he has not received a squad number after some impressive displays in pre-season.

Personally, I think that Pacheco played too well in pre-season. Rodgers was expecting (or hoping) that he (and the others he wanted rid of) would be poor and, thereby, justify being shifted. I am in no way saying that Rodgers has it in for him, just that he was never part of his plans. And Rodgers is the sort of man that never deviates from his plan.[/quote]Well if that his only reason for moving a talented player on then he''s an idiot.That said, can we base anything on pre season performances and fans opinions? I''m not so sure.The jury is out for me, he could be worth a punt as a squad player, but do I think he''s massively better than what we have, and will change the team dramatically? No.