Sign in to follow this  
Militant Canary

Jack Robinson...

Just heard that we have got Jack Robinson on loan for the season from Liverpool- so that''s left back covered... if true, of course.

In other news, AVB has said he wants to look at Naughton before making a decision about his possible sale.

A bit of a ramdon rumour to make up.  I''d never heard of him until 5 minutes ago... 

I hope its not gonna be a case of another player whom we give good experience and exposure, for the benefit of another club...

Has there been any pre-season pictures - was just wondering if Tierney is able to train yet?

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Just heard that we have got Jack Robinson on loan for the season from Liverpool- so that''s left back covered... if true, of course.

In other news, AVB has said he wants to look at Naughton before making a decision about his possible sale.[/quote]

if this turns out to be true, yet again we haven''t spent any of the transfer budget apart from players wages etc. Why are we going down this route for? Do we actually have any money to spend on players? Is this why, Lambert walked?

"yet again we haven''t spent any of the transfer budget apart from players wages etc."

If he is up to the job what is the problem ? Was Naughton sh1te because he was on loan ? Ruddy, Holt and Hooli not up to it because they did not cost huge fees ?

In fact as far as spending goes Butterfield will cost us a fee, so why not calm down, stop looking to have a go at the club and reflect on the fact that a club that has taken us from a 1-7 at home in League 1 to mid table finish in the Premier League might just know what they are doing

I really don''t get this odd insistence that we should be spending transfer funds when we don''t have to. If a guy is good enough, let''s get him in; if it is "free" (and these things never are, with signing on fees etc) all the better to spend our cash later, and it is almost inevitable that a loan or two will appear - if any good perhaps we can look to get him permanently.

There will be no chance of getting him on a perm, suppose to be one of the brightest British prospects in the game. I very much doubt he is ready for a full season of prem football, but i think he would provide adequate cover for Tierney and would not demand a huge loan fee
I think Hughton is wise to save the transfer budget for 2/3 quality players who will improve the first 11, while bringing in a few cheap/free players - it''s a tactic he has employed at all his previous clubs and he has had success with it.

Wolves spent a reported £7 million on Roger Johnson. He performed like a pub team player for most of last level. A big transfer fee does not necessarily mean the player will be a top performer for you. Can we please judge him on his overall recruitment this summer rather than rumours or the couple of free transfers he has acquired so far. Which look pretty shrewd pieces of business to me.

Is it any wonder that Lambert buggered off if this is the measure of our signings.

Its going to be a very long season.[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-049.gif[/IMG]

He has not signed yet, could still be BS. Although I am concerned as well I am happy to wait day by day for new signings and then judge at the start of the season.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Is it any wonder that Lambert buggered off if this is the measure of our signings.

Its going to be a very long season.[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-049.gif[/IMG]

[/quote]It''s posts like this that make me want a block user button on this forum.

If this is to happen it will probably be sorted out in the next few days as the England U19s, which Jack was involved in, were knocked out of the European Championship semi-final yesterday. So I would guess he''ll be travelling back today.

Change the record FFS

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

"Is it any wonder that Lambert buggered off if this is the measure of our signings.

Its going to be a very long season."

I really do wonder whether the point of that seemingless purposeless post was just to show a hitherto unused icon and thereby win Pink Un icon bingo.