Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Bassong new signing

I realise there is already some chat about this on the "morning rumours" thread. Thought he deserved his own. I for one, am very pleased with the rumour. Will believe it when I see a picture of him holding a city shirt.

The reaction from the Spurs fans isn''t great on twitter. But people I know think it''s a good signing.

Will wait to make my own opinion though.

Before I''m laid in the sun to die a slow, painful death, I''d like to apologise for starting a thread about Bassong at roughly the same time as you. I should have thought before I acted, and hope people will forgive my dire indiscretion.

Helveg moment? Wasn''t he in his 30''s with no premier league experience? Basson is 26, with ample premier league experience. Can''t see that he''s coming here to earn a wedge before he retires.

Is he still a regular international.? Only asking, cos he might be away for the ANC, which is a price BIG Clubs like us pay for having international players in their ranks. ;)

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Helveg moment? Wasn''t he in his 30''s with no premier league experience? Basson is 26, with ample premier league experience. Can''t see that he''s coming here to earn a wedge before he retires.[/quote]

Last season at Wolves and what happened to them.

Just so we are clear this is an amazing signing. before he made a bad move to spurs which a few players have done, he was rated as a top young up and coming defender, the guy is only 26 and cost spurs then 8 million. He is a massive improvement on what we have and is quick.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Helveg moment? Wasn''t he in his 30''s with no premier league experience? Basson is 26, with ample premier league experience. Can''t see that he''s coming here to earn a wedge before he retires.[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you saying it was all his fault, or he is a jinx?

I can''t say I''m overjoyed with this. I work with a load of spurs fans who find this quite amusing as he "has a mistake a game in him"...isn''t that like, Ward, Turner (1 game granted), Barnett, Bennett, and Ayala who has just gone out on loan? (why?)

I cant see how he is going to improve the team and more importantly, his head was turned in Newcastle''s relegation season as the last few games "he wasn''t at the races". Sound rather familiar. He jumped ship to Spurs when they were relegated.

Surely we need a pacey winger ahead of another centre back?

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Are you saying it was all his fault, or he is a jinx?

[/quote]

Neither just pointing out that he is used to relegation, Newcastle and Wolves.

Might prove different here though, we can but pray!

Hmmm! I always said that signing players who yoyo with clubs who get relegated adds to the danger of relegation! Relegated twice from the premiership! not held down startig place at Spurs, only played 53 times in 9 of those at Wolves as loan in over three years!

Can''t say I''m overjoyed as some but then again I said Turner was no better than Ward and got shot down!

But as Purple says we have to accept that we need to cut our cloth to suite our club finances and Bassong is as good as we can afford, can''t be any worse than Ward and Turner, so improving the squad!

Pacey Winger and Stirker would be nice, how about a double raid on Blackpool for Ince and Huddersfield for Rhodes? Too much money and too big wages?

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="urdie_Canary"]He was shocking for Wolves last season.
[/quote]

Yet was really good for Newcastle and Spurs in seasons prior to that?

Judging him on one season is laughable.
[/quote]

Not even a whole season, but half a season... being managed by Terry Connor, I''d like to see any player come out of that looking decent.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="urdie_Canary"]He was shocking for Wolves last season.
[/quote]

Yet was really good for Newcastle and Spurs in seasons prior to that?

Judging him on one season is laughable.
[/quote]

Yet some people are judging our manager on one competitive game.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]I can''t say I''m overjoyed with this. I work with a load of spurs fans who find this quite amusing as he "has a mistake a game in him"...isn''t that like, Ward, Turner (1 game granted), Barnett, Bennett, and Ayala who has just gone out on loan? (why?)

I cant see how he is going to improve the team and more importantly, his head was turned in Newcastle''s relegation season as the last few games "he wasn''t at the races". Sound rather familiar. He jumped ship to Spurs when they were relegated.

Surely we need a pacey winger ahead of another centre back?[/quote]Least we''ll easily off-load him when we go down[:P]