Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

embarassed?

was anyone else embarassed with what they just saw? i was, no fight and spineless the only ones who were any good were green and shackell! hux gave up after 60 mins and then worthy said cant fault the lads for effort! HES HAVIN A LARF! even cambridge would have beaten us after that performance! what does everyone else think?

Rather annoyed at an inspid performance, at least if we are going down lets go down with our heads held high and all guns blazing...

Yes I feel for a Premiership (well we are are''nt we) team to go 90 mins without even giving the opposing goalkeeper a save to make is totally embarassing.  I said to my mate at half time that this display stinks of a team that already knows they are going down.  Four points behind West Brom (yes I know West Brom) with Arsenal and Man U the next two games I am afraid to say that this is the end of our season which has been absolutely dismal.  Dont know what the least points is for a team getting relegated but we must sure be on those lines.  So it''s goodnight from me and goodnight from him (whoever he is).

All of the above = correct! And when Worthy said that the players gave him 100% effort, my TV nearly went through the window! You wouldn''t see Dowie or Warnock praising his players after a timid performance like that. When our best player (Shackell) is a 21-year-old with three games'' Prem experience, that says it all. I feel that senior players like Hucks let us down tonight, giving up with a whimper. With Green, Shackell, possibly Francis and Deano & Leon up front, we''ve got the spine of a good team. Drury, Helveg, Huckerby and The Doc could do a good job for us next year. Apart from that, I''d quite happily get rid of the rest of the squad, if that''s the best that they can give.    

For me, Nigel Worthington''s post match interview was more embarrassing than Delia''s outburst during the Man City game.

You guys know my stance on Worthy; I''ve never said a bad thing about the man who has changed this football club around. Even if we finish bottom I will still stand by him as the man to lead Norwich City into another Championship winning season BUT his comments today about fight, work ethic and spirit were humiliating.

The reason we lost today because there was no fight, no work ethic and no team spirit. We looked like a team that was relegated long ago - second to every ball, lazy marking, non existant passing and just playing easy deep football.

Based on that, and our last five or six performances; we are already relegated I''m afraid.