Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

You all want a striker...

Who then?

Serious suggestions please.

I for one, would like to see Kenwyne Jones sign for us. Not too unrealistic and undoubtedly a class player.

Hooper wouldn''t be too bad either.

inb4messi.

And there is the problem. Whoever we bought, half this board would dismiss it instantly as poor business.Just to put some perspective on Kenwyn Jones, he would cost us at least £5 million plus addons, agent fees etc, plus wages of 40 grand a week (reputed what he is on at Stoke).So, in a couple of years if we stay up we can go for players of his level like Stoke did.Does that tell you the reality of where we are in the pecking order?  Who is realistic and would improve what we have?  Incredibly tough as if we want him, a dozen other clus will want him as well.  The problem is that if someone like Shane Long is 7 million quid, and even holt would command a 2.5-3 million bid - you simply cannot escape the reality that this proven pacey wonderguy would cost 10 million - WHICH WE DO NOT HAVE.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]Kenwyne Jones! Haha.

No thanks, rather have Holt & Morison.[/quote]So you don''t want a new striker then mate?

Ex-scum but Jon Walters. Always rated him, even at Scumtaaawn.I did like the abuse we gave him on the first home game of last season though when Ruddy saved his crap pen. [:D]

Been thinking about this since the subject came up, and I honestly don''t have a clue who we could get in our price range.

The new striker I want is...........Steve Morison.

And I want to play to our stengths.

Last season at Christmas we had scored more headed goals than any other teams.

All we need imo is a horrible,nasty player to win the ball in the middle of the park, let Howson spread the ball wide.

We have wingers in Piklington, Snodgrass and Bennett that can get the ball in the box.

[quote user="CDMullins"]The new striker I want is...........Steve Morison.

And I want to play to our stengths.

Last season at Christmas we had scored more headed goals than any other teams.

All we need imo is a horrible,nasty player to win the ball in the middle of the park, let Howson spread the ball wide.

We have wingers in Piklington, Snodgrass and Bennett that can get the ball in the box.[/quote]Agree with all your points there CD!

Obviously isn''t going to happen now but Huddlestone would have been great.

I assume you like the 4-4-2 formation we played last season then?

It''s our best team imo, caused so many teams problems (Chelsea away, Spurs away, Newcastle home,. Sunderland home)

In Bennett and Pilkington, I think we have 2 absolutely sensational wingers too.

Whilst we have many midfielders, who really is a ''big bruiser''?

nooooooooooooooooooooo-one :(

Maybe we wil do what we did with the last central defender we brought from Spurs and play Bassong up top as a lone striker!

I would love to see the one striker who has something different to Hotl and Morison, Rhodes, easy really, in our price range and wages would not be an issue.

The likes of Jones, Owen, Bendtner, Defoe and such like are way out of our league on wages alone! I think we need to look at who is available in our price range, best value for money! but offers soething different.

if we get a new striker, and i think that we will, then i would be very surprised if he was british. much, much cheaper options abroad. one caveat to this, if we take someone on loan.

[quote user="Brendo"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]Kenwyne Jones! Haha.

No thanks, rather have Holt & Morison.[/quote]So you don''t want a new striker then mate?[/quote]

I certainly don''t think we''re DESPERATE for a striker. A new option would be nice but I think the ones we have, plus our midfield, are more than capable.

Would much prefer a big, powerhouse defensive midfielder.

[quote user="kellybrook"]And there is the problem. Whoever we bought, half this board would dismiss it instantly as poor business[/quote]

Who gives a flying **** what half this board think.

If we sign a new striker, all that matters is they turn up and score a lot of goals

Jozy Altidore, Mohammed Abdellaoue, Dieumerci Mbokani, Tarik El Younoussi, Oribe Peralta, Davy Claude Angan, Christian Chuco Benitez or possibly Erick Torres

Any of those would do, but doubt any will happen

I was just thinking Jozy Altidore. Didn''t do great at Hull but after a few seasons he finally seems to be coming good at AZ. 15 goals in 31 last season and 4 in 2 so far this one. Still only 22 too.

[quote user="Rob"]Jozy Altidore, Mohammed Abdellaoue, Dieumerci Mbokani, Tarik El Younoussi, Oribe Peralta, Davy Claude Angan, Christian Chuco Benitez or possibly Erick Torres

Any of those would do, but doubt any will happen[/quote]You clearly play fifa, and a lot of it haha!No hating though, I do too. [:P]

I would love to get Altidore really seems to be hitting his form and still at such a young age he is surely worth a go

Kevin Doyle? Or to be honest it is Europe and there plenty of strikers who would come to the UK and premiership.

[quote user="Brendo"] I for one, would like to see Kenwyne Jones sign for us. Not too unrealistic and undoubtedly a class player. [/quote]

Maybe Mike could put a word in for us.....

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Big Big no to both. Jones hardley ever scores and Hooper is really championship level. He could come off but it is a gamble[/quote]No one can say/know this. No one. No chance. He has never been given the chance. I''ll be honest, I wasn''t even sure Holt would perform in the Champ, let alone Prem. Give the lad a chance, he''s still young!

[quote user="Rob"]Jozy Altidore, Mohammed Abdellaoue, Dieumerci Mbokani, Tarik El Younoussi, Oribe Peralta, Davy Claude Angan, Christian Chuco Benitez or possibly Erick Torres Any of those would do, but doubt any will happen[/quote]

Saw Mbokani score an excellent hat trick last week for Anderlecht..reminded me of the style of Efan Ekoku for those with a long memory