Sign in to follow this  
We need a Manager

Worthy well pleased

He hasn''t said that has he? I''m so cheesed off tonight and glad I didn''t go. It was clear we were getting done over in midfield and Worthy didn''t do a thing to change it in the middle of the park. I remember seeing one of our new signings getting his foot in, tackling and spreading the play around in games like Spurs away. Unfortunately his name is Youssef and he seems to have been forgotten

Must admit I was a bit suprised when he said the team gave everything that he asked for. What he says publicly and privately though may well be different, and I wouldnt think he''d want to be criticising the team too much in front of the cameras when we are clearly in a dog fight. We have go to do better than tonights performance to stand any chance of staying up though.

Am feeling a bit bleak about the whole thing tonight..

Shackell was man of the match though, great performance.

Holt was absolutely appalling. His one contribution to the match was his inadvertant ''stepover'' that gave Francis his one on one that he wasted. crap.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH Just heard him on the radio...some points plucked out...

First class

Cant fault the performance, great performance

We created chances

We''re good value

Then he went through practically every player who played and said how great they all performed.

WHAT game was he watching?!?!

Ok, we are going to go down but please please please can we stop with the ''male cow'' ''brown stuff'' quotes.

I can see the headlines in the EDP this week :

Monday: Worthy ''We can still stay up.. honest.. stop laughing at the back''

Tuesday: Fleming up for the crunch

Wednesday: Worthy ''We are bottom of the best league in England and I am very proud of that''

Thursday: Flem in the face of relegation as Craig is ready to play the next game

Friday:Holt is a very nice man

you know what sums it up the playoff final against birmingham, we lost because of the exact same tactics we play now, playing so deep and inviting teams onto us.  someone once said history repeats itself, the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce, what does that make the 777th misuse of the tactics.

[quote]Holt was absolutely appalling. His one contribution to the match was his inadvertant ''stepover'' that gave Francis his one on one that he wasted. crap.[/quote]

Why are people once again singling out Holt? What precisely did Francis do tonight apart from miss our only two chances? Absolutely nothing.What did Leon do? Absolutely nothing.What did Jonson do? Absolutely nothing.What would Safri have done if he''d got on? Got booked.

WHY ARE PEOPLE SINGLING OUT HOLT???? Good grief. Leon spent most of the night helping out in midfield. Francis wasted 2 glorious opportunities - but at least he was there. Jonson was a second half substitute. And youre blaming Safri for a booking he would have got if he had played which he didnt.

What annoyed me again was the terrible clearing of our lines , once again edworthy headed the ball straight to there guy who scored from it , and this happened throughout the game.

Oh here we go "Holt is useless" etc. etc.

So who was any better in our midfield today? that''s right, no one. Would Safri have changed the game? I doubt it. It is a team game, our team is not good enough. Stop singling out players, we were out muscled by a half decent side, fact!

Also, what is the manager supposed to say? we were useless?

Surely the point is that you cannot mistake effort for ability. Worthy is saying he is satisfied with the effort, clearly he has some players that don''t have the ability, no point slagging them of for that, he knows that and thats no way to motivate them. Do your best is all I ask, is what he''s saying.

When we have the money to afford players with more ability we may do better. He knows its no good slagging off Edworthy or anyone else for continually making mistakes or being shown up by classier players, we may see some changes as we start to build for the future.

I''m not sure I will subscribe to the Worthy out school of thought, until I have a clear idea of what the better option is.

The manager is a total incompetent , and just about all the players are at best Championship level . This is without doubt the worst Norwich side to ever play in the top flight. Worthington needs to go and the sooner the better .

[quote]Oh here we go "Holt is useless" etc. etc. So who was any better in our midfield today? that''s right, no one. Would Safri have changed the game? I doubt it. It is a team game, our team is not good eno...[/quote]

Marty,

what''s wrong with having a rant at the team? I have noticed you like to stick up for the team on many occasions, but as fans we notice some things and have every right to our opinions (as do you) Noticing things such as Worthingtons embarrassing team selection, or his even more embarrassing post-match pre-written script. Personally, yes I will single out Holt because he is clearly not good enough to play in the middle, yet gets picked game in game out, how will we know if Safri would have changed the game? He''s never been given a bloody chance to show what he can do on a consistant basis, Holt on the other hand has been given too much time and even back in August it was clear he is out of his depth in the big league. There are others i could single out (Fleming, Edworthy) who seem to be selected on past performance (and not this season either)

As for whether the manager should say we were useless - well why not? He would have a point. But of course he will never say this - the players ''work rate'' and ''commitment'' seems to be enough for him.

Holt was useless.He isnt good enough. thats not a personal attack on him, he just doesnt cut the mustard. I want someone else to geta chance. i want Norwich city to win a football match. And most of all i dont want you telling me i cant have an opinion.