Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Captain? Still Holt, or..........

Whats people''s thoughts on the capataincy now??

I know many were calling for Hoolahan or Howson to take the role if Grant left.

But what now?

I know alot of people aren''t keen on the idea, but..... I think the man in your avatar could be a very useful captain if Hughton is going to take it away from Holt.

I think Holt will keep the captaincy but if not it''s hard saying without knowing who will be a regular starter. I''d like R.Martin maybe with Howson or Ruddy as vice.

I''m not so sure whether the label ''captain'' is that important. What is important is individuals act and perform like captains.  We have what? half o'' dozen players that have been a captain. If those individuals continue to conduct themselves in the manner in which they earnt the position. Does it matter who actually has it?  If this is the case, imo it should just be given to the most regular senior play.

I want the matter put behind everyone as soon as possible. Changing captains will only make it linger as everytime there is a reference to the new captain it will be in peoples minds that it was Holt and why it isn''t anymore.

I''d have no qualms if Grant remained captain.

If he doesn''t, Russ Martin, or maybe Ruddy. I''m not a massive fan of having a GK has captain though. But wouldn''t argue if Hughton sees fit to give it to Ruddy.

[quote user="87canary"] I''m not a massive fan of having a GK has captain though. But wouldn''t argue if Hughton sees fit to give it to Ruddy.[/quote]I agree, I''ve never been a fan. But my argument against it doesn''t stand up too well against the point of the two arguably best teams in Europe having their GK''ers as captains. One of which is the best team in the World right now.

I thought I CH refer to R.Martin as the captain in the press conference.  I had a quick listen-through again but didn''t hear it that time.

''The Captain'' does nothing more than a coin toss and wear a armband

Holt will be a leader on and off the pitch regardless of whether he is wearing the armband

Holt, no question.Ruddy or R.Martin as vice.  I think Howson needs another year at least before being considered but the new lad Butterfield is also captaincy material...... that said... so was Mark Fotheringham !

Of course Holt should remain as captain. The matter of his contract extension has been resolved. Wht kind of message would it send if he was then stripped of the captaincy?

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="87canary"] I''m not a massive fan of having a GK has captain though. But wouldn''t argue if Hughton sees fit to give it to Ruddy.[/quote]I agree, I''ve never been a fan. But my argument against it doesn''t stand up too well against the point of the two arguably best teams in Europe having their GK''ers as captains. One of which is the best team in the World right now.

[/quote]people say Keepers dont make good captainsPeter SchemeicalGigi BuffonIker Casillas Victor ValdesDino Zoffthe above might all disagree.. a goalkeeper is an organiser, vocal, commanding and brave, Lets not forget that whilst he might not be up with the play he can see everything that is going on on the pitch. This isnt the case for outfield players all the time.My opinion is that Keepers make the best captains for the above.

Of course he should remain Captain, nothing has changed as far as his qualities on the field go, he is by far the best choice currently.