Sign in to follow this  
SheringhamCanary

Something I've heard...

I know people get shot down on here for rumours, and the fact this is a first time post looks dodgy, but having lost my details for my former account, i found the easier way was to create a new account...

My auntie works with Shola Ameobi''s mum up in Newcastle and she was saying that he''s had talks with the Norwich board, isn''t travelling with Newcastle tonight due to ongoing discussions. Hughton really rated him at Newcastle during his time there. Surplus to requirements at Newcastle. Could spell the end of Morison?

Why would it spell the end for Morison?

He scored 8/9 League goals last season, and to be honest was one of the very few who actually tried against Fulham.

It could spell the end for Vaughan, he''s the one rumoured to be leaving.

Not sure i''m too keen on the idea of Ameobi though.

If we signed Ameobi, I''d be pretty gutted and almost convinced of relegation.

He''s been surplus there before and has stayed. Can''t see why he would leave now.

How many times have we been linked with this guy over the past 5/6 years! He defiantly has talent and i would be inclined to say he is better than Morrison, i believe he has some pace as well for a big guy?? We had 3 big players at the club last season, but if Ameobi was to come in i doubt Morrison would want to stay as 3rd choice.
I would still prefer to see a pacey foreign striker come and have a go in the prem, but i can imagine a loan deal for Ameobi with an option to buy happening.
OP, why have you claimed he isn''t travelling with Newcastle tonight, travelling where? Do they have a UEFA cup game coming up?

[quote user="priceyrice"]How many times have we been linked with this guy over the past 5/6 years! He defiantly has talent and i would be inclined to say he is better than Morrison, i believe he has some pace as well for a big guy?? We had 3 big players at the club last season, but if Ameobi was to come in i doubt Morrison would want to stay as 3rd choice.

I would still prefer to see a pacey foreign striker come and have a go in the prem, but i can imagine a loan deal for Ameobi with an option to buy happening.

OP, why have you claimed he isn''t travelling with Newcastle tonight, travelling where? Do they have a UEFA cup game coming up?

[/quote]

They are in EUROPA league qualification tomorrow night.

I think the OP may be using honeyed words here, so im not going to believe it. If it is true then it''s a shame because Ameobi is really a championship player IMO.

Also like GP said how would it spell the end for Morison? Wouldn''t some competition push him a bit harder as well? Morison is a good player.

(isn''t travelling with Newcastle tonight due to ongoing discussions)He is still recovering from a hamstring injury, that may be why hes not travelling.

Oh no, not a Ameobi rumour again, although it has been sometime since the last one I guess.  "if" true, then I''d have no problem with him joining and disagree that he is a Championship player, saw him several times last season and he was a genuine threat at this level, definately better than Morison (who also cuts it, and who I have no problem with and who we should keep in my view) and I could see him doing well for us.

[quote user="Ameobi''s coming to Norwich."]

I know people get shot down on here for rumours, and the fact this is a first time post looks dodgy, but having lost my details for my former account, i found the easier way was to create a new account...

My auntie works with Shola Ameobi''s mum up in Newcastle and she was saying that he''s had talks with the Norwich board, isn''t travelling with Newcastle tonight due to ongoing discussions. Hughton really rated him at Newcastle during his time there. Surplus to requirements at Newcastle. Could spell the end of Morison?

He''s not though is he?They only have Cisse and Ba,they havnt even given Ranger a squad number

What you see os what you get with him. Somewhat injury prone but quite a handful when fit. His ongoing contributions to Newcastle do underline that he has many positive attributes as he has survived many regimes there. He would be imo moreof cover/alternative to holt rather than any other strikers we have on the books

I''m not sure we''ve ever been properly linked with Ameobi, its mainly been random anonymous posts on here over the years.

The OP here is probably another one. That said he;s not likely to get many starts at Newcastle and i guess could do a job for us and would be an improvement on Wilbraham. Would leave newcastle a bit light on strikers though wouldn''t it?

Ameobie has been alternating between Asda and Morrison''s for years now. I wish he would shop somewhere else

Could Ameobi be Hughton''s ''ace up his sleeve''?  Ameobi is a ''beautiful mover''...

FFS, I thought the days of all this Ameobi tripe were long gone...