Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Who's the new Striker going to be?

Now defence has been sorted (sort of) I have a strong feeling that a quality striker will be signing/announced very soon.It''s just that, reports/offers coming in for Vaughan and Morison that maybe we need to off load (wage bill). This will make way for a new striker.Just a gut feeling.

I HOPE so.  I know we need to fix up our defence and I we''ve put enough effort into that with the signings we''ve got but honestly, if we dont score goals, it doesn''t matter how good our defence is.  last season we had a more adventurous attacking approach that gave us goals.  Its clear we are not going to do that this year given everything CH says about a solid defence.  So...goals dont look likely if we''re playing 5 in midfield and not allowing the wingers and one of the midfield 3 to really support holty.Need another striker.  Need another striker.  CH, Go find us a Papiss Cisse.  Quick.

Bassong signs... Cameroon international... Could have signed Sebastien to make Eto''s transition to Norfolk life a little smoother...? [;)]

[quote user="kick it off"]Bassong signs... Cameroon international... Could have signed Sebastien to make Eto''s transition to Norfolk life a little smoother...? [;)][/quote]

To HM Prison you mean?

[quote user="NCNOR"]I hope and think it''s Mohammed Abdellaoue. If we could afford Bassong, we can afford him.[/quote]

He''s signing for Lazio for unfortunately I don''t think it will be him.

As the Bassong transfer came from nowhere it shows that Norwich still have the ability to spring a surprise - if a new striker comes in I have a feeling it won''t be a name anyone thought to mention beforehand.

You can''t predict that ... he might play out the whole season...and you can''t deny he''s got talent

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]You can''t predict that ... he might play out the whole season...and you can''t deny he''s got talent[/quote]

If he did it would be the first time in his career spanning 8 seasons - I can''t say whether he is talented or not as he''s never had a chance to show it. In all honesty his season at Crystal Palace when he managed over 15 games for the first time in his career was pretty average.

He''s never impressed me playing for Norwich as he has barely played for us - personally I would sell him straight away if a club made an offer as he is too injury prone to put into a teams plans.

[quote user="Canarypops"]It going to be one of 3 Hooper ,Rhodes with someone going in other direction or Pay as you play Michael Owen[/quote]I hope it''s not Owen. We don''t want someone who''s lost the desire to play football, no matter how good they once were.

[quote user="safri_free_kick"][quote user="Canarypops"]It going to be one of 3 Hooper ,Rhodes with someone going in other direction or Pay as you play Michael Owen[/quote]I hope it''s not Owen. We don''t want someone who''s lost the desire to play football, no matter how good they once were. [/quote]
Lost the desire to play football? He hardly got the chance. I''m all for giving him that chance.

No point getting rid of Vaughan and getting Owen, both injury prone. We need a quality striker who can last the season and has a resale value. I would go with the African option too...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]You can''t predict that ... he might play out the whole season...and you can''t deny he''s got talent[/quote]

how do you know he''s got talent. He scored 9 goals in the championship and looks as lively as jackson when coming on for us (but not scoring)

I think Vaughan was a punt by the last adminitration which didn''t pan out. I have no doubt the boy has talent, and I admire his pace, however when i watch him play he just looks like an injury waiting to happen. His effort is tremendous but his 100 mph style is just too much for his body to take.

I do think they will have watched him and decided that it is a gamble they don''t want to take further.

these are not my views but im trying to be devils advocate here and see it from a purely business/football club point of view not a performance or playing one.      

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Why on earth don''t we let Vaughan play!!![/quote]

Because a fully fit Rhodes or half fit Owen will score enough to keep us up.... Will vaughan stay fit?

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"][quote user="safri_free_kick"][quote user="Canarypops"]It going to be one of 3 Hooper ,Rhodes with someone going in other direction or Pay as you play Michael Owen[/quote]I hope it''s not Owen. We don''t want someone who''s lost the desire to play football, no matter how good they once were. [/quote]
Lost the desire to play football? He hardly got the chance. I''m all for giving him that chance.
[/quote]He went Man United full in the knowledge he wouldn''t play that much, but wanted the money so he could focus on horse racing. Plus, he''s said he wants to stay in the North West, and it''s unlikely he''ll want to take the helicopter to Norfolk every day. Finally, Owen''s also said he''d prefer to be at a big club and not play, than be at a mid-sized club and play regularly.

Owen won''t come here I reckon. Guidetti is linked with 15 clubs!

Vaughan to stay please..at least until bloody January! See what he''s got.. Rather Chris Martin went if anyone had to. Would also like to see if Loza gets a loan move or a sneaky place on the bench for us.

Konate sounds an interesting option at 19yrs old and having done well at the Olympics. Would be very pleased to bring him in, but think he''s being touted around to various clubs too.

There was a mention of Hooper by someone on here earlier too...? Another interesting one

I really hope Vaughan gets a chance. He looked good in pre-season and really hungry for an oppurtunity to impress. Hopefully we''ll go back to two up top, Vaughan and Holt/Morison.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

If he did it would be the first time in his career spanning 8 seasons - I can''t say whether he is talented or not as he''s never had a chance to show it. In all honesty his season at Crystal Palace when he managed over 15 games for the first time in his career was pretty average.

He''s never impressed me playing for Norwich as he has barely played for us - personally I would sell him straight away if a club made an offer as he is too injury prone to put into a teams plans.

[/quote]
having an uninjured season for the first time in 8 seasons... sounds familiar. I think that someone who was very close to the same thing just signed for manu ;)