Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

LUCAS BIGLIA!!!!! MIGHT SIGN

Stunning signing if this gets pulled off! Would really help make our defensive unit a lot more solid, and he isn''t bad at threading a through ball either. That''s a real statement of intent from Hughton if it''s true!

Would be a brilliant coup if it''s true.

Got to be honest all this spendings making me a bit nervous, just not used to us splashing the cash around. (not that I''m complaining too much [:D]

Bit like watching the missus walking out the front door with the credit card in her hand and a determined look on her face.......[:o]

I think this will be happening now which is great for us some real quality but is it just me but we seem overloaded a bit with midfielders .Will we be seeing anyone leave and also we clearly have Martin and Jackson who just are not good enough for this level who thinks they will be moved on and a new striker come in seeing Jozy Altidor linked with us everywhere

It''s no help at all I know but the way I read it, coming from an Argentinian, is that he wants to play in Europe (the place) rather than the cup competitions.If he meant the competitions he would have said that. I just asked an Argentinian friend what he thought the statement meant and he agreed - the guy wants to stay here not go back there.As I said, probably no help at all...[:S]

[quote user="Canarypops"]I think this will be happening now which is great for us some real quality but is it just me but we seem overloaded a bit with midfielders .Will we be seeing anyone leave and also we clearly have Martin and Jackson who just are not good enough for this level who thinks they will be moved on and a new striker come in seeing Jozy Altidor linked with us everywhere[/quote]#

Sorry but where is Altidore linked with us? Apart from on this forum....

Given that we like to do our business quietly I suspect that the leak of this came from his camp.

Is it possible that he is having a "trawl" to generate interest to see if he can something "better?"

If Norwich sign Biglia (and that''s a very big IF still) it would be one of the greatest transfer coup in the club''s history - how many Argentinian internationals have we had before?

He is a deep-lying playmaker but he is also very good at breaking up play and would be perfect at the base of a diamond midfield. He is the kind of player everyone has been talking about when they say they want ''someone like Fox, but can tackle well''.

Biglia did state he wanted to contiune to play in Europe, and by Europe he means the Europa League or ideally Champions'' League, but he has also talked about leaving Anderlecht so much he knows he can''t stay there this season - with the transfer window almost closed he has been backed into a corner. I don''t care if he has never heard of Norwich, I don''t care if he is using us as a stepping stone, I don''t care if he won''t ''bleed yellow and green'' this is a player who is a class above anyone in our squad already. Also if it is a loan deal with a permanent deal agreed it''s even more perfect for Norwich - on the slim chance Biglia comes to the Premier League and has one of the seasons that overseas players sometimes do where he is constantly caught on the ball or doesn''t like Ryan Shawcross trying to kick his head off, then we can cut our loses at the end of the season.

There is nothing to complain or moan about here - just keep your fingers crossed and if we have very good boys and girls we''ll get him (and if the heavens are smiling on us it''ll be done by midday and he can play against QPR).

Don''t know much about the player but sounds great, just the sort of thing we need. I too fear that with the biggest names in Europe linked with him that we are a pawn, but if not then all credit to CH. With Bassong, Garrido and this guy things must start to look up again!

One does wonder whether PL had any hint of this level of financial backing................ 

I''m with City1st on PL, he was shown the exit after his post Liverpool talk with MacNally!

I bet Lambert has a small regret now, if we sign this lad along with Bassong and Garrido, looks solid, what about Rhodes to finish things off nicely?

Bet Wiz is sitting at his computer and raging because Hughton is after more ruddy foreigners [:@]....

I''m delighted with this signing if it happens. Like Bethnal says it doesnt matter if he doesnt bleed yellow and green as long as he gives the lads hand [:)]

[quote user="Indy"]

I''m with City1st on PL, he was shown the exit after his post Liverpool talk with MacNally!

[/quote]

Could you elaborate on this? O/T I know but I have no idea what you''re referring to!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Dont get me wrong, he maybe a good player but had everyone who''s saying what a brilliant coup this would be ever heard of him prior to 2 hours ago ??

[/quote]

Surprisingly some of us have an interest in football outside of England as well.

Amazingly some of us are more clued up on players and tactics outside hoofball Norfolk. Astonishing I know.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Dont get me wrong, he maybe a good player but had everyone who''s saying what a brilliant coup this would be ever heard of him prior to 2 hours ago ??

[/quote]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

There is nothing to complain or moan about here - just keep your fingers crossed and if we have very good boys and girls we''ll get him (and if the heavens are smiling on us it''ll be done by midday and he can play against QPR).

[/quote]

The SkySports news team seem to think next week at the earliest.

Would be an amazing signing, but I simply do not believe it is true.  He is a world class player, Argentine international and captain of Anderlecht who are in the CL.Why would he come to Norwich?I suspect we asked about his availablity and his agent is now using us to provoke some action from a bigger club such as Arsenal.

Indy - post Liverpool talk with McNally - what happened/ was said? I have not read anything about this?

I''ve heard of him a fair bit over the last year or so and seen when he''s been linked to Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc and even Real Madrid.. I''ve even seen him play for Anderlecht on le television, but my memory doesn''t tell me anything other than he seemed composed and quite good. I think we''ll all be smashing out the youtube videos now lol.

I''m actually BRICKING it now and hoping he comes here quickly.. I''m worried that if it''s true, someone else will steal in at the last minute and just buy him outright. I hope we have some kind of first refusal on him if we do get him and that CH works his magic on him. Let''s pray he loves yellow and green;)

If it''s a loan, I don''t think it''ll be our last signing..we must have some transfer money left

[quote user="kellybrook"]Would be an amazing signing, but I simply do not believe it is true.  He is a world class player, Argentine international and captain of Anderlecht who are in the CL.Why would he come to Norwich?I suspect we asked about his availablity and his agent is now using us to provoke some action from a bigger club such as Arsenal.[/quote]

THE DEAL HAS BEEN AGREED!!!!!

[quote user="kellybrook"]Would be an amazing signing, but I simply do not believe it is true.  He is a world class player, Argentine international and captain of Anderlecht who are in the CL.Why would he come to Norwich?I suspect we asked about his availablity and his agent is now using us to provoke some action from a bigger club such as Arsenal.[/quote]This is what I''ve been thinking since I read it (about 20mins ago lol)....BUT.. Swansea signed some quality players recently like Michu before the season even started and Ki now who is quality and played Champs League too. Ramirez could still be going to Southampton and could arguably go to much better teams. Pablo Hernandez could be going to Swansea when he''s playing for Valencia who are always top 4 in La Liga and he''s used to Champs League football. I''m sure Reading have been linked with some awesome players too.. even though I''m doubtful and a massive part of me says ''no chance!''...there''s that little part that says ''maybe, just maybe..''

WELL I WILL RESERVE PISSING MY PANTS UNTIL ITS ON CANARIES.CO.UK IF THATS OK.[quote user="super canary"][quote user="kellybrook"]Would be an amazing signing, but I simply do not believe it is true.  He is a world class player, Argentine international and captain of Anderlecht who are in the CL.Why would he come to Norwich?I suspect we asked about his availablity and his agent is now using us to provoke some action from a bigger club such as Arsenal.[/quote]

THE DEAL HAS BEEN AGREED!!!!![/quote]

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="kellybrook"]Would be an amazing signing, but I simply do not believe it is true.  He is a world class player, Argentine international and captain of Anderlecht who are in the CL.

Why would he come to Norwich?

I suspect we asked about his availablity and his agent is now using us to provoke some action from a bigger club such as Arsenal.
[/quote] THE DEAL HAS BEEN AGREED!!!!![/quote]

Even Sky Sports who have started this rumour are saying Norwich are in ''talks''.

I don''t think this is the player''s agent trying to flush out bids as the player has been trying that for himself a lot recently - but with the Sahin deal to Arsenal about to fall through getting this agreed quickly is a massive priority.

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="kellybrook"]Would be an amazing signing, but I simply do not believe it is true.  He is a world class player, Argentine international and captain of Anderlecht who are in the CL.Why would he come to Norwich?I suspect we asked about his availablity and his agent is now using us to provoke some action from a bigger club such as Arsenal.[/quote]

THE DEAL HAS BEEN AGREED!!!!![/quote]But he still needs to come here and discuss things right?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="kellybrook"]Would be an amazing signing, but I simply do not believe it is true.  He is a world class player, Argentine international and captain of Anderlecht who are in the CL.Why would he come to Norwich?I suspect we asked about his availablity and his agent is now using us to provoke some action from a bigger club such as Arsenal.[/quote] THE DEAL HAS BEEN AGREED!!!!![/quote]

Even Sky Sports who have started this rumour are saying Norwich are in ''talks''.

I don''t think this is the player''s agent trying to flush out bids as the player has been trying that for himself a lot recently - but with the Sahin deal to Arsenal about to fall through getting this agreed quickly is a massive priority.

[/quote]Hugely good point!

Please dont do this unless you genuinely know..

City have agreed a years loan with anderlecht with a view to a permanent transfer....its just personal terms being sorted now.....wait for the confirmation that he is a city player soon.

Brucie, I was at a charity golf day just after the Lambert / City parting, where a number of ex players were talking while on their walk about slicong the balls here there and everywhere.

One or two bit part conversation referred to supposed converstaions between MacNallyand Lambert post Liverpool at home where Lambert was supposed to have told the club that his job was complete and he wanted a fresh challenge. MacNally told Lambert to hold back any announcement and then things rolled out over the rest of May.

But it would make sence as I said, his speach after the Villa game was all about thank you''s and it was a good bye spaech, not once did he refer to next season!

So there you go, recently City1st commented tha Lambert might have been shown the door, I believe to a certain extent he might have been.

Right after all the explaining it''s still all about rumours / heresay but from people who would know.

Back to Bigalia, with Bethnal on this one, would be a statement signing, one to put us up there with all the clubs in our mini league!

I saw him last night play for Anderlecht in the Europa League away in Cyprus v Limassol. Anderlecht lost 2 - 1, so need a victory at home to reach the group phase.

Biglia is a Howson kind of player, little, full of running, asks for the ball all the time, takes all freekicks  but but sometimes he wants to do too much and he plays in a slow tempo or maybe it was the heat in Cyprus.

He''s a good player but we already have 3 kind of players like him, our 3 Leeds midfielders.

We need a more attacking midfielder who can score goals and goes forward more often, in my opinion, but maybe I''m wrong .....

Can you imagine this guy playing for us - we''d really be "cooking with gas" seriously too good to be true - this kind of rumor just builds & works me up & I get peeved off when it doesn''t happen.