Sign in to follow this  
ca

Vaughan

Was so lively in pre season so why didnt he at least get to come on when we were 3-0 down ?

Presume he''s off but if he isnt we have to start with Holt orMorison and Vaughan upfront against QPR.

Whats your opinion ?

I think he is too likely to be progressive and attacking for the new manager. Seems to have played himself out of contention by scoring those pre season goals.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Was so lively in pre season so why didnt he at least get to come on when we were 3-0 down ?

Presume he''s off but if he isnt we have to start with Holt orMorison and Vaughan upfront against QPR.

Whats your opinion ?

[/quote]

He deserved to start today,i think he''s off,for some reason he doesn''t fit in with CH.

Cant see him playing much if Hughton wants to persist with a one up front policy to be honest. Big shame as another one of our match winners is will not get used because of a negitive game plan

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I would like to see us start with two up front against QPR....[/quote]

I shall be gutted if we dont start with 2 upfront.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Whats your opinion ?

[/quote]We didn''t play him as we don''t want him to get injured as we probably want to sell  him to get money towards a better striker.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Whats your opinion ?

[/quote]We didn''t play him as we don''t want him to get injured as we probably want to sell  him to get money towards a better striker.

Well after he was left out against Monchengladbach and lost his shirt number you really had to think that he was unlikely to be a big part of the plans.

He looks like he competes but does he have the quality? I have this gut feeling that Holt doesn''t particularly like playing with him as well.

I dunno, just got the feeling that Vaughan isn''t really the answer. We didn''t really miss him last season to be fair.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I would like to see us start with two up front against QPR....[/quote]

I shall be gutted if we dont start with 2 upfront.

[/quote]
I think Hughton will have noticed the (slightly) better offensive performance for the first 10 or so minutes of the second half (before Fulham scored their third) and will go for a two up front system. I also feel that Hughton will know that the next result will be looked at with great detail by Norwich supporters who will be quite upset with anything less than a win.
Sometimes painful results are needed for a team to get pushed in the right direction, I''m hoping that''s what today''s game will be.

Obviously today''s result was gutting, but I''m not going to start moaning about Hughton. However if we don''t start with two upfront next week, we''re going to have to win and play well otherwise I may start having a few doubts.

when we went two up front we were no better - we went further down and still had no real efforts on target other than johnsons near the end.

The issue was not the formation - but the performance. We did go back to 4-5-1 when wes came on - suggesting that 442 was no better.

We did need some pace and vaughan would have given that - and he should have come on at half time.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]when we went two up front we were no better - we went further down and still had no real efforts on target other than johnsons near the end. The issue was not the formation - but the performance. We did go back to 4-5-1 when wes came on - suggesting that 442 was no better. We did need some pace and vaughan would have given that - and he should have come on at half time.[/quote]

Hmm, would have preferred to have seen Vaughan playing alongside Holt or Morison in the 4-4-2 rather than the latter two paired.  But what do I know...

We need a new striker maybe two , Holt should not start untill he''s in shape and no he''s not big boned he''s fat.

[quote user="Ncfc"]We need a new striker maybe two , Holt should not start untill he''s in shape and no he''s not big boned he''s fat.
[/quote]

Blimey you''re brave , put your tin hat on [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Blimey you''re brave , put your tin hat on [:)]

[/quote]

maybe you could lend him yours angel ? [:D]

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="cityangel"]

Whats your opinion ?

[/quote]

We didn''t play him as we don''t want him to get injured as we probably want to sell  him to get money towards a better striker.

[/quote]

Very possibly, trouble is he gets injured in a strong breeze......

A Huddersfield supporting friend of mine has messaged me tonight saying that Vaughan is joining them on loan very soon. Apparently the actor Chris Fountain, who is a Town fan and also very good friends with another NCFC player, tweeted the news earlier today.

But then again it could be bulldung.

[quote user="claud"]A Huddersfield supporting friend of mine has messaged me tonight saying that Vaughan is joining them on loan very soon. Apparently the actor Chris Fountain, who is a Town fan and also very good friends with another NCFC player, tweeted the news earlier today. But then again it could be bulldung.[/quote]

The Mail is now reporting that as a fact. A loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Hudderfield loan deal now also being reported in the Mirror:

"HUDDERSFIELD are set to win the race to sign Norwich striker James Vaughan on a season-long loan, writes Alan Nixon.

The former Everton hit-man was also wanted by Birmingham and Derby but Town are prepared to pay the bulk of his salary.

Vaughan was keen on hometown club Birmingham, but they could not raise the funds."

There is so much speculation it seems he must be off it is just a question of where. If he goes to Huddersfield then it paves the way for Rhodes to go but Blackburn seem the most interested and there seem sto be no real link to us being interested

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]During the warm-ups at Fulham, he was wearing a pair of Grant Holt''s number 9 shorts![/quote]

Surely they''d have fallen off?!

Sorry , but that is something I cannot understand...what the f%£k is hughton doing...? Can anybody explain why we are offloading Vaughan please?

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Sorry , but that is something I cannot understand...what the f%£k is hughton doing...? Can anybody explain why we are offloading Vaughan please?[/quote]
Because he''s not a very reliable player? and we''re probably getting a new striker in.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Sorry , but that is something I cannot understand...what the f%£k is hughton doing...? Can anybody explain why we are offloading Vaughan please?[/quote]

Because we are in for a better striker and need to get one out to get another in?

Hmm the only reason I can understand is because of his injuries,throughout the course of the season he could be considered unreliable due to this.If we can get someone in to replace him who has similar attributes, bit more quality and less injury prone I think its a good move (thinking Hooper)If he has a good season on loan it will do him the world of good, or he could play 2 games and be out for the season.

Blimey, I would have thought that was obvious.