Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

MUST WIN

We have coming up fast;

Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle.

Surely Qprs & Wet Spam are must win games. A repeat of the performance levels which were shown against Fulham would be disastrous. We have to score goals, it''s all very well this message board going on about a defensive midfielder, not many dm''s are prolific in front of goal and we haven''t scored a goal for what seems like a very long time.

RANT

MUST is too early although to lose would be a major set back. We have new players coming in who will need time to settle and the best may be in the second half of the season, i only hope we are not too far behind the others then

Christ, I hadn''t actually noticed that run of games (and that isn''t actually sarcasm)

If we lose tomorrow, I can see us having about one to three points after eight games!

We are having fun with the transfer window and like kids in a sweet shop all starry eyed at some of the names. I hope our players are focused tomorrow and not getting caught up in the moment.

To be fair with all the comings and goings Spurs, arsenal and Liverpool are not at their best at the moment, it may even be a good time to play them. Its not automatic thatwe will lose all those although i accept on paper you would not bet against it. it just underlines how hard the league is this year will other sides thought to be in the mix such as swansea, west ham , WBA and Fulham already having 3 points uner their belts

Well, we are all worried... and f%£¨king pundits just look at the names QPRse have got. I am very very nervous already, after the way our fullbacks were second best against Borussia Mönchengladbach. QPR have got great wingers now...and remember Hoilett last season :-/

No it''s not a "must win".  A draw would stop the rot, a fighting 0-1 loss would not be a disaster with 36 games to go.  Lot of new, better, players coming in and it takes time to bed them in.  As for the scary run, Liverpool are cack at the minute and we drew against them last season, we beat Newcastle and we beat Spurs.So what''s the panic about?

Only you used the P word Kelly,

I''m a realist not a dreamer, that includes considering what we have done in the last season, comparing with sat against Fulham and then giving thought to tomorrow and onwards.

We have got to up our game to the level we were at last season, if we play again as we did against Fulham then just adding a couple of new faces ain''t gonna keep us up.

Whenever I''ve watched City play Qpr''se it hasn''t been pretty but we had enough fight and tactics to win. I''m hoping for the same tomorrow.

We had this last season. Must win. Must win. Must win.

Surely if anything was proved last season it was that every game is just as important as the next.  Yes, of course its good to beat those near you in the table, but points are valuable wherever they come from and yes,  a win would be great for morale and kick start our season,  but a  must win?

No.

I have a feeling we will play better tomorrow, the players and manager won''t want another performance like last Saturday. But I can''t say who I think will win because QPR will be wanting to get a good result after what happened to them last week as well. If we lose then I don''t think I''ll bother posting here again, it will just be a nightmare lol.

I agree with Yorkshire Canary and Kellybrook''s thoughts on this, we have new players coming in and will take time for them to gel.I fully expect a really decent striker to be signed before Aug 31 too.So...no I don''t see this as a must win..... but we will win this one anyway.3-1 City.Keep the faith, it''s going to be a great season!

That is a very.tough group of games and the term must wins will be highlighted. West ham qpr Fulham were games that will have targeted. Yes those big teams may not be set, but with4 games being 10% of the season, we could be a fifth of the way through season without pushing close to 10 points.

These signings help and no doubt pressure is on our players in the team for qpr, they should thrive on it... Top athletes and professionals do. In fact winners do, so we will see what type of players we have. The cohesion will come results will come, but with that run we will need to compete in those games against those top teams, these signings and a new striker will do this.

Sorry will make us much more capable of being able to do it, our team needed these signings. But there are must wins, and this is close to it. There are other teams I would label this on.

Last season picking up 6 points against qpr was well above expectations... Can we do that this year, I expect it to be unlikely, but I do think we can beat them at home. With new defensive players in we can have that platform to hopefully show some cohesion forward. Because we have done neither in the fist game, the borrusia and Ajax game.

It is now time for the players to prove their premiership worth.

This is a very important game for us when you look at the fixtures that are coming up and it is vital that we get something out of it. It is hard to work out what the result will be though after last weekend.

We lost 5-0 away to Fulham and QPR got the same, only at home to Swansea who I rate as a smaller side than Fulham. So what will be the outcome of today? If QPR can lose 5-0 at home does it mean they can lose 10-0 away? We didn''t score any last week though so I can only the result turning out as 5-0, 5-5, 0-0 but hopefully a 2-1 home win