Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Wayne bridge on loan

Not a rumour, just a suggestion.According to the bbc gossip page Brighton are interested in making a loan move for Bridge. Now i doubt we could afford his wages if we were to sign him but i imagine a loan deal could be on the cards. he would give good competition to Tierney (does anyone know if he is fit?) while he has plenty of experience, still has some pace and international experience... I think we could do a lot worse than Bridge on a season long loan. Would help a pretty inexperienced back line and means we could spend some big money on a CB, which is a much greater priority.

Depends... He just seems happy to sit on the bench at the various clubs he''s been on loan at picking up his wages, so I don''t think i''d want him here.
If he''d been released by Man City and wasn''t getting his wages from them then i''d possibly be interested.

Another plus point is that Frankie from the Saturdays would turn up to our games! a little bit of eye candy if a game gets a bit dull! However, i suggest Tierney stays away from her! Made 10 appearances for Sunderland last season after joining on the last day in Jan. Not a bad amount of games but i have no idea how many were starts

Let''s not go down the road of Roeder type loans, no way do I want to see the likes of Bridge on loan....

I want a permanent left back, Gunter or theat type of younger player.

[quote user="Indy"]

Let''s not go down the road of Roeder type loans, no way do I want to see the likes of Bridge on loan....

I want a permanent left back, Gunter or theat type of younger player.

[/quote]Would like to see Gunter come in too, i believe he is a RB though.Remember we have Tierney who was one of our best players before his injury, we don''t need a starting LB just an adequate replacement who would be cheap, i think Bridge would fulfill that requirement because i doubt there would be a huge loan fee while City may be prepared to continue paying a percentage of his wage.He is only 31 so not exactly past it, i understand the questions over his level of desire though.

p.s we can''t judge all experienced players/loan players by Roeder''s success, Naughton proved how important the two loan slots are to the lower prem clubs.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Another plus point is that Frankie from the Saturdays would turn up to our games! a little bit of eye candy if a game gets a bit dull! [/quote]

Some eye candy would indeed be a bonus and a seat in the Pussy Wagon is hers for the asking as i have a regular traveller who shall we say has seen better days and reached the end of her shelf life.[;)][:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="priceyrice"]Another plus point is that Frankie from the Saturdays would turn up to our games! a little bit of eye candy if a game gets a bit dull! [/quote]

Some eye candy would indeed be a bonus and a seat in the Pussy Wagon is hers for the asking as i have a regular traveller who shall we say has seen better days and reached the end of her shelf life.[;)][:P]

[/quote]Haha, is that Kathy by any chance, i''ll take her and you can have Frankie!

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Haha, is that Kathy by any chance, i''ll take her and you can have Frankie!
[/quote]

Specsavers 01603 610777.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Wayne Bridge has just agreed a season-long loan deal to play for Brighton...[/quote]

Thank F for that

Apologies! It would appear the quoting mechanism is not quite compatible with my annoying phone.

Or it''s about time I upgraded.

Certainly would not fit in the ''hungry'' category that our club would like with signings.  Rumour has it he has turned down offers in the past to sit on his backside picking up 90k a week at Chelsea/Man City.

Brighton are apparently paying 14k a week for the year loan, Man City picking up the remaining 76k! 

Big rumour today that Brighton are signing Jordan Rhodes.

If Rhodes goes anywhere it will be to a club in the Premiership. Not to a team in the same division. Wayne Bridge is a weird one. He was an excellent player and certainly should have played more games at this stage in his career. But would have had to have written off millions of pounds in order to secure guaranteed first team football over a sustained period. That is a very difficult thing for anybody to do no matter what people say or what their alleged ethical code is.

[quote user="cityangel"]Big rumour today that Brighton are signing Jordan Rhodes.[/quote]

CityAngel - i believe this rumour was made up by one of the fairly reliable transfer rumour twitter accounts, as they later admitted there was nothing in it.

I actually expect Rhodes to stay at huddersfield for another season, there is every chance they could do a Southampton