Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

LUCAS BIGLIA!!!!! MIGHT SIGN

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Pay as you play might as well be the casse tho as the minimum wage required isn''t much relatively, although Blackpool really jewed out over Bojan Djordic''s contract. He had to get John O''Shea to put him up because he was skint on a pay as you play deal at blackpool and not playing. In the end i think they were breaking the rules and got done for it.[/quote]

Expect a knock on the door soon....

Let''s not get ahead of ourselves guys...

however would be brilliant news.

Anyhow, a little off topic I know - but what do I do on Google Chrome (at work, so have to use Chrome, which isn''t bad but doesn''t let me quote on the pinkun properly.)

Thanks in advance!

when i first saw this on SSN i thought that it was a wind up and they had got the wrong information. but i do worry about arsenal coming back in for him now that it appears they won''t be getting sahin. if he does sign for us, what a coup for little old narridge.[:-*]

Didnt read the whole topic, so sorry if someone mentioned this already, but Real Madrid has shown some interest on him earlier and this guy would be major signing for us.

Very good on ball, good tackle and defensive positioning and good all around player who can score as well if needed.

Big thumbs up, if there is any truth in this rumour. He would be Fox 2.0 if not 3.0 and I rate Fox quite high.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Sounds like a latino Thomas Helveg to me.[/quote]

Happy with that. This time round we have a manager who knows how to manage foreign players. Anyway, in the end Helveg''s performances in the last few games were one if the reasons we almost made it

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]It''s a loan  move though. Which is dissapointing.

I don''t like loan  players. Reminds me of Roeder''s era.
[/quote]

But with an option to buy at the end of the season - it just protects Norwich if the worst happens and we are relegated, and also allows the club to offset a little spending until the new, HUGE TV deal kicks in next season.

Anyone else thinking this is taking a long time for the club to actually anounce anything and could just be Sky rumours?

I mean Vaughan has come and gone in the time we have had this rumour!

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]It''s a loan  move though. Which is dissapointing.I don''t like loan  players. Reminds me of Roeder''s era.[/quote]Yeah because Naughton, Forster, Lansubry, Pacheco, Rose, Vokes and Elliott weren''t key to the club''s success in the recent years were they?

Naughton and Foster played big parts in the success of the club. The rest you mention were bit part players at most. Vokes!!!! One header into the ground at Vicarage Road that went in. Pacheco???? One good game against Scunny.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]It''s a loan  move though. Which is dissapointing.

I don''t like loan  players. Reminds me of Roeder''s era.
[/quote]

Naughton was only a loan player and performed excellently for us.   Had he not been a loanee there was the chance of him being POTS.

Yes KN returned to Spurs and earned a bigger contract;   but we had a great player for a year that would have been out of our budget and who provided quality and helped secure this second prem season.

If we have the same outcome from Biglia, we win; if we stay up and he signs its a double win,  if he fails to settle/adapt to english football we send him back and we win. if we get relegated and cant afford him we let him go and we win.

This is not like the roeder scenario with indiscriminate loans (we are only allowed 2 anyway);   its the targeted addition of quality for players who haev something to prove.  Whats not to like??? 

Nope he''s a holding midfielder, the area in most need of improvement. Last season we gave up too much possession, enthusiasm & work-rate will only negate the lack of possession, ball-retention & ability to win it back for so long.

It could just be my excitement talking, but this would be a massive, ambitious marquee signing for us, so is it possible that even if Biglia signs today, we won''t hear any official word or even definitive info from the media networks until tomorrow when he is wheeled out pre-game to be greeted by a full Carrow Road a la Huckerby? Just a thought...

[quote user="Downloads"]

Are we certain there is an option to buy?

Exciting times if so.

[/quote]No, we are not. Would still be a good loan signing, though.

"but doesn''t let me quote on the pinkun properly"

simply cut and paste, as above

quick and relevant

and doesn''t fill the thread with half a page of sh ite

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Downloads"]

Are we certain there is an option to buy?

Exciting times if so.

[/quote]No, we are not. Would still be a good loan signing, though.[/quote]

SSN are reporting that we have an option to buy.

At 26 years of age I''d imagine if he was Real Madrid/Arsenal class etc, he''d have been there a couple of years ago. Must confess I''ve never really heard of him but looking at youtube and reading reports he looks a very decent player. Very Julian Brellier if you will........

If he comes to Norwich it''s pretty much certain he''s not quite as good as some are making out, However he does appear to be a definate improvement to the squad. A player of the next level up from the current bunch.

Found this article on him from the Sabotage Times. Interesting. Enjoy!

The Anderlecht skipper might not be a terrier but his elegant passing game would go down well at The Emirates. With Arsenal linked and the player keen, here''s the lowdown...

With Manchester United desperate for a midfield lynchpin, they could do a lot worse than check out Anderlecht’s Luca Biglia…

Who is he?

Lucas Biglia is an elegant 26 year-old Argentine midfielder currently plying his trade for Anderlecht in the Jupiler League. He made his name with Independente in his early twenties before moving to Belgium in 2006. Biglia captained the Argentine U20 side, a team that also contained Lionel Messi.

How good is he?

Biglia has been a top performer for Anderlecht during his five year stay and he looks like someone who has the ability to play at a much higher level. Although he’s often appeared to lack confidence in his own ability, Biglia would have gained confidence from his recent selections for the Argentine national team.

What position does he play?

Biglia generally plays in front of the back four for Anderlecht, usually one of two defensive midfielders. He’s also been pushed up in a more advanced position and there’s no reason why he couldn’t settle there.

Who does he play like?

The Argentine midfielder has often been compared to fellow countryman and ex-Real Madrid playmaker Fernando Redondo and there’s also something of the Michael Carrick is his ability to hit a long ball.

Strengths and weaknesses?

Biglia reads the game brilliantly and is frequently in the right place to receive the ball from team-mates. His passing ability, short and long, is excellent and he’s the man to create chances from dead ball situations. On the negative side, Biglia has lacked self-confidence – but hopefully that’s changed – and he could be stronger in the tackle. He is not a tough tackling midfielder! Biglia also rarely scores.

Likelihood of a move?

Anderlecht see him as one of the major players in their squad but the Brussels club would be unlikely to keep him against his will. They’d want 8-10 million euros for him.

I find this move a little unlikely but would be very pleased if it happened. A quality player who seems tenacious, skillful and a good passer of the ball. Could be a real inspiration for this season, I hope it''s not just pure speculation.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

At 26 years of age I''d imagine if he was Real Madrid/Arsenal class etc, he''d have been there a couple of years ago. Must confess I''ve never really heard of him but looking at youtube and reading reports he looks a very decent player. Very Julian Brellier if you will........

If he comes to Norwich it''s pretty much certain he''s not quite as good as some are making out, However he does appear to be a definate improvement to the squad. A player of the next level up from the current bunch.

[/quote]wow if you can only be slightly negative about him then he must be a fantastic signing