Sign in to follow this  
Chirping Canary

Mark Fotheringham

I asked him (when he was doing a player signing thing in the Castle Mall) when he is going to do the ''fozzy flick'' and he replied in one of the strongest Scottish accents I''ve heard ''Ah well, when we win the League fella''!!

When did he actually last play a game and for who?  I guess he''ll get his expenses reimbursed though.

Well he keeps trying, doesn''t he?

I don''t know him personally but I think, reading between the lines, changing clubs as often as he has and being something of a nomad probably tells a story.

I guess it''s good to be ambitious but think this guy has probably got ideas above his station. League 1 at best.

He clearly thinks a lot of himself.

I liked him, he is a good passer of the ball. Problem was he was a rubbish captain, often put little effort in. There was one game, think it was after his longish term injury, home against Leicester, he played just like Fox. Always made him self available, passed it around very well, including some creative passes. To be as arrogant as he appears, you have to have a lot of talent, Cristiano Ronaldo can get away with being an arrogant so and so, because he is one of the best players in the world, Fozzy is no where near that standard, maybe in the conference he could get away with that attitude, but any higher and his head is telling him he''s way better than he really is.

As some have already pointed out, he was actually a decent footballer - for the 1 or 2 games he actually tried to put the effort in.He could pass, he could tackle, he did have energy - he just didn''t bother 95% of the time and that''s where the problem was.A manager who could get him to perform each week would have a very tidy player on their hands, problem is I don''t know who could manage that task!

It is often said that manager''s send out teams in their own image. I thought Fotheringham was the perfect figurehead of the Roeder regime. There was an arrogance and complete lack of humility that his performances did not warrant. There was the odd outstanding display. I would point to a game against Southampton under Peter Grant where he was fantastic until he went off injured. But they were few and far between. The way he stormed down the tunnel in sheer disbelief after being substituted after a truly woeful display against Coventry probably encapsulated his Norwich career perfectly.

Fotheringhams spent half his career on trial which says it all!

Very poor player with an obvious over inflated opinion of himself!

And yes I''m still waiting for the Fozzyflick!