Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Andy Carroll , loan speculation?

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Ok, so Liverlose pay his wages but want him out on loan to get him up to full match fitness.  Look around the EPL to see which clubs best suit AC''s and Liverlose''s current aims.  Liverlose want to get back into Europe, so that rules out Manure and ManCini, Arsenal, Chelski, Spuds & probably Newcastle.  Then you want to send him to a club that can the best out of AC''s attributes who probably won''t be seen as a likely contender for Europe. 

So which club just happened to score more headed goals (AC''s biggest strength) than any other in the EPL last season.  Ring any bells?  Couple that with the last manager who really got AC playing (again ring any bells?) and the fact the guy cannot settle in a metropolitan city and it''s not really that fantastical to see the possibility of a move to Norwich happening. 

And this rumour wasn''t started by or commented on by BW or Wiz yet, so that ups the potential likelihood for starters!

[/quote]

Cough......go to page one my friend.[:D]

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Proper Charlie"]Surely you''re not serious about offering Howson?? He will be a major player this season. I would love the AC thing to happen, but just can''t see it i''m afraid.[/quote]

I''m not serious about Howson.

The question I asked was ''Would Rodgers be interested in Howson?'' This thread is about Carroll speculation not whether I think Howson is good or not - he is good and I wouldn''t want to lose him. I think the majority of Canaries (rightly or wrongly) would have Carroll over Howson.[/quote]

I think you are completely wrong on that. I would rather have Howson any day. i don;t rate carroll that highly and don''t think we need him. Holt is just as good at what he does. Yes Carroll did a bit better than expected at the Euros and can be a handful in the air but is appalling on the ground and should not be playing for England. That he does says more about how poor england are rather than how good Andy Carroll is.

Is this the same Andy Carroll that most of this board called a complete and utter donkey and the biggest waste of money ever when he got the England call up in front of Holt , how times change .

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]There is a reason they call this the silly season...[:P][/quote]

Indeed! But at least it''s livened up this place which was getting as dull as dishwater[|-)]

It''s all rumours this time of year but if there''s any truth in the scenario that Rodgers only wants players at Liverpool who can fit into a certain system I shall follow their fortunes with a greater interest. I think successful managers get the best out of the players at the club and change/improve it gradually.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]There is a reason they call this the silly season...[:P][/quote]

Indeed! But at least it''s livened up this place which was getting as dull as dishwater[|-)]

It''s all rumours this time of year but if there''s any truth in the scenario that Rodgers only wants players at Liverpool who can fit into a certain system I shall follow their fortunes with a greater interest. I think successful managers get the best out of the players at the club and change/improve it gradually.

[/quote]

Like Worthy did with Super Paul Dalglish?[:^)]

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Ok, so Liverlose pay his wages but want him out on loan to get him up to full match fitness.  Look around the EPL to see which clubs best suit AC''s and Liverlose''s current aims.  Liverlose want to get back into Europe, so that rules out Manure and ManCini, Arsenal, Chelski, Spuds & probably Newcastle.  Then you want to send him to a club that can the best out of AC''s attributes who probably won''t be seen as a likely contender for Europe. 

So which club just happened to score more headed goals (AC''s biggest strength) than any other in the EPL last season.  Ring any bells?  Couple that with the last manager who really got AC playing (again ring any bells?) and the fact the guy cannot settle in a metropolitan city and it''s not really that fantastical to see the possibility of a move to Norwich happening. 

And this rumour wasn''t started by or commented on by BW or Wiz yet, so that ups the potential likelihood for starters!

[/quote]

Wiz has commented..........

@sheffcanary.................thank you for thinking about this before posting - I''d forgotten the header angle also.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not forgetting the midfield enforcer, Jason Jarrett!

This is just Rodgers''s way of geeing-up Carroll for the new season IMO and to keep his feet firmly on the ground. I don''t think he''ll be going anywhere.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Poor old Worthy!

But Worthy did get more out of the players he inherited and then did change/improve it gradually.

As for Dalglieeeeeesh.. if Worthy had persevered with him we would have had to send some money up to your part of the world ''slim[;)] But he did "get it on" with Jordan[<:o)]

[quote user="paul moy"]This is just Rodgers''s way of geeing-up Carroll for the new season IMO and to keep his feet firmly on the ground. I don''t think he''ll be going anywhere.[/quote]I really can''t see it as a Rodgers'' gee-up, because. Rodgers only users the one system. And Carroll himself must think how he''ll fit into it. So if Rodgers thought I''ll give him a kick up the bum it doesn''t seem to be the most wise moves.

In my opinion this would be the best move that Carroll could make so can understand the rumours.

However, i think he''s over-rated now, but saying that he was very good when he exploded at Newcastle.

Hmmmm... I''m really split on this.

@pink un role model @paulmoy

I don''t think it''s a gee up either. After all - Carroll needs confidence and game time, not a new manager making him more paranoid about his future

I would see this as bad business. sounds like I''m in the minority, but imo Carroll is a terrible player, with attitude problems and an ego based on believing his own hype. The reality is, he had scored 12 Prem goals in 40+ Prem games before he signed for Liverpool, and he played well for one and a half games in the whole of last season. Just because Dalglish was stupid enough to pay £35mill for him doesn''t make him worth it. Those who are saying we should swap Howson are delusional, why would we swap a player that is likely to be a key figure for us this season, for one who will disappoint and score less than 5 goals? If Carroll is the answer, then I don''t even want to hear the question.

Just to contextualise further:
Grant Holt - 15 goals in 35 Prem appearances
Andy Carroll - 9 goals in 60 Prem appearances.
I''d have Grant in my starting XI over Carroll every time, wouldn''t even have to think about it. 

[quote user="kick it off"]I would see this as bad business. sounds like I''m in the minority, but imo Carroll is a terrible player, with attitude problems and an ego based on believing his own hype. The reality is, he had scored 12 Prem goals in 40+ Prem games before he signed for Liverpool, and he played well for one and a half games in the whole of last season. Just because Dalglish was stupid enough to pay £35mill for him doesn''t make him worth it. Those who are saying we should swap Howson are delusional, why would we swap a player that is likely to be a key figure for us this season, for one who will disappoint and score less than 5 goals? If Carroll is the answer, then I don''t even want to hear the question.[/quote]

@kickitoff

sorry for the above messed up post.

I haven''t once said we SHOULD swap Howson for Carroll. What I said was do you think Rodgers would be interested in Howson or Ayala to make the weight up in any loan move. I am not Brendan Rodgers and I also do not want to swap anyone. I was asking the question to stimulate debate.

And like I''ve said before. There are no guarantees that Howson will replicate what he has shown at the end of last season anyway. He is good, very good but no messiah and I always wondered why it took so long for him to leave Leeds. He may hate playing for CH - you just don''t know.

[quote user="kick it off"]Just to contextualise further:

Grant Holt - 15 goals in 35 Prem appearances

Andy Carroll - 9 goals in 60 Prem appearances.

I''d have Grant in my starting XI over Carroll every time, wouldn''t even have to think about it. 

[/quote]

And Carroline spends more time keeping his hair in place. Jessie

The alleged wife beating alcoholic can stay where he is.

The problem Liverpool have is that Andy Carroll was never worth £35 million so now that he has no place in the squad they cannot get rid of him as any team willing to take him wouldn''t pay even a 3rd of that price and if Liverpool accept a price that low they''d be chastised for they money they''d wasted.

Although he played well under Hughton i still hate this guy.

there is no doubt he has talent, i think perhaps the big money move and the pressure it brings got to him, there is every chance he could perform at Norwich. Saying that, we already have two strong, tall forwards in Morro and Holt.

While i don''t rate Morro that highly, i think he can be effective next season if we use direct wingers and we all know what Holt is about. This basically means perhaps we don''t need another forward of a similar mould - it would effectively mean Morrison would lose his place

It is crazy to think that carroll would do anything other than make a massive impact at Norwich. We cannot and never will be able to buy him. We cannot afford his wages either BUT if Liverpool wanted him out on loan for a season and were happy to subsidise his wages then there could be no better place than Norwich under his old mentor. He would thrive on the service he would get and probably have such a successful seasobn Liverpool may recoup a big proportion of the money they spent on him

Imo he lacks football intelligence.   He can do a few things and score - especially when its put on his head for him - but then Holt and Morison are  just as good as that.    His awareness does not look great  to me - but having said that  we would probably be foolish not to take him if offered.  Hughton is reknowned for getting the best out of players and if he can point Caroll in the right direction then he would be a strong addition to the squad.  

Would he be up for it though?  

So an England international on a massive wage at a club where he is adored is coming on loan to Norwich?

And bw got slated!!!!!!