Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

QPR to sign....................

I''m really hoping that QPR go down this season! £10m for him is borderline insane! He''s another injury plagued player to keep Kieron Dyer company!

£5.5m rising to £10m depending on several things. Wortj about that in my book. England defender. Great for Spurs, injuries aside. When you consider Wolves paid over £7m for Roger Johnson I think Dawson is worth that in today''s market.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]£5.5m rising to £10m depending on several things. Wortj about that in my book. England defender. Great for Spurs, injuries aside. When you consider Wolves paid over £7m for Roger Johnson I think Dawson is worth that in today''s market.[/quote]

Well, yeah, he''s played 4 times for England but he''s never really threatened to make himself a first choice player for England. Generally there has always been a few names ahead of him.

Not saying he isn''t a decent defender because he obviously he is, he''s got plenty enough about him to handle it at Premier League level. But his distribution isn''t the best and he tends to need someone alongside him with a bit more nous (Ledley King in the past).

He''s worth it? Really???

I can honestly say that he has never impressed me once. Where the hype about him came from, I don''t know.

Think we got a much better defender in Bassong.

very good signing for them. Tho, we needed bassong instead as he''s more pacey than someone who''s slow, but solid (bennett and turner).

Martin     Bennett    Bassong    Tierney

looks good to me

Whittaker Turner Bassong Garrido(Good defensively           

)(Good offensive Garrido pinging them in with his left foot, allowing

Pilks/Snod to cut inside and have a go at goal or assist the strikers or

a upcoming midfielder)

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

very good signing for them. Tho, we needed bassong instead as he''s more pacey than someone who''s slow, but solid (bennett and turner).

Martin     Bennett    Bassong    Tierney

looks good to me

[/quote]

I agree the pace is a big plus and i think we needed that,especially as Naughton has gone. But i agree with Marc Libra''s haircut i think Hughton will play Turner, Garrido and possibly Whittaker when fit as first choices, shame as i would hope R.Bennett is going to get games to really see how good he can be.

Any more stupid mistakes like the crap pass and subsequent penalty by Turner and it''ll be Bennett in and him on the bench methinks. I like the look of Bassong and Bennett as long as one of them ''has a voice'' at the back and organises well.

Now I''d rather have Dawson every day of the week and when you''re talking about Norwich and Norfolk generally, Dawson''s much more likely to settle into the rural lifestyle.  I don''t know nearly anything about Bassong other than his name sounds like a woodwind instrument and he''s African.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

Now I''d rather have Dawson every day of the week and when you''re talking about Norwich and Norfolk generally, Dawson''s much more likely to settle into the rural lifestyle.  I don''t know nearly anything about Bassong other than his name sounds like a woodwind instrument and he''s African.

[/quote]

I am sure this post will give you the attention you are craving and more besides.

Sky reckons its in excess of £9 million !!!Bonkers price from a bonkers club.http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8008391/Spurs-accept-Dawson-offer-

They''ve also agreed a loan for Ricardo Carvalho from Real Madrid. Carvalho and Dawson at the back could be solid. Im getting more and more worried about saturday......I''ve got the feeling that one team (not sure which) will be out to prove a point.....

This little club is showing that money really is ruining football...10 Million for Dawson is crazy ... and Carvalho ... and Hoillett ... and they don''t draw dick in a crappy stadium ...

Now I''m even more certain QPR will be in a relegation scrap. Signing ageing, injury-prone players on studpidly high wages is not a good thing to do (especially when you consider the capacity of Loftus Road). It''s not a sustainable way of running a football club, and I bet they''ll be bankrupt like Portsmouth within five years.

[quote user="stoke canary"]Dawson from Spurd 10 million .Never worth that!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Looks like bit of a panic buy to me.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[/quote]

And how do you cope with the rural lifestyle?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]And by the way Bassong was born in France.[/quote]

You don''t expect him to let facts get in the way of sh***

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Dawson, good signing, but silly money. Carvalho at 34 not so sure tbh[/quote]

IMO a one year loan of a solid, quality, highly experienced mature defender is good business by QPR - their objective this year, like everybody else''s, is to stay in the premiership for obvious reasons.