Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Javier Garrido

[quote user="City1st"]

"this is a foreign loan so we can still can take another 2 from the uk"

eh ?

where on earth did you get that idea from ?

[/quote]

Its true, cross border loans are effectively short term permanent transfers and don''t count against the number of loans allowed in a squad. Think back to our relegation season when we had something like 9 loan players, Kennedy and Lupoli didn''t count towards the match day loan limit. Although im not 100% sure if this is still the case in the prem.

It used to be the case that foreign loans were not classed as loans but as transfers as the players registration is transferred from one countries FA to another''s. This was the case back when Rodent brought in all them loan signing. It may have changed since then.

[quote user="City1st"]

"this is a foreign loan so we can still can take another 2 from the uk"

eh ?

where on earth did you get that idea from ?

[/quote]

It''s true - international loans don''t count towards the 2 loans a Premier League club is limited to. It is technically impossible to loan players between different countries so these ''loans'' are actually normal transfers that have a ''return'' clause.

It happened when we had Lupoli back in the day so could play 6 ''loanees'' 1 over the limit of 5.

"It''s true - international loans don''t count towards the 2 loans a Premier League club is limited to"

the point that was made was that Garrido would not count towards the 25 player if he was on loan

that is not correct, he will count

[quote user="City1st"]

"It''s true - international loans don''t count towards the 2 loans a Premier League club is limited to"

the point that was made was that Garrido would not count towards the 25 player if he was on loan

there was no point about that, it was said there will only be one loan left available. the point which was made is that we still can have another two loans

[/quote]

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

That isn''t the point that was made - no mention of the 25 man squad has been brought up on this thread. He would of course count as one of the 25.

Could City 1st be fallible?

Don''t be silly City1st is never wrong! he can''t be patronising otherwise!

He will dig the quote up from somewher!

eh!

No mention of 25 man squad City1st, only that 2 further loans would be ok. Interesting move to wriggle out of being wrong though, very creative.

I don''t think there is a limit. The whole 25 man squad could be made up of foreign loan players as they are not classed as loans by the FA.

[quote user="nulli secundus"]No mention of 25 man squad City1st, only that 2 further loans would be ok. Interesting move to wriggle out of being wrong though, very creative.[/quote]
Exactly my thoughts lol.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="star_manic"]very pleased with this, as it looks to be a done deal. a definite increase in quality at the back, no slight on tierney intended. an allround quality player who manc fans think highly of.[:D][:)][:D][/quote]

If this comes off he won''t be the back up, he will be the starter.[/quote]....exactly what i have saidby stating the increase in quality.

There is still chat about the Celtic guy so I reckon we have enquired about both to get one of them....

Buzzing for this. I can remember him from his time at Man City pretty well and he couldn''t really defend and was fairly slow but he''s got a wand of a left foot and scored a couple of cracking freekicks against Liverpool and Wolves. Good delivery on that left foot aswell and comfortable on the ball. Will probably be the best set peicetaker at the club and I predict if he stays fit and plays 30+ games he will get a goal of two. A step up from Teirney (maby not defensivly). Should be an exciting player to watch and finally sorts out that LB problem.

So everyone is getting excited over a defender that cant defend, and isnt particularly quick, and are hoping that he''ll start over a player that its admitted is probably quicker and maybe a better defender...and all on the basis of the fact he can put in a good cross....??

Having said that I think Garrido is a better footballer than Tierney....I guess that if we are in for him Hughton must feel that he''ll give the team better shape. I trust CHs judgement more than I do most on here....

Must be injury concerns over Tierney still?I just don''t understand- he is one of our best players and one of few who looked truly comfortable early in the season to me.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Having said that I think Garrido is a better footballer than Tierney....I guess that if we are in for him Hughton must feel that he''ll give the team better shape. I trust CHs judgement more than I do most on here....[/quote]

It may not be a question of Hughton rating Garrido higher than Tierney. What Garrido (if he arrives) does is fill the one obvious hole in the squad. I believe there are other areas of the squad that could and I hope will be improved before the deadline (particularly a striker) but unless Hughton thought Lappin was up to the job (which is doubtful) then another left-back was pretty much a necessity.

That ''new Scottish fella'' (Whittaker) is injured, Lapps isn''t close to the level of Tierney or Garrido and EB would be a push as he''s predominantly right-sided. A new LB on loan makes sense I reckon. To honest Naughton would make me happiest as he''d cover both sides and is an awesome player at a great age with potential to increase in value

Yes- I agree on Naughton. I think it''s the idea of having two of the best players in the squad who wouldnt fit in the same starting 11 that i see as odd.

SPURIOUS INFO ALERT!!!

Yesterday I saw some suited gentlemen gathering outside Carrow Road, about to enter. I heard one of them say ''How''s your Italian?''

Of course they could have just been looking for some pasta from Delia''s... But you never know!

Just been reported on Radio Narrfulk, he''s having a medical, looking promising. [:D]

"Evil Monkey"]SPURIOUS INFO ALERT!!!

Yesterday I saw some suited gentlemen gathering outside Carrow Road, about to enter. I heard one of them say ''How''s your Italian

Why would Garridio be speaking Italia, when he is Spanish !