Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Wiz, for once I agree with you!

I usually find myself disagreeing with a lot that you post. Up until now, this has included your ''Worthy Out''-style posts - I''ve defended him rigorously. However, after tonight''s performance, I can see where you''re coming from - I really cannot defend his selections, tactics or substitutions today.

Holt and Fleming have become an embarrassment and shouldn''t be let anywhere near the pitch. Edworthy''s not much better. Why play these three when we''ve got Doherty / Charlton, Helveg and Safri available? With Francis disappearing into a comfort zone every 5 minutes, it was obvious after 60 minutes that we needed a spark from somewhere, yet Worthington still persisted with Holt and Francis in midfield. And to "gamble" by bringing The Doc on with THREE minutes to go was a joke!

I thought that the players would fight tooth and nail tonight, but we went down with a whimper - pathetic. Who''s meant to be motivating them, giving them self-belief? Even Hucks looked like he couldn''t be bothered. After tonight, I now have very serious doubts about us coming straight back up with Worthy''s management style and ability.

You can''t blame Worthington.  We were poor right through out the team today.  Players who are normally excellent (Damo, Hucks) looked uninterested and out of the game.  We would not have won the game today with the players in our squad

welcome to the club, the more the merrier. tonight we were embarassing,gutless, no belief, always looking as if we thought we were relegated already.

the tactics were bad as they nearly always with worthy, the club is going backwards we need to act to sort this out delia.

[quote]You can''t blame Worthington. We were poor right through out the team today. Players who are normally excellent (Damo, Hucks) looked uninterested and out of the game. We would not have won the game ...[/quote]

Why on earth cant we blame Worthington??

Just whose job is it to organise and motivate the team??

Irrespective of how they actually played, from the very start did that look to you like a side that had been sent out with the ambition of beating one of the better teams in the league away from home, because it didnt to me.

And as for players that are normally excellent - Damo - please, the guy is harder to spot than Lord Lucan.