Sign in to follow this  
Keyserzoze

Alex Tettey

You have no secret sauce it has been reported in Norway: http://tronderfotball.no/2012/08/tettey-naermer-seg-premier-league/?utm_campaign=Tettey%20n%C3%A6rmer%20seg%20Premier%20League&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

It says:

Alexander Tettey nearing a move to the English Premier League club Norwich. He is in place in England, and there are indications that he is signing for the club in the near future.

We have been in Norwich today and checked the conditions. It''s not signed any contract, but it can happen, says Tettey advisor Kvarme to adressa.no

Tettey has struggled playing in Rennes, and wishes for a new club. He makes it clear that he wants to go to a club where he can play a lot. He goes to Norwich, he is the third man in the North Premier League, along with Riise and Hangeland.

This forum is rubbish for posting grrrrr!

This one???http://www.stade-rennais-online.com/Alexander-Tettey,1088.html

[quote user="Yellows"]Probably not true but he is a good player.[/quote]

I heard from a club contact that a medical has either just taken place or is about to with regards to signing a ''Non'' British player, don''t know much other than it''s not a striker, which disappoints me but we still have a week left of the window so that one may still get sorted,, hopefully with none of our 4 main strikers departing as a make-weight in any deal, we need good strength in depth.

[quote user="sjs7"][quote user="Yellows"]Probably not true but he is a good player.[/quote]

I heard from a club contact that a medical has either just taken place or is about to with regards to signing a ''Non'' British player, don''t know much other than it''s not a striker, which disappoints me but we still have a week left of the window so that one may still get sorted,, hopefully with none of our 4 main strikers departing as a make-weight in any deal, we need good strength in depth.[/quote]

I did see you posted this earlier.....I did wonder! Have you heard anything about Emnes? The guy who posted about that has been correct (sorta) in the past....Hmmm

Defensive midfielder, so a position people have been after; doubt he''d be expensive though surely no one knows a lot about him other than what wiki says, so we''d not be abe to comment until we''ve seen him play. If he signs, that is.

I''m all for looking on the continent for players - it is perhaps a bit more of a gamble but prices are far lower, some of the fees being paid for english players are astonishing, Rodriguez £7m, Fletcher £12m, Jarvis £11m and so on seem well excessive.

According to L''Equipe today he does want to leave Rennes (he doesn''t seem to be getting a look-in there this season) and has had offers, but from Turkey. No mention of Norwich or any PL club.

[quote user="Midlandcanary"]

[quote user="sjs7"][quote user="Yellows"]Probably not true but he is a good player.[/quote]

I heard from a club contact that a medical has either just taken place or is about to with regards to signing a ''Non'' British player, don''t know much other than it''s not a striker, which disappoints me but we still have a week left of the window so that one may still get sorted,, hopefully with none of our 4 main strikers departing as a make-weight in any deal, we need good strength in depth.[/quote]

I did see you posted this earlier.....I did wonder! Have you heard anything about Emnes? The guy who posted about that has been correct (sorta) in the past....Hmmm

[/quote]

Unfortunately i haven''t had a name to go with the information i received, and don''t really want to push my contact as they are in a position of trust and wouldn''t want to jeopardise their job so i''m happy to survive on tit-bits, someones coming in, just don''t know who yet..

I just hope its not some 2nd rate back up keeper, rather it be another top class defender or midfielder to add to what we''ve already got.

As for Emnes rumour it could be plausable, don''t know much about him mind so not sure if it were him he would be much better than what we''ve got ??

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]According to L''Equipe today he does want to leave Rennes (he doesn''t seem to be getting a look-in there this season) and has had offers, but from Turkey. No mention of Norwich or any PL club.[/quote]

Perhaps got confused with the Canaries at Fenerbahce - I would blame the Raki!!!

This is being reported in quite a few places so I think its authentic. Looks like we are looking at quite a few players this week!

sounds very good!

"
It takes one hell of a player to replace Roar Strand for Rosenborg BK and lets face it Alexander Tettey is one hell of a player! Tettey is an relatively unknown name to the common football fan, however he is probably Norway''s biggest talent since Tore Andre Flo! Tettey is very much a player in the mould of Micheal Essien, Tettey like Essien is a player without any glaring weaknesses, however I''m not saying he''s perfect, far from but he certainly posseses the ability, he has a fantastic work-rate, and like pretty much every other Ghanian, great power and pace. Will he make it at the top level? I definitely think so like I said he has all the key attributes and has already been linked with Racing Santander and Greek giants Olympiakos, personally I''d love to see him at Everton but you also have to ask yourself where would he fit in? And can Everton fork out their £4,000,000 asking price, which could rise in the summer depending on his form in the Tippelagen this season.

Explanations:

Attack and Defence: Very very good in both areas he is good at finding pockets of space up field and attacks like a striker he positions himself well upfield however at the same time he is good defensively, although I''d say he''s slightly better attacking-wise.

Balance: Like pretty much every other Ghanian, Tettey is insanely strong he stands strong in many physical challenges and it is a part of what makes hims such a fanatastic player, again it is an area in which he is similar to Micheal Essien.

Stamina: A great engine, Tettey can run and run until the cows come home, his stamina is one of the best in the Norwegian League I was very close to putting his stamina into an orange value, but he can sometimes look tired, again his consistency stat should help.

Response: Tettey is actually very good at reading the game, which is quite rare for someone his age. He is usually he first one to every ball and has ''sharp as a tack'' reactions,it is an area I believe he is ''Premiership quality'' in.

Shooting: His shooting stats may look low for someone with a fairly okay scoring record , however he doesn''t usually score his goals through placement he''ll usually get an easy tap-in due to his decent positioning or unleash a screamer, combined with the *Middle shooting star he should be accurate enough.

Header: If you know Tettey, your probably asking yourself “ Why does he have such a low header value?, he''s scored a few.” but then again so have the likes of Carlos Tevez and Marek Hamsik, but you wouldn''t give them an overly high value for header as they all miss their fair share too."

[quote user="Hog"]

sounds very good!

"
It takes one hell of a player to replace Roar Strand for Rosenborg BK and lets face it Alexander Tettey is one hell of a player! Tettey is an relatively unknown name to the common football fan, however he is probably Norway''s biggest talent since Tore Andre Flo! Tettey is very much a player in the mould of Micheal Essien, Tettey like Essien is a player without any glaring weaknesses, however I''m not saying he''s perfect, far from but he certainly posseses the ability, he has a fantastic work-rate, and like pretty much every other Ghanian, great power and pace. Will he make it at the top level? I definitely think so like I said he has all the key attributes and has already been linked with Racing Santander and Greek giants Olympiakos, personally I''d love to see him at Everton but you also have to ask yourself where would he fit in? And can Everton fork out their £4,000,000 asking price, which could rise in the summer depending on his form in the Tippelagen this season.

Explanations:

Attack and Defence: Very very good in both areas he is good at finding pockets of space up field and attacks like a striker he positions himself well upfield however at the same time he is good defensively, although I''d say he''s slightly better attacking-wise.

Balance: Like pretty much every other Ghanian, Tettey is insanely strong he stands strong in many physical challenges and it is a part of what makes hims such a fanatastic player, again it is an area in which he is similar to Micheal Essien.

Stamina: A great engine, Tettey can run and run until the cows come home, his stamina is one of the best in the Norwegian League I was very close to putting his stamina into an orange value, but he can sometimes look tired, again his consistency stat should help.

Response: Tettey is actually very good at reading the game, which is quite rare for someone his age. He is usually he first one to every ball and has ''sharp as a tack'' reactions,it is an area I believe he is ''Premiership quality'' in.

Shooting: His shooting stats may look low for someone with a fairly okay scoring record , however he doesn''t usually score his goals through placement he''ll usually get an easy tap-in due to his decent positioning or unleash a screamer, combined with the *Middle shooting star he should be accurate enough.

Header: If you know Tettey, your probably asking yourself “ Why does he have such a low header value?, he''s scored a few.” but then again so have the likes of Carlos Tevez and Marek Hamsik, but you wouldn''t give them an overly high value for header as they all miss their fair share too."

[/quote]

From that he seems a footballing paragon! His stats at Rennes might indicate a bit of hyperbole. He started 20 games in 09/10 (his first), 15 in 10/11 and only 7 last season. So fewer each season. This season he hasn''t played in either of their two games, both of which they''ve lost.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]These tea related gags not doing anything for you? I best leaf it[/quote]

Do you think we will bag him then Jez ? Mind you i bet he will cost a packet.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]....his name is Tettey, not Tetley, so tea gags don''t really work![/quote]

Close enough:)

Looks like he''s about the walk away from Rennes

do we have a song for that ?

I''m glad to see these tea gags are starting to flow.

I thought it had all gone to pot

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I''m glad to see these tea gags are starting to flow.

I thought it had all gone to pot[/quote]It must''ve been a strain thinking of those.

He was spotted today at Reggie'' s Tea Stall, Norwich Market. Short chap, looks a bit northern with a flat cap.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I''m glad to see these tea gags are starting to flow.

I thought it had all gone to pot[/quote]It must''ve been a strain thinking of those.[/quote]

It was nothing really, I''m not sure we''d want to sign him, he sounds a bit like an ass(am)

Now that was a strain