Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Great to see Swindon and PKC return too, as well as all our regulars and I''m sure there''s more to come. I now have a really good feeling about this season. I''m well excited!

For my selection I''m off to Denmark where they are already 5 games in to their season. FC Copenhagen have often been our friend in Rays Funds and they''ve started their season as well as ever : P5 W4 D1 L0 F13 A4. On Saturday they are at home to Brondby who haven''t started so well : P5 W1 D0 L4 F4 A8.

FC Copenhagen          v         Brondby        Home Win

If anyone is reading this thread and can''t post for any reason please do make a selection and leave it on our facebook group page where I''m sure one of us will see it and put it up on here for you. If for some reason you can''t get on to here or facebook get the selection to me Canaryeddie@aol.com and I''ll post it for you.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="swindoncanary"]First game of the season always difficult pick, except when you go for a top five team at home.
Just to be different -  Middlesbrough V Burnley  Home win.

[/quote]

Thats a brilliant pick...for next week.

Middlesboro have Barnsley away and Burnley are at home to Bolton on the opening day....

[/quote]

Well spotted young nana. Thank you. If you see this Swindon it''s fine for you to give us a replacement pick. I''ve just checked and your game is being played on Tuesday.

[quote user="Brendo"]

Good luck LeedsCanary pal!

[/quote]Erm, thanks Brendo - but I think Legend Iwan deserves the good luck wishes more than me! [:P]

I think Nottingham Forest''s new owners made a very shrewd choice when they made Sean O''Driscoll their manager. He''s signed some excellent players for them and I expect them to do well this season. Conversley, I can only see another season of struggle for  Bristol City so I think Forest will start off with a comfortable home win.Nottingham Forest v Bristol City......Home win.Good Luck Legend Iwan. [Y]

And thanks nutty, you''re a diamond geezer for keeping this going. I''ll give you a tenner at the earliest opportunity. [:)]         

Simply awesome to see this back     No brainer pick i reckon this week - Man City home win for me please         Best of luck and as always, heres hoping for both a City and PUPs win

So glad to see this back. Thanks Eddie. Hope everyone has had a great summer and welcome to any new PUPs. For my first pick of the season I''m off to N. Ireland and:

LINFIELD  -v- Coleraine     HOME WIN

Good Luck Legend Iwan and all you Lovely PUPs [:D][Y]

No dodgy German leagues to pick from this week,so a dodgy German player to help.....

ARSENAL  to beat Sunderland.

All the best[Y]

Celtic to win at Ross County in the SPL for me this week.Good luck Iwan - the early weeks of the season are always a nightmare to predict so I''m not envious - and to all PUPs.  It''s great to have this back - the only thing on the Pink''un worth bothering with.

Great to see this back, thanks for doing it again Nutty.

Starting in the SPL

Celtic to win away at Ross County

Good luck Legend Iwan, and all PUPs

Well spotted young nana. Thank you. If you see this Swindon it''s fine for you to give us a replacement pick. I''ve just checked and your game is being played on Tuesday.

Oh dear, great start, I''ll get myself a new fixture list ! How about Leicester v Peterborough home win ?

Great to see this back in business again this season.  Good luck this week Iwan, the first few weeks of the season are a tough ask (as I experienced last year) but if we all pull in the right direction hopefully we can get off to a winning start!  I''m going to stick in England this week, and I expect:Man City to beat SouthamptonGood luck Iwan, and all you Pups for the rest of the season.(Nutty I still need to transfer you £10, I''ve just moved house so it''s a bit manic at the moment!)

Hello everyone and many thanks to Nutty for keeping this thread up and running!

My first home win pick for over a year:

Arsenal to beat Sunderland

Good Luck Legend Iwan and all pickers, make it a good one.

Hi all, and thanks to NN for keeping this going, it''s great to see it back!!

Off to the SPL for me, Ross County v Celtic - AWAY win

A big thank-you to nutty for providing another season of angst-ridden decision-making...[;)][Y][:D]

A trip to Ukraine, and Dynamo Kyiv to win at Vorskla. Dynamo have won all five games so far, with a 10-2 goal record. Vorskla a 1-0-4 and 4-8 record.

Good luck to all.

Thank you everyone for your predictions. So

far I make it 23 different selections, which is superb. Also thanks to NN for

all his efforts continuing this thread and for allowing me to take the first

week.

I thought with the start of the season it

would be an ideal time to remind people, and those new to this thread, of

some of the great stories that Ray/Arrdee wrote on this messageboard.

If you’re in the office and counting down the

hours until the weekend starts, someone peering into the thread for the first time or just in need

of a laugh, I encourage you to give these a read and guarantee you will smile

by the end.

Bunny Larkin

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1531257/ShowPost.aspx

My encounters with two binners on holiday http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/1068761/ShowPost.aspx#1068761

The peculiar case of the missing body

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1531973/ShowPost.aspx

I’ll be back at 10

tonight with my final six. So anyone who hasn’t posted

their predication please get involved. It really does help.

Hi NN, hope you are making a very speedy recovery.

Havnt been on for a while but hope to complete as many of these as i can this season.

Right my first stab at it is.....MAN CITY to thump the Saints

OTBC

Good luck one and all

I''m going for a home win for Copenhagen v. Brondby.

There is a little form to go on, but slightly concerned that Nutty has picked this too!  [;)] (I will be sending my tenner to you, Nutty a.s.a.p.)

Good Luck, Legend Iwan!

Its good to be back. This week for me its

Man City to beat Southampton

Good luck everyone, especially Legend Iwan

[quote user="1eed5canary"][quote user="Brendo"]

Good luck LeedsCanary pal!

[/quote]Erm, thanks Brendo - but I think Legend Iwan deserves the good luck wishes more than me! [:P][/quote]Haha woops, meant him. [;)]

New to this, followed it last year and what better than to start my adventure with fellow PUPs here and now.

I am going for an outsider here and an Away Win for Liverpool against West Brom.

Good luck all!!

Snake

Flipping eck!!! first day back at school and I''m late,sorry.

Can I have a forest home win please.

I fancy Forest to do well this season and get off to a flyer against Bristol city tomorrow. Good luck to all this season.

It has taken me a while to go through all the suggestions and make my selection, mainly because there was so many to choose from. So thank you - it really helped.

I always had the idea if I ever got to make the weekly pick to try and really ''go for it'' but when you''re in charge, the desire to just win and add to the pot takes over. As such, I''ve gone for four results I think look as likely winners as can be predicted and two that, although may not be bankers, add a bit more to the total.

Manchester City v Southampton Home win

FC Copenhagen v Bronby Home win

Barcelona v Real Sociedad Home Win

Vorskia Pltava v Dynamo Kiev Away win

West Ham v Aston Villa Away win

Southend United v Accrington Stanley Home win (my pick this week)

Good Luck everyone, and thanks again for your picks.