Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

LUCAS BIGLIA!!!!! MIGHT SIGN

If this comes off my recent darkness of the last 2 weeks will fade and my bright outlook will once again return.

It could be a shame we gave the no'' 5 shirt to Bassong if this comes off.

fingers crossed.

YellowRoadyou''ve got the wrong idea. We already have the goal scoring midfielders, the attacking midfielders.

And our three Leeds players are nothing alike... Especially Snodgrass, he''s a completley different player to the other two.

Yep, he needs to sort his personal terms so untill that is done we cant be sure he is coming. But in essence, Anderlecht have agreed for the lad to leave...and they have accepted our offer....they may well have also accepted other similar offers that have not been reported as yet.....so i would imagine Hoooooten is sweettalking the hell out of him right now, selling the club and Hooootens plans for the season, in order to get him to norfolk before anyone else comes sniffing (west ham, qpr)

[quote user="Indy"]

Brucie, I was at a charity golf day just after the Lambert / City parting, where a number of ex players were talking while on their walk about slicong the balls here there and everywhere.

One or two bit part conversation referred to supposed converstaions between MacNallyand Lambert post Liverpool at home where Lambert was supposed to have told the club that his job was complete and he wanted a fresh challenge. MacNally told Lambert to hold back any announcement and then things rolled out over the rest of May.

But it would make sence as I said, his speach after the Villa game was all about thank you''s and it was a good bye spaech, not once did he refer to next season!

So there you go, recently City1st commented tha Lambert might have been shown the door, I believe to a certain extent he might have been.

Right after all the explaining it''s still all about rumours / heresay but from people who would know.

Back to Bigalia, with Bethnal on this one, would be a statement signing, one to put us up there with all the clubs in our mini league!

[/quote]

Thanks Indy - appreciated.... and interesting! At the time most assumed Lambert wanted financial backing that wasnt there - recent activity/rumours suggests that this wasnt the case....

there''s no way that he will be able to play against QPR if he signs...
he has to get a work permit which shouldn''t be a problem because he''s an international but it will take a few days.

[quote user="fried_chicken"]there''s no way that he will be able to play against QPR if he signs...
he has to get a work permit which shouldn''t be a problem because he''s an international but it will take a few days.[/quote]

Biglia has an Italian passport so no need for a work permit - but international clearance would probably delay things.

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

I saw him last night play for Anderlecht in the Europa League away in Cyprus v Limassol. Anderlecht lost 2 - 1, so need a victory at home to reach the group phase.

Biglia is a Howson kind of player, little, full of running, asks for the ball all the time, takes all freekicks  but but sometimes he wants to do too much and he plays in a slow tempo or maybe it was the heat in Cyprus.

He''s a good player but we already have 3 kind of players like him, our 3 Leeds midfielders.

We need a more attacking midfielder who can score goals and goes forward more often, in my opinion, but maybe I''m wrong .....

[/quote]Butterfield hopefully

This coming from Wiz is like other''s doing cartwheels!!!!!

Good signing along with Bassong, Girradoa and Rhodes today! Would that make you happier about the tranfer kitty?

I certainly stood up for you in the past Wiz so it''s nice to see your positive side.

[quote user="baldyboy"]I''m off for a lie down!! Wiz has said He is HAPPY with this? [/quote].but he hasn''t admitted being wrong about our transfer kitty. still, a positive post for once from our resident grouch. for me, if biglia does sign this could be our biggest signing since mick channon.

This morning I wake up to us signing Alex Tettey, N''Zonzi and (my top choice) Lucas Biglia  Looks like we are after a Defensive Midfielder at last YIPPEE !

I want this guy.

Now we are trying to sign crazy targets let''s get Owen & Giovanni Dos Santos in as well.

Why Owen? Hughton is clearly trying to offload an injury prone Vaughan, why get an older model that will cost 10x the amount in wages? If signed on a pay per play contract it might be good to have him hanging around the dressing room imparting knowledge on all of our young upcoming strikers, other than that, waste of time IMO.

Anyway, thats enough thread hijacking from me. C''MON Biglia, sign that dotted line!

Once and if we are doing business with Anderlecht, we ought to get one of my favourite players, Roland Juhász, a hell of a defender, with plenty of international experience and goalscoring potential.

Owen would score more goals I reckon over the course of this season that Vaughn or Jack or Martin so if it improves the team then why not ... also he''s available. Out of the 3 players I mentioned tho the least important would be Own due to his age

Definitely can''t doubt Owen''s eye for goal, just can''t se him staying fit for long enough to make a real impact. Also, I guess (again due to his fitness) that he wouldn''t be a player you could start and play for 90 mins, which then makes him an impact sub. I imagine he would cost way too much to play that role.

[quote user="Crispy"]

Owen would score more goals I reckon over the course of this season that Vaughn or Jack or Martin so if it improves the team then why not ...

[/quote]

Why not? Because he''s a striker that relied on pace, and age and a series of hamstring injuries have taken away that pace leaving him nowhere near the player he was. His goals to games ratio for the past few years can''t be taken seriously becuase most of those were playing for the best team in the country against lower league opposition in the Carling Cup. Most importantly his wage demands would be well outside of our structure.

No thanks.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Once and if we are doing business with Anderlecht, we ought to get one of my favourite players, Roland Juhász, a hell of a defender, with plenty of international experience and goalscoring potential.

[/quote]

Lol and amazing on Football Manager!

weve already signed him according which ever wingnut decided to update his wikipedia pagehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Biglia

"If signed on a pay per play contract "

urban myth I''m afraid

any player will require a regular payment otherwise why turn up for training, away games etc on the off chance that you might get a game and so be paid ?

you can skew the contract (marginally) towards appeareances but for all the cost and taking up a squad place it is not worth all the hassle

Pay as you play might as well be the casse tho as the minimum wage required isn''t much relatively, although Blackpool really jewed out over Bojan Djordic''s contract. He had to get John O''Shea to put him up because he was skint on a pay as you play deal at blackpool and not playing. In the end i think they were breaking the rules and got done for it.

[quote user="City1st"]

"If signed on a pay per play contract "

urban myth I''m afraid

any player will require a regular payment otherwise why turn up for training, away games etc on the off chance that you might get a game and so be paid ?

you can skew the contract (marginally) towards appeareances but for all the cost and taking up a squad place it is not worth all the hassle

[/quote]

I didn''t realise that! But I suppose you could pay them a normal salary (£20-30k a YEAR for example) then give them a appearence and goal bonus. Suppose he needs to pay the loan sharks somehow, how else is he going to cover his bets!