Sign in to follow this  
knowhatimean

Realism and Honesty

I am afraid the main reasons we now find ourselves in the position many of the so-called experts predicted at the commencement of the season are:

a/ the quality of the playing staff - they are simply are not good enough

b/ the inability of the Management Team to coach the players into a team capable of competing in the Premiership

c/ the inability of the Manager, himself a defender in his playing days, to develop even a reasonable defence to cope with rigorous attacking qualities in the Premiership, hence our appalling goal difference.

d/ the complete naivity of a Manager in his team selections, substitutions and in the transfer market.(OK, unlucky with injuries but so are others)

Yes, Nigel Worthington did wonderful things for the club in getting promoted but unfortunately this good work has not continued in the Premiership for the above reasons. After every match, we are treated to the same old managerial rhetoric about being pleased with the players, the work rate, how we must learn from yet another abysmal performance. I know it must be most frustrating for Nigel not to have the unlimited funds available to some clubs but I believe today, Bolton''s team did not cost as much as Dean Ashton - correct me if I am wrong please. No, there is more to winning than just spending money, what we have sadly lacked, apart from the odd game this season, is the passion and will to win and the complete lack of motivation on and off the pitch. As I am typing this garbish, I am looking at my poster showing all the happy faces with banners saying ''Going Up'' and have no pleasure in having to admit the next ones will probably say ''Going Down'' Let''s hope they are not being held by people in blue and white which would be the ultimate disaster!
Sorry to be such a gloom merchant but after supporting City for all of sixty years, I have seen all this before and know that the Club will emerge and live to fight again in the top league - but don''t bank on next year!

OTBC - for ever