Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

OT - Reading!!

Cech will not want to see that second one again. He will not make a worse mistake in his whole career.

[quote user="Gareth"]According to Sky Sports Score centre Reading have had 21.7% possession...[/quote]Its all Reading now

what game are you watching?reading playing some nice football when theyve got the ball, should be 3-1 as well

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Gareth"]According to Sky Sports Score centre Reading have had 21.7% possession...[/quote]Its all Reading now[/quote]
They''re playing better now, whether they can keep up like this is the question. 

Weren''t Southampton 2-1 up at Man City on Sunday?  Threads like this are better at full time, though now I''ve typed this no doubt Reading will win.

Sure, any newly promoted team going 2-1 up at Stamford would gain confidence and play better. After scoring that second they looked very good, but chelsea were stunned and all over the place.

Chelsea were well on top before that and had it not been for some selfishness and wayward forward play, they could have been 2 or 3 up.

I am not certain reading will maintain this. Defending looks pretty woeful.

However, at least they''ve attacked and managed to string some passing moves together....

even if they lose i think all managers of teams outside the top 5 can see if they let their teams have a go then they might stand a chance of picking up points (lets hope hughtons one of these). Everyone expects to not get anything from those games anyway so instead of parking the bus you might as well drive it straight at them

[quote user="technika"]what game are you watching?reading playing some nice football when theyve got the ball, should be 3-1 as well

[/quote]Am I reading that correctly?

[quote user="technika"]what game are you watching?reading playing some nice football when theyve got the ball, should be 3-1 as well

[/quote]
Reading have only had the ball 21.7% of the time.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="technika"]what game are you watching?reading playing some nice football when theyve got the ball, should be 3-1 as well

[/quote]
[/quote]There''s no points awarded for possession Gareth. Reading are giving it a go just like we did last season. They may well end up losing but at least the fans can feel they were trying to get something. Unlike the safety first offering from our boys on Saturday.

[quote user="technika"]when theyve got the ball ;)

[/quote]
Most of their chances have come from set pieces, you don''t have to play well to create chances from set pieces.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="technika"]what game are you watching?reading playing some nice football when theyve got the ball, should be 3-1 as well

[/quote]
[/quote]There''s no points awarded for possession Gareth. Reading are giving it a go just like we did last season. They may well end up losing but at least the fans can feel they were trying to get something. Unlike the safety first offering from our boys on Saturday.[/quote]
When a defence play as badly have Chelsea''s have, you don''t have to attack all that much. Set pieces and long passes are causing havoc amongst the Chelsea back line.

[quote user="City1st"]

eh  ?

[/quote]
Ricardo said that Reading ''were giving it a go'' indicating they were attacking regularly, then he said they''d parked the bus i.e. aren''t very attacking.

it was the parked the bus bit I didn''t get

I know it gets a bit busy on the roads around Stamford Bridge but parking the team coach is hardly  that important

[quote user="Barclay Bear"]What! Why are Reading playing today? I really hope we win on Saturday or we are going to start looking stupid!chelsea in the super cup[/quote]