Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Team for Saturday against QPR?

PL was clever, he created such a versitile squad that no teams could amticipate who would play and what formation. I hope CH takes this idea on board and uses the broadness of our squad to create an unpredictable team. Johnson for me isn''t quite their, I think putting Fox and Howson together makes sense. Calmness and capability on the ball as well as posing an attacking threat through Howson with Fox''s range of distribution. For me, Pilkington is one of our best players; but I think we need to keep mix and matching things up. Bennett''s pace could give Fabio a good run around. With the poor attacking threat we posed against Fulham, CH has no choice to go 4-4-2. Vaughan has to starts for me. I''d like to see...RuddyR.Martin.Bassong BennettGarridoFoxHowsonSnodgrassBennett/HoolahanVaughanHoltBench - Rudd, Turner, Tierney, Johnson, Surman, Pilkington, Morison

I suspect Bassong will replace Ryan Bennett, not Turner. Think he''ll go for the most experienced option there. Tierney and Pilkington also to be dropped after their dire performances on Saturday.

Just pray Hughton goes for 2 up front.

So:

Ruddy

R.Martin.
Bassong
Turner
Garrido

Johnson
Howson
E. Bennett
Hoolahan

Vaughan
Holt

Bench - Rudd, Tierney, R. Bennett, Fox, Surman, Pilkington, Morison

Got a feeling CH will go with ''experience'' and leave Turner in unfortunately.

Would play Bennett on the right and Pilks on the left and leave Snoddy out to start with. Vaughan and Holt up front. Then bring on Wes, Morison, Snoddy or Surman as needed. Otherwise start ''Holt and Wes'' or ''Morison and Vaughan''

[quote user="Hasslehound"]I would like to see Bassong straight in alongside Turner, who can hopefully put the Fulham game behind him. Garrido in for Tierney. Two up front as it''s clear Holt as the lone frontman still isn''t working. Vaughan makes sense partnering him but rumours persist there''s a move away lined up. Snodgrass switched to the right where he was so successful for Leeds. I imagine Hughton will stick with Howson and Johnson in the middle.[/quote]

Snodgrass cannot be "switched to the right" as that is where he played (not very well) at Fulham.

RP

Personally I think Hughton probably eyes this as an oppurtunity to make 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 work. Unfortunately for us. The correct answer is of course 4-4-2 or any other combination two up front.
                            Ruddy
R.Martin ---- Bassong ---- Turner ---- Garrido
                           Fox

Bennet ---------- Pilkington
                      Hoolahan
Vaughan Holt
Subs: Steer, R.Bennet, Tierney, Snodgrass, Howson, Morison, Johnson
Would be my shout

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Bassong played as a defensive midfielder for the French under 21 national team, maybe that''s where we will play him
[/quote]

Interesting.

OTBC

[quote user="Robert Parsons"][quote user="Hasslehound"]I would like to see Bassong straight in alongside Turner, who can hopefully put the Fulham game behind him. Garrido in for Tierney. Two up front as it''s clear Holt as the lone frontman still isn''t working. Vaughan makes sense partnering him but rumours persist there''s a move away lined up. Snodgrass switched to the right where he was so successful for Leeds. I imagine Hughton will stick with Howson and Johnson in the middle.[/quote]

Snodgrass cannot be "switched to the right" as that is where he played (not very well) at Fulham.

RP[/quote]

Sorry, my mistake. I gathered he was being played centrally again from the line up I saw prior to kick off. The question is, then, where can he work most effectively? Mixed reports about his performance on Saturday.

Why do so many people think Turner is ahead of Bennett?

I hope it''s:

Ruddy

Martin - Bassong - Bennett - Garrido

Snodders - Howson - Johnson - Pilkington

Holt - Vaughan

On the bench for a change up: Morison, Wes, Bennett, Surman, Turner, Ruddy & Fox

[quote user="Hasslehound"][quote user="Robert Parsons"][quote user="Hasslehound"]I would like to see Bassong straight in alongside Turner, who can hopefully put the Fulham game behind him. Garrido in for Tierney. Two up front as it''s clear Holt as the lone frontman still isn''t working. Vaughan makes sense partnering him but rumours persist there''s a move away lined up. Snodgrass switched to the right where he was so successful for Leeds. I imagine Hughton will stick with Howson and Johnson in the middle.[/quote]

RP[/quote]

Sorry, my mistake. I gathered he was being played centrally again from the line up I saw prior to kick off. The question is, then, where can he work most effectively? Mixed reports about his performance on Saturday.[/quote]
He is a winger, and should be played as such. Let Howson/Hoolahan be the bridge between midfield and striker. I wince at the idea of putting Snodgrass centrally. 

I agree with You Mrs Miggins  , You are the only one I believe who has Jackson in the team and that''s the right choice for me too:

-----------------Ruddy------------------

K Smith ---- R Martin -- Ward ---- Tierney

E Bennett -- Howson -- Hoolahan -- Pilkington

------------ Holt ------Jackson ---------

[quote user="Robert Parsons"][quote user="Hasslehound"]I would like to see Bassong straight in alongside Turner, who can hopefully put the Fulham game behind him. Garrido in for Tierney. Two up front as it''s clear Holt as the lone frontman still isn''t working. Vaughan makes sense partnering him but rumours persist there''s a move away lined up. Snodgrass switched to the right where he was so successful for Leeds. I imagine Hughton will stick with Howson and Johnson in the middle.[/quote] Snodgrass cannot be "switched to the right" as that is where he played (not very well) at Fulham. RP[/quote]

Snodgrass is a left footed player so should play left wing!! Play him right side and you simply lose attacking width and crosses from the goal line as all he will do is hold the ball up and cut inside and run into trouble. I did''nt see him play much for Leeds I agree but I went to Elland Road in that pulsating league game in the Championship season and early on he was turning Rusell Martin inside out by playing left wing.

Likewise Pilkington (essentially right footed) should play right wing, failing that in attacking role just off the striker. The guy is NOT a left winger for christs sake.    

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]
Snodgrass is a left footed player so should play left wing!! Play him right side and you simply lose attacking width and crosses from the goal line as all he will do is hold the ball up and cut inside and run into trouble. I did''nt see him play much for Leeds I agree but I went to Elland Road in that pulsating league game in the Championship season and early on he was turning Rusell Martin inside out by playing left wing.

Likewise Pilkington (essentially right footed) should play right wing, failing that in attacking role just off the striker. The guy is NOT a left winger for christs sake.    

[/quote]
Firstly Pilkington is two footed, he is equally good with his right or left foot, and can play either on the left or right he is NOT ''essentially right footed''
Secondly inverted wingers WORK. If a player is an inverted winger he can move centrally where he has more options than a traditional winger, A traditional wingers options was the type of cross to use, a decent inverted winger can:
Through pass from a central position
Cross with his stronger foot
Shoot from long range
(If like Pilkington he is equally strong on either foot) go outside and cross
Dribble at the opposition in a central area (something which is FAR more difficult to defend than when someone is dribbling in the wide areas)
The full-backs provide the width. All four of our full-backs (Tierney, Garrido, R.Martin, Whittaker) are ALL adept at going forward and supporting the attack, we should use that to our advantage. 

Ruddy

E. Bennet (if fit) Martin   Turner   Tierney

Howson

Snodgrass                        Surman

Hoolahan

Holt    Jackson

Ruddy

Martin - Bassong - R.Bennett - Garrido

Pilkington - Snodgrass - Surman - Hoolahan   

Holt - Vaughan 

Think E.Bennet is already been ruled out, so have Fox, if they weren''t I''d probably would have liked to see them start.

I''mdrunky...thats a bit "light" in the middle, wheres the DM in there? you''ve at least got to switch one of the for Howson/Johnson or both. I''d say both.

Maybe Howson for Snodgrass then, Not really a fan of Johnson.Just my line up, but luckily I''m no manager =P