Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Jacob Butterfield

Couldn''t finmd this anywhere else; anyhow he''s tweeted saying that he is back in full training tomorrow and looking forward to his debut very soon.Is that earlier than we thought - somehow I had it in my mind that he wouldn''t be fit until October.Looking forward to seeing him play - the good thing about buying players injured is that you forget about them for a bit, and when they come back to the team is like a new signing !!

Can''t wait, really want to see him in the attacking mid position! Supposed to be able to dribble, score with both feet and create for others. Seriously want to see this lad play

Totally agree about not expecting too much..still exciting though and looking forward to him building himself back to real full fitness. Same as Snoddy really - he needs time to get up to speed.

six with his left and one with his right in that clip, but a barnsley comment below states that he is right footed. if he is, then we could see something special because his left peg is prety classy.

I have a client who is a massive Barnsley fan and she could not stop talking about JB! Hugely loved over there. Apparently, he''s always quoted as saying that he doesn''t know which foot is his best. However, she''s adamant that he dies indeed know, he just won''t tell anyone!

I like it.

Maintain an element of surprise!

He looks an excellent player and apparently will unleash a powerful and accurate shot whenever he gets a glimpse of goal. Just what we need!

Would still have Hoolahan in the starting XI if we''re going with one striker.  However, excited about seeing Butterfield for the first time and perhaps when match fit he might give Wes a run for the creative berth.

From those clips it seems as though he plays well off a big man up front which bodes well for us.  It would mean a reshuffle in midfield I suppose.We would line up something like this.HoltButterfield AM/Free role/Second StrikerSnodgrass - RMHowson - Tip of DiamondJohnson - Base of DiamondPilks - LMMartin -RBTurner - CBBassong - CBGarrido - LBRuddy

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Would still have Hoolahan in the starting XI if we''re going with one striker.  However, excited about seeing Butterfield for the first time and perhaps when match fit he might give Wes a run for the creative berth.[/quote].....sorry, but hoolahan does not bring as much goal threat in the premier as it appears butterfield will, so with only one striker butterfield would definitely get my vote to play in the hole. it all depends how he can play with the ball at his feet. reports have it that he has brilliant control and passing, and don''t forget that hughton played against him in the championship and prety much made him the number one target when he got here. i get the feeling wes will be more of a bench warmer this season.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Would still have Hoolahan in the starting XI if we''re going with one striker.  However, excited about seeing Butterfield for the first time and perhaps when match fit he might give Wes a run for the creative berth.

[/quote].....sorry, but hoolahan does not bring as much goal threat in the premier as it appears butterfield will, so with only one striker butterfield would definitely get my vote to play in the hole. it all depends how he can play with the ball at his feet. reports have it that he has brilliant control and passing, and don''t forget that hughton played against him in the championship and prety much made him the number one target when he got here. i get the feeling wes will be more of a bench warmer this season.
[/quote]

Butterfield wasn''t a great goal threat in the Championship so I don''t know how you can be so sure he will carry a significantly better threat than Hoolahan in the Prem.

I think who ever is in the squad we need to ensure we use the wings and get those crosses in! we have a good pool of tallent which we need to use in the right way and we will see City having the same season as last year, we have brought in some decent defenders (lets hope the prove their worth) and we have a good choice in mid and attack, but we need to play the positive football we saw last season and go for it!

Totally agree Fletch. For me that has a midfield of

Hoolahan (perhaps Butterfield in time)

Snodgrass                      Bennett

Howson