Sign in to follow this  
Viva Marc Libbra

Vaughan Having Medical At Huddersfield

[quote user="Jacko"]I would even argue Broadstairs that their isn''t masses of difference between Chris Martin and James Vaughan based on actual performance. Both have been placed in exactly the same environment (i.e. on loan at Crystal Palace) and both have returned very similar results. Vaughan with 30 appearances and 9 goals. Martin with 26 appearances and 7 goals. Having potential is one thing but you do need to start proving yourself after a while.[/quote]

Fair enough again, but the dot and comma of every statistic doesn''t necessarily prove the point. I shouldn''t imagine that most of us budgies would hardly prefer C. Martin up front to a fully fit Vaughan for games this season.

''Fully fit'' being the operative phrase.

Jackson for me is a far better player then Vaughan. I really do not understand where all this expectency for Vaughan to produce this season has come from. He''s never done anything in the Norwich shirt to impress me. Granted these times have been limited but cleary if you remove his effort and desire he''s a very average footballer. Huddersfield is probally about his level. I believe Jackson will come good if given decent game time.  Remember Arsenal away last year, he looked very very good.

But Jackson has been so lightly used in the pre-season build up - if he was seen as a starting player you would have expected to have seen him have much more match time, wouldn''t you?

"The fact that both these are only loans suggests that they may well be seen in the yellow again"

I think Ayala is more of a ''development'' loan where Vaughan is a loan with a permanent move being the intention.

Anyone who thought we would be sitting still regards changing the squad was exceedingly niave, there is still another seven days to go. Expect more coming and goings yet.

[quote user="shefcanary"]But Jackson has been so lightly used in the pre-season build up - if he was seen as a starting player you would have expected to have seen him have much more match time, wouldn''t you?[/quote]

I''m not sure but has Jackson spent some time away with canada? I''m not suggesting Hughton will go with Jackson, I''m pretty certain he''s got another stiker lined up, However Im certain given a decent run Jackson will do very well for us. He works very well with Holt too, his movement and pace often allows more time and space for Holt. Vaughan, for me, almost tried to hard and didnt work well with other forward players. Too much like a bull in a china shop so to speak. Jackson has far more guile and composure, which along with his talent helps Holty out alot.