Sign in to follow this  
LondonCanary

Users of this forum

I’m a keen reader of the forum and while not a prolific poster (this is post number 1) I feel the need to say something given the regulars here are really making an embracement out of the club. My random no real structure, rambling post:

I’ve always been proud of the fact that Norwich fans are loyal, give managers and players time and view things from a more medium to long term and apply a degree of reasonableness to a game which is suffering from a major lack of it.  From reading the vast majority of posts here it highlights either 1) Norwich fans are changing for the worse, or 2) the annoying minority are largely the pink’un forum users!

We are 1 day into the season, have an improved squad on last year and have a decent manager who has performed at the top level. Yes we have played poor pre-season, yes we got spanked on the opening day , yes we need another striker but welcome to the real world. We were league 1 under 100 games ago, we over achieved last year and its not like all the other teams in the league are problemless.

QPR were demolished (AT HOME) Arsenal couldn’t beat Sunderland (AT HOME),  Man City only just bagged 3 points against a promoted side (AT HOME), Liverpool were hammered (away, but WBA!) Aston Villa the supposed rejuvenated team  under Lambert got beat by a newly promoted team.

The same people posting CH should go are the same that moaned about Lambert’s lack of loyalty – do people not see the irony??? (look up the definition if you are unsure). To top it off, people are now even moaning that our lack of success is due to no foreign players?? Are you kidding me? You want a substandard 30 year old overpaid [insert nationality] over the best young british talent we can get from one tier down? I appreciate we need a balance of experience is needed but come on, if you think after one season in the prem we are suddenly up there with Fulham and Everton in terms of size, spending power and positioning in the league you are completely off your nut.

And the Fulham game - I would much rather get smashed, get a wake up call and move on from it than labour to a loss and we continue to try to push a system that doesn’t work.

If CH is reading this, thinking thank god not all Norwich fans are as fickle as this forum suggests, please consider the following:

1)      Play James Vaughan

2)      Play 442

3)      Play Snodgrass where he wants to play so we can see what all the hype is about

4)      Get the midfield playing bloody attacking, passing, aggresive high tempo footballrather than trying to sit back and plug our substandard defence (see 5)

5)      Back four – tell them to bloody man up & they''re lucky they have Ruddy behind them!!!!

Good post LC. Welcome to the forum. We need a few more level-headed types on here.

Oh...its no''2.

"2) the annoying minority are largely the pink’un forum users!"

I think most of us care about the club, and at least we can discuss here and support on a Saturday.

I think Hughton is not the man for us - genuinely hope I am wrong. To put my opinion in context - I thought Brellier was a top signing! Still wiping the egg of my face from that one!

Don''t post much myself but the more views the better.

Hello!I don''t post much on here any more but have had a quick look around today.Just wanted to point out a couple of things (may have been mentioned elsewhere and if so, sorry, I got a bit lost with a few threads [:S]):1) On 16th September last season, after 4 matches, we had 2 points. I think it''s only reasonable to give this squad at least that amount of time to prove themselves*2) Have some forgotten how awful we were for the last third of last season? After that dismal cup loss to Leicester we only won 3 games from 13 and racked up a massive 12 points. The formation and tactics were questionable to say the least, but hey, we had the managerial messiah so who cares?3) As I understand it a large chunk of our Premier League money is due to creditors under the renegotiated loan terms for both last and this season - that may be a good, solid reason why we haven''t thrown £X-million at some has-been striker. Actually, I''m glad we haven''t thrown £X-million at a has-been striker. Marquee signings are not really my bag.4) Chris Hughton has now used the term "we" 100% more than Lambert ever did. This alone makes him very worthy of a chance in my book.There are 111 points left to play for. Let''s play for them!

*I''d rather go with the 15 match rule myself but realise some want results a little faster than that!

[quote user="LQ"]Hello!I don''t post much on here any more but have had a quick look around today.Just wanted to point out a couple of things (may have been mentioned elsewhere and if so, sorry, I got a bit lost with a few threads [:S]):1) On 16th September last season, after 4 matches, we had 2 points. I think it''s only reasonable to give this squad at least that amount of time to prove themselves*2) Have some forgotten how awful we were for the last third of last season? After that dismal cup loss to Leicester we only won 3 games from 13 and racked up a massive 12 points. The formation and tactics were questionable to say the least, but hey, we had the managerial messiah so who cares?3) As I understand it a large chunk of our Premier League money is due to creditors under the renegotiated loan terms for both last and this season - that may be a good, solid reason why we haven''t thrown £X-million at some has-been striker. Actually, I''m glad we haven''t thrown £X-million at a has-been striker. Marquee signings are not really my bag.4) Chris Hughton has now used the term "we" 100% more than Lambert ever did. This alone makes him very worthy of a chance in my book.There are 111 points left to play for. Let''s play for them!

*I''d rather go with the 15 match rule myself but realise some want results a little faster than that!

[/quote]Well said, well said, well said, well said, and you cap it all with a doctored version of "Andy''s Chest" by Lou Reed. [D]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I highly doubt the manager looks on here but you can be sure David McNally does.[/quote]From the OP, I think McNally posts on here.

[quote user="Mister Chops"] and you cap it all with a doctored version of "Andy''s Chest" by Lou Reed. [D] [/quote]That''s been my signature for about 4 years now! You''re the first one to notice (or I really don''t post much anymore [;)])

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Mister Chops"] and you cap it all with a doctored version of "Andy''s Chest" by Lou Reed. [D] [/quote]That''s been my signature for about 4 years now! You''re the first one to notice (or I really don''t post much anymore [;)])

[/quote]I bet Grant Holt''s got a hairy mind, the big brown bear!