Sign in to follow this  
S10 Canary

The guys behind me at Fulham were hilarious!

I sat in P4 of the neutral block and the guys behind me took the edge off a tough afternoon with their sheer comedic genius.

After we went 3-0 down; "Well..it is hot after all." , "Yeah..it''s too hot for the lads."

After Ruddy shanked a clearence; "England''s number 3!, England''s England''s number 3!"

4-0 down; "Suppose i''d take a draw then"

It''s hard to convey how dry the humour was but it was ace. Nice one lads if it was you.

Also the group down in front constantly yelling "MARK!" At Schwarzer was excellent. Went on for ages and it gave me the giggles.

Have to say the Fans were probably the best part of the day, that and the nice drive through London seeing all the attractions :P

I thought the best bit was when 4 clowns at each corner kicked a ball to the centre circle and the nearest won a seat, i want to know what sort of seat, plastic, wooden , indoor conservatory or garden furniture but no doubt a reject from Harrods.

H

Yeah and what about the woman in a jacket who grew a pair and after half time ejected the shrek lookalike and his sidekick for persistent standing in P4 behind the goal, back of the net!

H

If I didn''t stand, I wouldn''t have been able to see about 1/4 of the pitch. Are tickets supposed to say Restricted View on, if they are restricted? (I was sitting in P7, right next to the river, barely felt like I was in the stand)

[quote user="Mello Yello"]The Fulham fans thought our performance was hilarious......[/quote]I couldn''t tell, Fulham''s support is easily the worst in the PL, bunch of mutes. (N)

The best part for me was at Notting Hill Gate tube station on the way back. Norwich fans going down the escalator, Swansea and QPR fans coming up the other way. Swansea fans were trying to wind us all up on sight, but were drowned out by a group of QPR and our fans singing "hands up if you lost 5-0" and the like. There were also high fives on the platform for losing 5-0. T''was some light relief sandwiched between (i) the crap match and (ii) the absolute shambles at King''s Cross. [:)]

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]Yeah and what about the woman in a jacket who grew a pair and after half time ejected the shrek lookalike and his sidekick for persistent standing in P4 behind the goal, back of the net! H[/quote]

She was only about 1/2 his size and had more guts than most of the people around there.

I did like the "5-0 and you still don''t sing" chant. I think it summed up thier fans completley.

Davo

The fans at Fulham were amazing. Very loud at the beginning of the match, this subsided as more and more goals went in. But at 5-0 down in the final minutes they rallied and sang louder than ever the ''5-0 up and you still won''t sing/stay'' chant''s followed by the shushing were really good. I was proud to be a Norwich fan that day.

[quote user="Gareth"]The fans at Fulham were amazing. Very loud at the beginning of the match, this subsided as more and more goals went in. But at 5-0 down in the final minutes they rallied and sang louder than ever the ''5-0 up and you still won''t sing/stay'' chant''s followed by the shushing were really good. I was proud to be a Norwich fan that day.[/quote]

There''s something quite beautiful and heart warming about a rousing chorus of "City ''til I die" when you''re getting thumped 5-0.

I was amazed at the Fulham fans, they might as well get rid of the neutral area and make the whole ground neutral.

Schwarzer got a cheer for chucking a bottle of water to someone at the front, although my brother pointed out that it was one of Ruddy''s that had been out in the sun for over an hour and must have been too hot to drink.

if they were the same guys near me in p4, i particularly liked this comment at 5-0... ''we''ll be alright, just bring hucks on''.