Sign in to follow this  
Le Bob

Pre game announcement - it's not the family end!!

Not to stop you old boys reminiscing, but the OP is being unfair to the announcer...not that I like the OTBC call by the way, I''m pretty sure he says:"The Barclay, The Jarrold Stand, The N&P, The Family Area, The City Stand and of course the Snakepit"

You can''t be too surprised about our song being done that way, City1st. The other clubs'' anthems you mention are all widely available as recordings and can be done singalongs, which is how new generations can learn them as originally sung. All our youngsters have to go by is the then current form of an exclusively oral tradition, which by its nature will develop and mutate. We''ve got ''folk'' where other clubs have ''classical''.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Not to stop you old boys reminiscing, but the OP is being unfair to the announcer...not that I like the OTBC call by the way, I''m pretty sure he says:"The Barclay, The Jarrold Stand, The N&P, The Family Area, The City Stand and of course the Snakepit"[/quote]

I thought it was: the jarrold stand, the family area, the city stand, the Barclay and of course, the snakepit...

But yes, all a load of nonsense, bring back the proper song. I still remember hearing OTBC back at primary school when our P.E teacher gave us a rendition of the complete song one lesson time. Fell in love with it (and him slightly for knowing it all by heart) from then on. Happy days.

I thought the snakepit was named after Chase compared the supporters in there to a nest of snakes or something similar? I stand to be corrected though.