Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

LAWRO'S got us losing again...

Both sides got stuffed. Both sides put in abject performances. Whatever Lawro predicted this week neither side could have any complaints whatsoever. It''s up to the players to respond by being positive and brave. By that I don''t mean running around and clattering people. I mean getting it down and passing it out from the back. In a pressure game.

If you take your blinkers off for a minute, would anyone disagree with what he says about Norwich City?

Norwich v QPR

Continue reading the main storyBoth of these sides took a

five-goal hammering on the opening day, and both of them have moved to

strengthen at the back since then, with Norwich bringing in Sebastian

Bassong and QPR in talks with Michael Dawson and Ricardo Carvalho.

Looking at their respective squads, I think QPR will be

fine even if that home defeat by Swansea was a huge shock, but Norwich

are in for a tough season.

This is Norwich''s first home game of the season and the

Carrow Road crowd was a big weapon for them last season when they

battered a lot of teams there.

Decent home form is the bare minimum they need this

season if they are going to stay up again but I actually see QPR nicking

the points here.

Canaries fans might start to get worried if that does

happen. I get the feeling many of them are already quite apprehensive

about the new campaign and how much of a struggle it might turn out to

be.

Prediction: 1-2

I can''t disagree with what he says, and I think the match could go either way. But on paper, I guess QPR probably do have a stronger squad than us

AJ...I don''t disagree with you...they''ve got a sponsor behind them who can get them all the sweeties he wants... We need to show the togetherness and the spirit we did last season...that was missing last week though...

Mark Lawrenson is simply the worst pundit working today. He''s a negative, unfunny, miserable toad who makes Gary Linekar look like a real comedian. Therefore I have always ignored what he says, especially as his weekly predictions are usually pretty poor. We have a decent recent history against QPR, plus they looked a shambles versus Swansea. Granted so did we against Fulham, but Craven Cottage is a bogey ground for us to rival Selhurst Park, and we''re bedding in a new manager. QPR on the other hand looked shocking, on their own ground against a team also bedding a new manager in his first game in this country. I honestly, and objectively think we will beat them tomorrow. 

Seriously, does it actually matter what that dug-up old carcass thinks ~might~ happen?

I don''t care. I''m interested in results, not predictions.

I agree with Jonzey about Lawrenson and I don''t like him either but can you seriously disagree with the points he makes? We can get blinkered in our love of our team, and it is painful to read an objective analysis but if you step back then on paper they have to have a good chance against us. It''s going to be tense but I do, however, think we''ll nick it.

"makes Gary Linekar look like a real comedian "

that''s because he is reading from an autocue, something that is often updated live rather than have jug ears simply reading out a pre written (and rehearsed) script

unfortunately the others aren''t afforded such luxuries as that so that is why you will always see Hansen having to glance down at his notes every other sentence - question is did he write them, or has he used a scriptwriter as many other TV ''personalities'' do ?

Im pretty sure jug ears reads from an autocue as well city1st. I can remember last season (can''t remember the game) when something went wrong and he just sat there staring at the screen silent. I don''t think he would have done that if it was rehearsed.

Jug ears reads from an autocue, and will usually read over the script a few times to try and get the intonation and feel for whats coming up

unlike the bimbo who once read out -

"The time in now coming up to 12 O''Clock Greenwich ....... meantime here is the news

That''s doesn''t mean he has learnt it off by heart or can spout it out as he will not know what will happen next or how long the delay is. You would think most people would grasp what is going on by the way he stares intently at the screen

Previously with Anne Robinson they would edit the show so that the scriptwriters could come up with a ''witty'' retort and she would spout it out, the show being suitably edited to remove the few minutes gap, likewise any inappropriate remarks or facial expressions from the contestants.