Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

£5M Bid for Naughton!!

Tottenham have rejected a £5M bid from Southampton. Would have thought that would have been enough to prize him away from there. Good offer but I would be very, very disappointed if he went to Southampton. Surely one of the teams we will be battling with this upcoming season. Would like to think that Norwich would/could be able to jump in and hijack any deal.

With Corluka moving on this summer, Naughton is cover for Kyle Walker.I would be surprised if Naughton moves on unless AVB wants to bring in his own man

In regard to Naughton - I do not think he would would want to join another team having just come up. I think he would look at a more established team or one that he knows.

[quote user="smooth"]In regard to Naughton - I do not think he would would want to join another team having just come up. I think he would look at a more established team or one that he knows.
[/quote]

Established team - Villa

One that he knows - Lambert

[;)]

£5m would be absolute tops.If they have rejected a bid of that figure i would be surprised but if true then that is the end of it.There is no way that we can or should pay more than £5m for him. He was good but not the finished article he had some great games but also some off ones

AVB could replace KN with Boswinga that''ll impress Spuds fans.

[quote user="pete"]AVB could replace KN with Boswinga that''ll impress Spuds fans.[/quote]

And naughton himself could have said He don''t want to go there,so bid rejected. 

5m upfront for him is too much, 3m plus add-ons such as England call up, staying up, appearance fees for another 2m would be reasonable.

Too much i would say. That would break our transfer record, cant see them doing that for a full back.

Yeah £5 million for an up and coming English right back at one of the top clubs in Britain is too much, £6 million for a 31 year old striker who has played one season in the top flight is not enough. Righto.

We were right to keep Holt and we should go after Naughton and not be put off by 5mil. Perhaps we are making a bid for him.

Thing is Javier, goal scorers always are a premium but you might be one of those who have predicted he wouldn''t cut it in the last three years. Problem is one season you will be right and I hope it''s not next because you and your ilk will be all over this board

People who say £5 million is too much , well i cannot agree, if Naughton is a Premiership class footballer £5 million is a snip , in fact for a top flight player its bloody cheap . How much did Villa just pay out for Lowton ? £3 million was it and that''s for a player in League1 .I doubt Norwich will ever come to terms with paying the fee''s needed to remain a Premiership club , we shop around the £2 million mark mostly and nowadays that buys you a decent Championship player,

[quote user="Javier"]Yeah £5 million for an up and coming English right back at one of the top clubs in Britain is too much, £6 million for a 31 year old striker who has played one season in the top flight is not enough. Righto.[/quote]Naughton has only played 1 season in the premiership.Obvious scummer is very very obvious...

The blindingly obvious facts here are:1) Spurs don''t need to sell. They may decide to if a great price is offered, but financially another few mil isn''t going to make much difference to them.2) Naughton is probably the only other recognised right back after Walker, and again if cover is needed it makes more sense to keep KN for this.3) AVB hasn''t had chance to fully analyse his squad yet, so who knows which players he wants to keep/sell etc?I''m guessing the high prices being quoted are simply along the lines of giving Spurs an offer which was ''too good to turn down'', especially if they only see Naughton as a squad cover player.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]The blindingly obvious facts here are:

1) Spurs don''t need to sell. They may decide to if a great price is offered, but financially another few mil isn''t going to make much difference to them.

2) Naughton is probably the only other recognised right back after Walker, and again if cover is needed it makes more sense to keep KN for this.

3) AVB hasn''t had chance to fully analyse his squad yet, so who knows which players he wants to keep/sell etc?

I''m guessing the high prices being quoted are simply along the lines of giving Spurs an offer which was ''too good to turn down'', especially if they only see Naughton as a squad cover player.
[/quote]

At last some one speaking sense on the KN issue.