Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

LUCAS BIGLIA!!!!! MIGHT SIGN

Few caps recently for Argentina. Would be a decent signing from the looks of things, but I''ve never seen him play so can''t get too excited/might not even happen.Would also love us to sign that Tettey guy, or N''Zonzi. All defensive minded midfielder, which is exactly what  we need![:)] Promising signs.

Sorry to start another thread but just wanted to point out that we are likely to beat arsenal Chelsea and real Madrid to this lads signature. This is a serious sign of intent. It seems it''s also the same as with garrido. We have first refusal on his 10 mill asking price

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Where on SSN does it say this?????[/quote]

Was scrolling about 10 minutes ago, as well as being announced in the bulletin.

And despite reported interest from Arsenal, according to Sky Sports, Biglia could be on the verge of a shock move to Carrow Road, with Norwich on Friday morning in talks with Anderlecht over a season-long loan move. Earlier this week, the player claimed he would be available on a permanent deal for €8million.

"I can leave for €8million in the current market. I agreed this transfer fee myself," Biglia said. "There are clubs ready to pay that amount but they are not better than Anderlecht so for now I focus on this club. I want to at least be playing in Europe."

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Arsenal-FC-target-Lucas-Biglia-in-shock-talks-over-move-to-Norwich-201208240007/Seems he''s been linked with a lot of the big guns. Maybe it''s true we''re in talks, but I''m not going to believe we''ll pull it off til he signs.

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Arsenal-FC-target-Lucas-Biglia-in-shock-talks-over-move-to-Norwich-201208240007/.
I think what he meant by the Europe part is just a european team. which we certainly are. he wants to be playing in a bigger league than he is in now, which we certainly are in. he wants first team football, which he certainly may get with us.

Positive. I said about this on twitter last tuesday and was laughed at. This is the player that will help us move on as a club. Seen him play on many occasions as my brother lsrudies in belgium. Quality player

[quote user="Across The Pond Yellow"] http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Arsenal-FC-target-Lucas-Biglia-in-shock-talks-over-move-to-Norwich-201208240007/.

I think what he meant by the Europe part is just a european team. which we certainly are. he wants to be playing in a bigger league than he is in now, which we certainly are in. he wants first team football, which he certainly may get with us.

[/quote]

I don''t think that is what he means at all.

"There are clubs ready to pay that amount but they are not better than Anderlecht so for now I focus on this club. I want to at least be playing in Europe."

He means playing at least in the Europa League but probably in the Champions League. That is not to say, as another poster suggested,  that he might not move here as a stepping stone.

I dont know much about him but seems encouraging.

if he comes and does for defensive midfield what naughton did for right back last season and helps secure another season its a win win all round, whether he stays permanently or not.

[quote user="judderman"]Seems he''s been linked with a lot of the big guns. Maybe it''s true we''re in talks, but I''m not going to believe we''ll pull it off til he signs.[/quote]Agreed. I don''t know anything about him, but he''s been linked with some of Europe''s best. If we''re able to attract players of this pedigree, fantastic... but it''s just as likely we''re being used as a bargaining tool in a bigger deal, so I won''t be getting too excited just yet.Regardless of whether this comes off, it certainly sounds like we''ve turned our attentions to recruiting players with a bit more quality, while still going for players with a point to prove.

I can see a loan move as the best all round, I can''t see why he would take Norwich over Arsenal appart from the amount of midfielders at Arsenal and other top team smight keep him on the bench, but Anderlecht are in the Champions league so why would he want to move to Norwich?

Just asking the question if he want''s to play European football!

Sorry if I''m just repeating what''s been said on the various Biglia threads, but this just appeared on SSN:

"Sky Sports sources understand Norwich are in talks to sign Argentine midfielder Lucas Biglia on loan from Anderlecht.

The 26-year-old has been linked with numerous Premier League clubs in recent seasons but looks set to join the Canaries on a season-long deal after spending six years with the Belgian club.

Biglia is a deep-lying playmaker of some repute and was linked with a move to Arsenal earlier this summer so would represent something of a coup for manager Chris Hughton.

The player himself recently indicated that European football was a priority.

"I can leave for €8million (£6.3m) in the current market. I agreed this transfer fee myself," said the Argentina international earlier this week.

"There are clubs ready to pay that amount but they are not better than Anderlecht so for now I focus on this club. I want to at least be playing in Europe.""

Too predictable, hucks responded to a tweet of mine which he said he hasn''t heard much about Biglias career. which lead to conversations with fans on twitter; 
"@liam12drew: @mcurtis131 @hucks6dh6 read all that, about to hit youtube, as you know some arsenal fan has probably made a vid named "our new signing""
found it.

It''s made it as a ''Sky Sports understands....'' story now and front page of The Pink ''Un. Unless they''re just copying each other.

It looks like there''s an awful lot in this one

I agree this seems to have real substance now, any argentine international must have an excellent pedegree. Spells the end for Johnson though uness he gets injured, i suspect the Fulham game did him no favours, honest player but seriously lacks pace

[quote user="super canary"]The loan has been agreed with anderlecht, just waiting to sort personal terms now.[/quote]What personal terms are there to sort?  If the loan has been agreed with Anderlecht then surely we have agreed with them over paying a % or all of the contract?The only thing to sort is if Biglia actually wants to come or not?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="super canary"]The loan has been agreed with anderlecht, just waiting to sort personal terms now.[/quote]What personal terms are there to sort?  If the loan has been agreed with Anderlecht then surely we have agreed with them over paying a % or all of the contract?The only thing to sort is if Biglia actually wants to come or not?[/quote]

Exactly....the lad is probably making sure this is the right move for him and his family.