Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Mark Bunn has handed in a transfer request

From his point of view, he maight aswell be sitting on the bench at a premiership club as a championship one?. I''m guessing that David Watson would have worked with him at Northampton so must come with some recommendation?, also allows to to send one/both of Rudd and Steer out on loan.

If we were to let Rudd and Steer to both go out on loan then this would make sense but why not let one go out with a call-back clause and keep the other as back-up rather than pay for another player''s wages, one of which is very unlikely to play.

[quote user="NcfcSam"] I''m begging he doesn''t come here.[/quote]

Why would that be as i am sure that i am not the only one on here who up until his name was mentioned a few days ago has paid no regard to his career whatsoever ?

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]If we were to let Rudd and Steer to both go out on loan then this would make sense but why not let one go out with a call-back clause and keep the other as back-up rather than pay for another player''s wages, one of which is very unlikely to play.
[/quote]

If Ruddy got injured on i.e 1st Sept would you really be comfortable with Rudd or Steer through until January?, bit of a Bryan Gunn / Andy Marshall situation?!?

Why? Is he a calamity? Is he worse than Steer or Rudd?  Can''t he shout?  What exactly are you basing your black and white opinion on?[quote user="NcfcSam"]Blackburn goalie, who we were linked with. I''m begging he doesn''t come here.[/quote]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]If we were to let Rudd and Steer to both go out on loan then this would make sense but why not let one go out with a call-back clause and keep the other as back-up rather than pay for another player''s wages, one of which is very unlikely to play.[/quote]

If Ruddy got injured on i.e 1st Sept would you really be comfortable with Rudd or Steer through until January?, bit of a Bryan Gunn / Andy Marshall situation?!?

[/quote]Tricky one indeed, is Rudd good enough to hold down a starting place in the Premiership, week in, week out?My cautious reply would be "Maybe, possibly"Which is probably how Hughton is seeing it.Its a tough judgement call, and if you get it wrong it could be disastrous for us. Which is a shame, as I really rate Rudd, but not sure we can take the chance.

It was interesting to watch the goalies going through the pre-match routines on Saturday.

1. Watson looked like a tougher character that we''ve had before. Very little chumminess on view.

2. Had a go at Rudd on a couple of occasions when he spilt a shot and when he failed to tip over a shot so that it hit the bar.

I suspect that Watson will be hard to please and maybe does not see Rudd as the finished article yet. Maybe a big assumption there but I certainly feel that he will learn a lot more being loaned out where he will play rather than warming our bench or finding himself exposed should the worst happen and Ruddy pick up a long term injury.

RP

dont really see much point in paying Birmingham big money for the best english goalkeeping coach in the country, only to then sent out Rudd or Steer on loan where they will not get any benefit from him, would have been better for us just to send Rudd to Brum and pay them a small coaching fee lol.

time, energy and money spent on getting another goalie would be better spend elsewhere methinks.

Better for Rudd and Steer to make mistakes and learn from them at another club where they actually play. Loan experience definitely a positive thing.

[quote user="kellybrook"]Why? Is he a calamity? Is he worse than Steer or Rudd?  Can''t he shout?  What exactly are you basing your black and white opinion on?

[quote user="NcfcSam"]Blackburn goalie, who we were linked with. I''m begging he doesn''t come here.[/quote][/quote]

Because he would be a waste of money just like Darren Ward was when he signed from Forest the in 2004 and if he goes ahead of Rudd and Steer then he could force them out of the club by not letting them get the first team football they need.

[quote user="NcfcSam"]

[quote user="kellybrook"]Why? Is he a calamity? Is he worse than Steer or Rudd?  Can''t he shout?  What exactly are you basing your black and white opinion on?[quote user="NcfcSam"]Blackburn goalie, who we were linked with. I''m begging he doesn''t come here.[/quote][/quote]

Because he would be a waste of money just like Darren Ward was when he signed from Forest the in 2004 and if he goes ahead of Rudd and Steer then he could force them out of the club by not letting them get the first team football they need.

[/quote]The best chance of first team football for them is on loan somewhere otherwise they''re waiting for Ruddy to get injured really. Steer went to Yeovil and played every game he was there and did well. I think that kind of experience benefits players massively, especially keepers. Rudd and Steer are still ours and can be signed onto longer contracts..they''re still young and know the score. Keepers rarely come in and become no.1 at a young age in Prem teams. Usually they go on loan in lower leagues and get that first team football under their belts

Like Joe Hart. Signed by Man City from home club Shrewsbury- for whom he became first choice at a young age (lower league club).

After signing for Man City, he went out on loan to Tranmere, Blackpool and Birmingham.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Best example I can think of of the benefits of sending young keepers on loan for experience.

I''d like to see Rudd or Steer go to Pompey - they would play in front of decent sized crowds (they had 17k at the weekend) and see another side of the football industry.

Perhaps he will play in goal "with" Ruddy. Maybe using 2 goalkeepers at once would do better than the team did at Fulham.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]What''s his currant contract situation? I bet John Cherry''s been on top of his wife.etc. etc.

[/quote]Bunny says he''ll only play if Lappin is in the team too.

Just a bit of food for thought, the club is taking questions for Rudd for the Scunthorpe game planner. I can imagine that means he will probably be a starter for that game and there will be a late decision on his season? I can''t imagine Rudd going out on loan this season.

That''s good, hopefully he will now sign for us, as we definately need some more experience! If it happens its a big tick in a box as far as I am concerned, as being left with Rudd & Steer if anything happens to Ruddy worries me, regardless of how good these two young guys are.