Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

First Manager to Go

It is a bit quiet on the transfer front. For a bit of amusement who do you think will be the first Manager to get sacked in the Prem this forthcoming season. My money is on Sam Allardyce with Harry R coming in to replace him

Time will tell, but I find that West Brom appointment a strange one. Bit like Steve Kean. Maybe I''m ignorant though!

Lamnert or Rodgers, too big egos, too much expectation with limited funds and not good enough squads to achieve thier targets.

I don''t have any ill feeling towards Lambert but unlike others on here I don''t think he''s as good a manager as they think. Look at his reaction towards minor criticism from our fans, wait till Villa fans start!

Big Sam is a good shout given that Harry is out of work!

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

1. Big Sam

2. Steve Clarke

3. Nigel Adkins

I just heard the latest interview with AVB on the radio and just based on that he must be a clear favourite to be an early casualty. I particularly liked his comment that basically said he built the Chelsea team that won the two Cups, funny man and I feel for Spurs fans who deserve better. Also, Laudrup I would put money on. As for Big Sam, no chance, he knows this league well and will do enough to ensure West Ham have a good enough season, even if it is not in their traditional style. I think PL will also do enough at Vill, just look at how poor they were towards the end of the season, he doesnt have to do much to get an improvement and has a few decent players who if they play to their potential should achieve mid table safety.    

I don''t think you''ll see our old pal ''readies'' Redknapp at Upton Park in the near future

from what I hear the trail hasn''t gone cold and it was this that played a fair part in Spurs distancing themselves from him and England likewise keeping him at arms length

sad thing is he could bring a fair few others down with him so it''s a bit of a wall of silence at the moment, but there''s still hope

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Hughton.... We''ll be down by Christmas.... (Wait for it........)[/quote]

You jest jas, but................[:#]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Hughton.... We''ll be down by Christmas.... (Wait for it........)[/quote]

You jest jas, but................[:#]

[/quote]

Right on cue!

Jas, stop baiting Wiz.  Its not good to mock the afflicted [:)]My bet for the 1st one to go will be Brian McDermott at Reading, followed by Mark Hughes

I would say Mark Hughes first

there has certainly been little in the way of stability there and so it is all about instant success

and instant failure

[quote user="City1st"]

I don''t think you''ll see our old pal ''readies'' Redknapp at Upton Park in the near future

from what I hear the trail hasn''t gone cold and it was this that played a fair part in Spurs distancing themselves from him and England likewise keeping him at arms length

sad thing is he could bring a fair few others down with him so it''s a bit of a wall of silence at the moment, but there''s still hope

[/quote]

Tabloid-like trash of the worst kind. I hope one of the moderators sees it and dispatches it to where it belongs.

err no

journos I know and trust

"Harry Redknapp the man was illuminated for all to see in Tom Bower''s

remarkable and devastating book "Broken Dreams – Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British

Football"
, which won the William Hill Sports book of the Year in 2003.

Devoting an entire chapter to Redknapp, Bower, a well-known investigative

journalist, paints a picture of an exceedingly greedy and apparently wholly

unscrupulous individual with no loyalty to anyone but himself and his bank

balance. "Readies Redknapp" unashamedly admits in the book, "Don''t rip anybody

off but if there''s a chance to earn a few quid take it".

"though if nothing else he completely destroys the shrewd wheeler-dealer image of

former West Ham boss Redknapp."

"the chapters on Venables and Redknapp are libellous if they''re not true. The

book is printed still so it must be true."

"Redknapp was clearly up to something as the training ground was awash with

agents on their mobile phones and the manager was frequently seen with them in

exclusive London restaurants."

"Although illegal commissions from transfers have never definitively been linked

to Redknapp, if it true that there is no smoke without fire then there must have

been a conflagration given the plume of smoke hanging over his business method"

With respect to your initial input, City 1st, it''s ....err, yes. It''s one thing for other publications to run a story and have the responsibility of defending it, should there be a need. It''s quite a different proposition for you to take a free shot on this forum WITHOUT quoting sources and leave the Pink Un having to answer for the content, should there be a need.

[quote user="City1st"]

err no

journos I know and trust

"Harry Redknapp the man was illuminated for all to see in Tom Bower''s remarkable and devastating book "Broken Dreams – Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football", which won the William Hill Sports book of the Year in 2003. Devoting an entire chapter to Redknapp, Bower, a well-known investigative journalist, paints a picture of an exceedingly greedy and apparently wholly unscrupulous individual with no loyalty to anyone but himself and his bank balance. "Readies Redknapp" unashamedly admits in the book, "Don''t rip anybody off but if there''s a chance to earn a few quid take it".

"though if nothing else he completely destroys the shrewd wheeler-dealer image of former West Ham boss Redknapp."

"the chapters on Venables and Redknapp are libellous if they''re not true. The book is printed still so it must be true.
"

"Redknapp was clearly up to something as the training ground was awash with agents on their mobile phones and the manager was frequently seen with them in exclusive London restaurants."

"Although illegal commissions from transfers have never definitively been linked to Redknapp, if it true that there is no smoke without fire then there must have been a conflagration given the plume of smoke hanging over his business method"

[/quote]

I am a bit confused. Those last two paragrpahs in quotes - who actually is saying this? It looks like you are quoting Bower verbatim from the book. And Bower will have had the book checked for libel. But I suspect those quotes are not from Bower (the clunky writing apart from anything else) but from some reviewer, amateur or professional, or just someone with an opinion, who has not got the OK from a lawyer. I ask because the last paragraph is at first glance plainly defamatory.