Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Do us Norwich fans understand football??

From some of the comments and views on here in recent weeks it would suggest that alot of the posters on here know very little about football.

A few examples;

Wes Hoolahan. According to this message board we need to sell him. Apparently un-proven players such as Butterfield and Snodgrass are far superior to little Wes. Anyone who understands football would know that Wes is critical to our success. Not only becuase of his unique abillity he is aslo one our our most senior players. And another thing I like about him is he''s a genuine pro who loves playing for Norwich. You won''t see him handing in a transfer request like a certain someone. So please just respect the guy, He''s a ledgend and our form will improve once he''s fit again.

Simeon Jackson. Again according to most he''s not good enough for the premiership. This again is the view of the fan devoid of football knowledge. Sure he didnt bang in 20 goals last year but he didnt start too many. However there''s so much more to his game. We look far more dangerous when he plays, his directness and pace cause havoc and allow chances for others. Do people forget his performances at Arsenal and Villa at the end of last season? Once Hughton realises he needs to play Holt with Jackson our fortunes will improve.

Jordon Rhodes. I like this one. This signing will apparently alleviate all our problems! Are people seriously thinking straight when they suggest we pay 6-8 million pounds for him!? He is a decent enough player, but he''s no better then anything we currently have and will bring nothing extra to the squad. So please forget him!

"We look far more dangerous when he plays"Do we. That must be why Lambert left him rotting on the bench most of last season then.

Cliche time......this is what makes football the beautiful as it is all about opinion and in my opinion i do not agree with the opinion of the OP.

Blimey keep Hoolahan because he loves the club and would never hand in a transfer request !!!!!

Most on here dont  they just agree with everything the club dishes up , even when we go down it will be for the best . Holt is England class too apparently ,why he just spent all his career in league 1 and 2 we will never know .

I really dislike you using words like ''most''.

There are many posters who think Hoolahan is great, me included.

Jackson has a pretty split following, some think he''s wonderful, some average, some not good enough.

And many (i''d say by now most) don''t think we should sign Rhodes, at least not for £6 million+.

And also, most posts on here are subjective, opinions. How do you really ''prove'' if Wes is better than Snodgrass? Please don''t say stats, they can almost prove anything, of course they have some use but they can be used to make your point very easily. Every fan understands football in their own way, obviously there are rights and wrongs, some players are clearly better (no one would try and argue Holt is better than Messi for an obvious example). I sometimes wonder if I lack a fundamental understanding of football as quite often my opinions differ greatly from the majority (Fozzy for example, I didn''t think he was terrible, but we won''t go into that now...).

Your on a sticky wicket when you think your opinion is the one that is developed on a deep understanding of football. There is no such thing otherwise professional managers would all pick the same sides as they would understand football. It just doesnt work that way it''s all about differing opinions even at the very top.

Four quid a pint in the smoke on Saturday.......£40 quid for a ticket......I should have stayed at home and drank absinthe, with friends.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So that''s 42 quid down the swanny!

Oh well..... at leased you got bladdered..

[/quote]

At leased?.......How much have you had? 50 pence worth?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve got an ''A'' in spelling.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

An ''A'' in spelling.......would make it ''spAlling.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I thought he literally meant he hired half of best sat it on the table for decoration. And each time somebody walked past he slurred, ''this is my 10th''.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I had spellang....

One problem I always think some Norwich fans have is that they believe Norwich is the centre of the universe and we should be pushing for top four every season. It may not be shouted at like that from these boards but I often think people lose perspective of how big a club we are. This is normally highlighted when watching games in pubs with drunken old Naarfolk boys who are grumbling that we''re not wiping the floor with ''them Naartheners'' or ''bluddy Lundun toipes''

NOt a chance.  Don''t you dare confuse me with one of the morons who thinks we have millions to throw around on unproven children from the lower leagues.[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="kellybrook"]"We look far more dangerous when he plays"Do we. That must be why Lambert left him rotting on the bench most of last season then.[/quote]

Hardly rotting was he? Didnt look to off at the Emirates did he? Let me guess spunk 8 million on Rhodes yeah?

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I had spellang....

[/quote]

Sea Palling....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I had spellang....

[/quote]

Sea Palling....

[/quote]

Yoe live on the edge....

Let me get this straight, a striker (say S Jackson) who doesn''t worry the goal, that''s ok.

Mmm, I''m not sure I know enough about football. I''ve always thought that we rely on strikers to at least worry a goalkeeper, leave it to defenders to run around with no end product.

I''ve got a lot to larn.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

From some of the comments and views on here in recent weeks it would suggest that alot of the posters on here know very little about football.

A few examples;

Wes Hoolahan. According to this message board we need to sell him. Apparently un-proven players such as Butterfield and Snodgrass are far superior to little Wes. Anyone who understands football would know that Wes is critical to our success. Not only becuase of his unique abillity he is aslo one our our most senior players. And another thing I like about him is he''s a genuine pro who loves playing for Norwich. You won''t see him handing in a transfer request like a certain someone. So please just respect the guy, He''s a ledgend and our form will improve once he''s fit again.

Simeon Jackson. Again according to most he''s not good enough for the premiership. This again is the view of the fan devoid of football knowledge. Sure he didnt bang in 20 goals last year but he didnt start too many. However there''s so much more to his game. We look far more dangerous when he plays, his directness and pace cause havoc and allow chances for others. Do people forget his performances at Arsenal and Villa at the end of last season? Once Hughton realises he needs to play Holt with Jackson our fortunes will improve.

Jordon Rhodes. I like this one. This signing will apparently alleviate all our problems! Are people seriously thinking straight when they suggest we pay 6-8 million pounds for him!? He is a decent enough player, but he''s no better then anything we currently have and will bring nothing extra to the squad. So please forget him!

[/quote]

I agree Lincoln Canary, a large proportion of our fans are utterly stupid, including most who stand near me in the Barclay, the chap who sits to the right of me being a total f*ckwit.

If you think Jackson cuts the mustard though I may have to add you to that list. I remember his performance last year against Arsenal, lots of running around and blowing a simple one on one with the keeper. All action, no end product. Thankfully he runs around a lot more than Morison so must be better therefore gets less stick.