Sign in to follow this  
robertociNCFC

Best Loan Signing at Norwich?

So was watching sky sports news this morning where it announced that Fraser Forster had signed a 4 year deal with Celtic, was wondering what is your fondest memory of a loan signing at Norwich? I mean good ones not Roeders first XI of them :D My personal favourite would have to be either Hucks or Crouchy from recent memory, who has been your favourite?

Fondest memory of a loan player - Molby or Rocastle.  I don''t know why but I loved watching "Rocky" play for us even though he was a little bit past it.Huckerby, obviously.  I quite liked David Nielsen''s loan spell though once we bought him, he became super crap.

Other then Huckerby, I remember Scott Parker having an impressive loan spell with us. I think I will always remember Ulf Ottosson as I like his name!

I can''t remember a loan ever having such an impact as Hucks did for us.

Other notable loans have been Parker and Lita. Bentley being let back into the side nearly saved us from relegation as well

Best was Hucks by far imo!

If I had my sarcastic hat on though... Could have said any of Roeder''s ''talent'', I still laugh about the Troy AH saga.

Hucks or David Nielsen.I remember when we signed Nielsen from Wimbledon thinking we''d mugged them off and got a top class player for an absolute pittance...ah the naivety of youth :D

Elvis Hammond, now what ever happened to him after his loan spell, he just dropped off the planet!

Has to be Hucks by a mile.

Agree with Hucks, Crouch, Parker and Molby, but more recently Bertrand and Naughton made terrific contributions.

For pure impact Hucks. Cant think of any other loan signing who gave so much and continued to give everything to the club even after he retired.  

I remember when Nielsen joined on loan and banged in goals for fun, as Indy said we thought we''d got the bargain of the century, until he signed the contract!!

His Wikipedia entry''s quite interesting in the controversies section http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Nielsen

[quote user="robertociNCFC"]What happened with Henville? As far as i''m aware he never played a game, any particular reason or was he just guff?
[/quote]

The best thing was that he then went off to Exeter for the year but we continued to pay his wages for the entire season!

Has to be Hucks. You don''t get many loan signings that are made permanent and out of all the ones that are, you don''t get many that twice win POTS, twice finish runner-up POTS, and go into the hall of fame after just one season.

1) Darren Huckerby2) Kyle Naughton3) Leroy Lita. Nearly kept us up with seven goals in 16 games making him our second top scorer that year after Owen Goals, that''s how poor we were.