Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Jason Shackell

Appears the ex-Norwich boy is quite sought after property.

Just signed for Burnley for around £1.1m, attracting interest from Leicester & Cardiff too according to BBC Football.

Have to say I was rather shocked when he left us for Wolves a few years back. Not that he''d remotely get a game at NCFC now. Still glad he''s doing well and punching around the £1m mark

He''s a left footer - always in demand as rarer than a right footer.  As long as he continues to play close to his potential there will always be a club in for him.

[quote user="Canary1902"]

Just signed for Burnley for around £1.1m, attracting interest from Leicester & Cardiff too according to BBC Football.

Have to say I was rather shocked when he left us for Wolves a few years back. Not that he''d remotely get a game at NCFC now. Still glad he''s doing well and punching around the £1m mark

[/quote]

Yet Ward did last season[:^)]

One of the best Championship defenders last season by all accounts - certainly the best performer for Derby with regular top ratings and also their captain.The Derby supporters are not at all happy, they had the makings of a good team for this season and are now selling a defensive rock for virtually peanuts. Their club must still have serious financial problems.

I heard similar things from my mates who support Derby. One of their best regarded players and I''ve seen a few kids with his name on the back of their shirts.

Where in Derbyshire are you Orford?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Canary1902"]

[/quote]

Yet Ward did last season[:^)]

[/quote]

Don''t get me wrong, I think he could still give it a good go in the Premier League. But obviously he''s remembered as a Championship player and is still playing for Championship teams at the moment. But as we know as NCFC fans, it only takes a chance to have a big break to officially be classed as a Premier League player (Like pretty much all our players)

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I heard similar things from my mates who support Derby. One of their best regarded players and I''ve seen a few kids with his name on the back of their shirts.

Where in Derbyshire are you Orford?[/quote]

Just down the road from Burton on Trent......the closest I could get to the breweries!  [:D]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Shacks is a good player, I think he will get his chance in the premiership again before long.

[/quote]

He''s a good Championship defender when he''s on form (as he has been last couple of seasons) but I don''t think there''ll be many established Premier clubs looking to take him on and none of the promoted clubs have taken a punt on him this summer either.

So unless Burnley get promoted I don''t think he''s likely be in the Prem any time soon - if ever again.

As an add-on to the Derby situation, Lee Croft has been bombed out by them on loan to Division One side Oldham for next season - they just do not want him!

Shackell was a good pro for us and he would do a squad players job for us now as well I think!