Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs it’s great to be back for another season of Rays Funds To get us underway I’m pleased to say we have top poster, PUP, and blogger Legend Iwan in charge and making the final selections. This is the first opportunity Legend has had to pick the final six and I know he’s looking forward to it. He had a great season last time where he finished with a 70% strike rate and I believe he is the perfect PUP to pick in this first week. Readily accepting my invitation to take on the first week showed great bravery from Legend and he deserves our very best efforts to find him great selections to choose from.  Don’t forget for your selection to be considered it must be a game from this weekend’s fixtures and be listed on the Bet365 web site.

We still have to sort our presentation from last season. I’ve been in contact with Ricky Martin and will try and arrange something for September when hopefully I will be more mobile. I am thinking maybe a few of us could go to Colney to do it.

Thanks to everyone who helps me keep this going and to those who have donated a tenner already. Keep those donations coming. We will need more tenners to see us through this season.

Don’t forget Kathy’s kind offer from INCSC allowing us to BOGOF in the Canary Challenge. This is a fun competition that lasts the whole season and costs just three quid to enter. So for just three quid you could win yourself £250 and if your free PUPs entry was to win then the Academy would be £250 better off. Kathy publishes a separate PUPs league for our free entries and I will post it on these threads. Details and the entry form can be found here.

http://www.ncisa.co.uk/canary_challenge-37.php

If you do take advantage of your free PUPs entry don’t forget it must be under your messageboard name. Mine will be PUP nutty! Please take this opportunity and let’s see how many of us can do better than PUP Tilly!

So now Ill hand the thread over to Legend Iwan. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Francis ... the free bet is yours.......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1655 for the Academy,so far.

I nearly always blow the first week''s pick, so I''m playing safe with the champions against the newly promotes Saints

MAN City v Southampton HOME WIN

Good luck everyone, and how about a PUPs team for the INCSC quiz night at the Murderers on Friday 24th August ? Teams of 4, £10 a team, general knowledge. Just let Kathy know if you want to enter.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I nearly always blow the first week''s pick, so I''m playing safe with the champions against the newly promotes Saints

MAN City v Southampton HOME WIN

Good luck everyone, and how about a PUPs team for the INCSC quiz night at the Murderers on Friday 24th August ? Teams of 4, £10 a team, general knowledge. Just let Kathy know if you want to enter.

[/quote]

I did suggest this on the other thread. It would be great to have one and I hope somebody can sort it but unfortunately I can''t because I shall still be on house arrest.

And we begin again. Big thanks Nutty for doing this again, a tenner will be forthcoming when I see you next.

La Liga to start with for me and a predictable

Barcelona v Real Sociedad - Home Win

Best of luck all, especially Legend Iwan, always tricky at the very start of the season.

Well how lovely to have this opportunity back again, and thank you Nutty Nigel for making this possible.

I would pick Manchester City but let''s face it, what''s the point? Every other bugger''s picked them already and I don''t want to follow the herd, or the flock (whatever the collective noun) so let''s pick something else:

GLASGOW RANGERS to win their comeback game against East Stirling who are generally and always dreadful.

Many thanks you lovely old beggars, you.

First round of the German cup, and there are loads of opportunities. To make things interesting there are two pots, one pot has amateur teams, the other having professional teams. The amateur teams always being at home. An interesting concept!From this, I will go with Oberneuland v Borussia Dortmumd. (Away Win)Oberneuland were relegated into what I think is the equivalent of the Blue Square North last year. Borussia won the League and Cup double.Given it is just before the league season, the big teams will usually play a full strength team. Indeed last year Dortmund played their full team in the first round, so no real worries about Dortmund playing their reserves.Best of luck Legend Iwan. There look to be a lot of good matches out there this week!

Good Luck Legend Iwan - hopefully you''ll become a Pup Legend this week too!This season I''m going to all for value and shocks. All naps will be considered picks though, I won''t just throw a stupid one at you - all my naps will be legimate for you guys (and girls) to think about! Not going for glory in the Pups league!This week I''m napping WEST BROMWICH ALBION v Liverpool - HOME WINMy reasoning being that Steve Clarke, who should know alot of the Liverpool players inside out, will have WBA spoiling the start to Liverpools campaign - I''m not convinced that Brendan Rodgers is the man for them, or they will be able to play his style of football.Tasty odds of 3/1, but what do I know? The bookies rarely get it wrong! Maybe I''ll end up regretting it!Fortune favours the brave,LeedscanaryPS - great to see the thread back, thanks in advance to Nutty for all the effort that you put in, best way to remember our lovely old boy Ray.And thanks to our original sponsor Billy - wherever you are, you had the balls and the vision!

Oh dear. I''ve got the Day One Dithers. If you read Nutty''s very good thread about not taking too much notice of the first Saturdays results, you''ll see a lot of very strange things can happen on the first day of the season. Every match I look at has the potential of a banana skin. But it''s got to be done so here goes. Celtic to win at Ross County for me please.

Thanks Nutty for mentioning the PUPs Canary Challenge league. Each and everyone of you is welcome to a free entry in our competition if you enter on your own behalf as well. Its very remiss of me but I''m not sure if I ever told the world that last season PUP Graham swept aside all comers to win the PUPs league. Now I cant for the life of me remember who finished bottom *scratches head* [:)]

So lets get as many of you in on the PUPs league as possible. To entry go to www.incsc.co.uk . Good luck to you all and also to first picker Legend Iwan. OTBC Kathy

A very good evening to you Nutty,good luck to you Legend Iwan and in fact to all you PUPs out there no matter where you are.

Off to Jockland for me and a HOME WIN for RANGERS v East Stirling.

Right, i''m going to start off the season with an Ipswich loss :) Blackburn still have a decent squad, and Ipswich don''t, and Ipswich are just generally rubbish, whereas Blackburn are only mildly rubbish.

Ipswich vs Blackburn- Away Win.

Good luck :)

I''ll go for a Chelsea away win at Wigan.

I think Chelsea could do well this year, especially if Torres gets a run of form. I also think Wigan will struggle as usual.

Wow - this looks a tough week. Can''t see any stand-outs in the English leagues other than City. I''ll have to go with Barcelona to get off to a winning start against Sociedad on Sunday.Best of luck.

With Man City almost certain to make the final 6 - If Iwan picks it on popularity then with odds of 2/11 there needs to be some value picks in there too!

I''m liking the look of Swindon Town to beat Hartlepool @ 11/8 but its already taken so i''ve decided to go for Stevenage to beat Carlisle.

Both of these teams will be looking for a play off spot this season after Stevenage finished 6th and Carlisle finished 8th last season and I think stevenage will get off to a good start in front of their home fans!! Also odds of 11/10 would really boost the odds of the overall 6 picks.

Good luck IWANNNN!!

Wins for QPR at home vs. Swansea, and Cardiff at home vs. newly promoted Huddersfield look promising, but for my nap Nutty, I''d like to go with Man City to beat Southampton please. Boring I know, but it really looks nailed on, and the fixtures look awfully hard this week!

Good luck LeedsCanary pal!

I''m going to go with Leicester to beat Peterborough at home.

Best of luck.

[quote user="Gareth"]Seems like fun.  I''ll go for:

Home Win: Crewe too beat Notts County (League 1)

[/quote]

Welcome Gareth I''m well pleased you''re picking. It''s great to see new posters picking it can only be good for the thread to have different selections and selection ideas. I hope you do find it fun and I hope you get the bug and come back every week. It is exciting, especially during the weekend when you realise City fans from all over the world are united waiting to hear if a selection is succesful. My buddy Ray saw this and had this vision. He also knew we had to have new posters join all the time to keep the threads alive.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]First game of the season always difficult pick, except when you go for a top five team at home.
Just to be different -  Middlesbrough V Burnley  Home win.

[/quote]

Thats a brilliant pick...for next week.

Middlesboro have Barnsley away and Burnley are at home to Bolton on the opening day....