Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Morning rumours

From Twitter

Bassong on three year deal....Times

Carlos Munoz from Colo Colo for 4 Million Striker. Cannot find original source yet, from Twitter talk....

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Euhhhm...give us a reliable source mate...not twitter nor The Sun or The Daily Mail....[/quote]Not saying pal. A reasonable source though. Guess only time will tell [;)]

Oh dear. There is a very worrying trend with the potential signings. It''s almost as though preparations are being made for the championship next season. Premiership quality is needed!!

[quote user="Hog"]

Did Bassong used to play under Hughton at Newcastle?

[/quote]
He left the season Newcastle were relegated although Hughton was working as a coach for Newcastle at the time I think.

[quote user="Hog"]

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]This is being reported on Twitter and in The Times. But well done Brendo.[/quote]

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2777053/ShowPost.aspx

grrrrrr   [:D]

[/quote]Apologies, I did a Ctrl F search for Bassong and nothing came up.We''ll see.I''m hardly claiming that I''m going to be by Hughtons side when he''s gonna sign the contract. [:P]

I don''t know much about him really apart from he is a big lad, is from Cameroon and a defender. Saw a few highlights from last year whilst he played for Wolves but wasn''t enough to form an opinion.

I find it interesting though that we were suppossed to provide CH with the biggest transfer budget ever yet teams like QPR, Spurs, Arsenal are buying quality international young players for 3.5m, 5m range. Surely we could afford that.

I agree with Al, we need some quality in not from lower leagues. 

[quote user="Oz Canary"]

I don''t know much about him really apart from he is a big lad, is from Cameroon and a defender. Saw a few highlights from last year whilst he played for Wolves but wasn''t enough to form an opinion.

I find it interesting though that we were suppossed to provide CH with the biggest transfer budget ever yet teams like QPR, Spurs, Arsenal are buying quality international young players for 3.5m, 5m range. Surely we could afford that.

I agree with Al, we need some quality in not from lower leagues. 

[/quote]Strange isn''t it.Possible wage issues??

I would have thought his wages were way beyond our means but maybe he wants First Team football and possibly knows CH from Newcastle days.....

No thanks.

Michael Dawson has been made available by Spurs, though. Reckon £5m could make that happen.

Of course though, wages impossible to meet, blah blah...*

Would you think he would be a good signing.... like I said I don''t know enough about him.

All I know is that we need quality in before the window closes and by quality I mean good pro''s, EPL experience.

What about someone like Lovenkrands previously of Newcastle now Birmingham. He knows CH from both places and always struck me as a good player. 

To be honest, I''ve liked out centre halfs without prem experience... Ayala, Bennett, Martin all were decent last season. In fact, what player with prem experience has done well for us?Because (and I know it''s only 1 game), but Turner was absolutely atrocious against Fulham. Why all of a sudden are we so eager to sign prem players?Last season we did so well with ''more hungry'' players. Some more of those please!!!

Turner-Bassong partnership doesnt inspire me personally with confidence. Havent been overly impressed with Bassong when i''ve seen him play always looks like he has an error in him. If he signs i hope he proves me wrong but cant help feel it''s a waste of our resources when the fans and team could do with a more inspirational signing.

[quote user="Oz Canary"]

Whose he???

Playing in Israel isn''t he.

We need quality experienced EPL players not cheap alternatives

[/quote]Feel free to name some...

Konate is regarded as the next Ba or Cisse but would probably still be within our budget. We''re not going to sign Defoe.

Konate is only 19 so wouldn''t count towards our squad limit, would offer pace and possibly be a good prospect for the future.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8006590/Konate-working-on-Prem-move

I don''t think he would be that bad a signing.

But if you want an experienced EPL striker who will reliably score you goals they will cost money. Larger fee and larger wages. Look at Fletcher at Wolves - apparently they want £10million+ for him. I should imagine Defoe would be a similar sort of price.

Saha is available on a free if he doesn''t sign for Sunderland, but his wages must be rather high.