Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Javier Garrido

Joining on a season long loan from Lazio, according to this. [url]http://www.football-italia.net/23430/lazios-garrido-set-norwich[/url] Don''t know if there is any truth in this at all but we do need a LB.Anyone know anything about him?

Lets see if this comes off. We need cover or maybe a new starte so let''s see if this comes off.

Few Man City fans on Twitter:To all Norwich fans; Javier Garrido is one of the most UNDERRATED left backs I''ve ever seen, top player! Can''t wait to see Javier Garrido back in the prem, I used to love that guy!Javier Garrido. What a guy. He put more effort into warming up than Jo, Robinho and Petrov combined put in on the pitch.

Norwich getting Javier garrido will be awesome thought he was very underrated at city

I hope this article is correct, judging by their views on him sounds like a bit of a hero to the MCFC faithful!

He''s pretty good. Just our sort of LB as he loves to get forward and has a good cross.

His career has gone a bit sideways as he has been unable to dislodge the generally excellent Stefan Radu at Lazio. A shame for him.

If this happens, it would be a good, shrewd signing and excllent competition for Tierney. Whilst both he and Tierney like to get forward, they have very different styles- so it has the prospect of a bit of tactical flexibility. It also reflects well on Garrido himself, as he is moving to compete for first team football.

Be interesting if it comes off.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Few Man City fans on Twitter:

To all Norwich fans; Javier Garrido is one of the most UNDERRATED left backs I''ve ever seen, top player!

Can''t wait to see Javier Garrido back in the prem, I used to love that guy!

Javier Garrido. What a guy. He put more effort into warming up than Jo, Robinho and Petrov combined put in on the pitch.

Norwich getting Javier garrido will be awesome thought he was very underrated at city

I hope this article is correct, judging by their views on him sounds like a bit of a hero to the MCFC faithful!

[/quote]

With those quotes he sounds like he would be an excellent addition. Any other sources on this?

Just a rumour, but one I would very much like to become reality.If Naughton is not a possibility then this would go a long way to compensate.

Would be delighted with this, especially if the buy clause is true as reported.

"I am expecting a tough struggle but anyone who thinks we will be signing new players before the start of the season is living in fantasy land.We have done our business and will go with what we''ve got"

now who made that prophetic pronouncement over the weekend ?

[quote user="City1st"]

"I am expecting a tough struggle but anyone who thinks we will be signing new players before the start of the season is living in fantasy land.We have done our business and will go with what we''ve got"

now who made that prophetic pronouncement over the weekend ?

[/quote]I bet it''s not Wiz [;)]

Norwich keen on bringing Lazio left back Garrido back to the Premier LeagueBy Sportsmail ReporterPUBLISHED: 22:26, 14 August 2012 | UPDATED: 22:27, 14 August 2012Norwich are keen on former Manchester City left back Javier Garrido, 27. Witrh the arrival of Aleksandar Kolarov, Roberto Mancini deemed the Spaniard surplus to requirements in 2010, and the attack-minded defender has been plying his trade in Italy with Lazio.Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2188429/Norwich-want-Lazios-Javier-Garrido.html#ixzz23ayQcWdF

Would love this to happen bringing in any player which improves the squad is obviously fantastic, if this does come off then great especially which the option at the end of the season.

Another solid signing, very good, along with Snodders and Butterfiled very exciting player! Likes to get forward and that''s LB covered when this happens! still in the air until he signs.

Good signing, noe let''s get Rhodes and Davies to complete the set!

This would be a very good signing. Seems to have the right attitude and has shown he can do the business at this level. It would really keep Tierney on his toes and there would be one hell of a struggle for that position. I am probably being far too greedy to ask for a back four of Garrido/Tierney, Turner, Bennett and Naughton though!

[quote user="Tj"]

Just been reported on the Pinkun front page.

Great signing.

[/quote]Archant Journo rehash of last nights rumour.Nothing solid yet.

[quote user="Jacko"]This would be a very good signing. Seems to have the right attitude and has shown he can do the business at this level. It would really keep Tierney on his toes and there would be one hell of a struggle for that position. I am probably being far too greedy to ask for a back four of Garrido/Tierney, Turner, Bennett and Naughton though![/quote]

Personally, I think it will keep Tierney on his bum, on the bench. Garrido is a class above but Norwich do need to progress and Garrido would represent a real step forward in the starting 11.

[quote user="Wiz"]

In a word?

WOW!

[/quote]

Don''t get too carried away. He is a competent left-back, never sold for huge money and according to the MCFC fans - a bit slow but OK for a mid-table PL team.

I''m sorry, Indy, but why is everyone so obsessed with Curtis Davies? When did he become the answer to our prayers?

A good player and very welcome should he come here, don''t get me wrong. But don''t you think, if we were actually after him, we would have made some sort of move towards buying him by now? We don''t need to scout him or find out about his personal situation or anything- Hughton knows everything about him already. And Birmingham themselves said not that long ago (but long after the reports linking us to Davies began) that there had been absolutely no bid or interest for Davies from anybody.

Yes, Hughton said when directly questioned about reports that he was looking to bring Davies in that he ''admired'' him. As well he should, he''s a good footballer, but he never said any more than that.

Is it not conceivable that there was a gentleman''s agreement between Hughton and Birmingham that he would not come in for any of their players for, I don''t know, 6-12 months? Given Hughton''s reputation, I see this as a possibility.

Just saying.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Tj"]

Just been reported on the Pinkun front page.

Great signing.

[/quote]Archant Journo rehash of last nights rumour.Nothing solid yet.[/quote]

Damn you journo *shakes fist* :)

Will be happy if it comes off though. Looks as if CH is still in the market for players, so hopefully a Striker may be on the shopping list as well.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="Wiz"]

In a word?

WOW!

[/quote]

Don''t get too carried away. He is a competent left-back, never sold for huge money and according to the MCFC fans - a bit slow but OK for a mid-table PL team.

[/quote]

At last, a negative post.

Trust me. This guy is very good, but a bit unlucky over the last little while.

Why measure a players quality on the amount of money that has been paid for him? Of course, we all know that money GUARANTEES quality, doesn''t it?!

A bit slow? Speed isn''t everything. Judgement, vision and ball skills are far more important. Look at Drury. Never Usain Bolt, especially as he got a little older. Nonetheless, quality and a genuine class act.

(sorry JG, being a bit aggressive this morning)

I''m sorry, Indy, but why is everyone so obsessed with Curtis Davies? When did he become the answer to our prayers?

Well militant, it''s that he has pace, something all other CB appear to lack! Just gives another option and probably would be better than Ward and Turner.

I know no solid link yet and same for Rhodes but in my book would be two good signings.

Indeed, Indy. I agree.

But that doesn''t really answer my question.

Is it simply because the media reported our alleged interest as soon as Hughton arrived- making the rather dumb-arse connection between our need for a CB, Chris Hughton and Curtis Davies, rather than any genuine solid interest?

Not a bad signing if this gets pulled off. Hopefully with a view to permanent deal at the end of it which would help solve our left back problems and provide good competition down that flank.

We still need another striker in my opinion, but there''s always another loan to use