Sign in to follow this  
magic_eyes

Why we will be relegated

We will be relegated because we are not good enough for the Premiership. Why is that? Because we are playing a Championship team. Other than Ashton and Stuart the side in the last few games is based on last years squad. We have spent something like £5-£6m to strengthen the squad, but where are they?

Ashton aside, the signings we made are not good enough and you have to blame the manager for that.

Can you honestly say that Safri and Helveg have been given a fair chance to prove themselves? Surely Doc is better than Flem. For me Jonson is just poor. Even when Bentley was fit Worthy left him out for one reason or another.

We are going down, because our team is not better than last season. I think it could be but Worthy has a set plan and at the end of the day relegation in the eyes of the management team and the board is acceptable. For me, relegation is acceptable, but performances like yesterday are not. Let''s leave this league with some pride and not just limp out of it.

OTBC

The reason Ashton is good is cos we paid more for him than the combined fee for the other players we signed. At the end of the day while I know worthy has his shortcomings he can only sign players that he can afford, I said at the start of the season that the board should have made more money avaliable for transfers. The premier league is driven solely by how much money that u can spend and team spirit alone was never going to be enough to keep us up. We now seem to have lost the fighting spirit we had probably due to the fact that the fact that even our best players have realised that we simply don''t have the ability to win games regularly in this league. I''m certainly feeling very down about things at the moment and can''t wait for the season to end.

magic_eyes, I couldn''t agree more.

Worthy always maintained that there was no point in bringing in new players if they were no better that what we aleady had. Quality not quantity. In saying that he set himself up for a big fall. Helveg didn''t replace Edworthy, Safri hasn''t replaced Holt/Francis, Docherty hasn''t replaced Fleming, and Charlton hasn''t replaced Drury.

Worthy showed his premiership managerial inexperience in signing Helveg and Jonson - two aging foreign players with no premiership experience. Sam Alladyce always bangs on about how long it take his foreign signings to settle in, so he plays them in the reserves for the first third of the season. That''s no use to us, who need players performing from day one.

Similarly, the undoubtedly talented Bentley has been far too inconsistant to merit a starting place. But that''s to be experienced from a young inexperienced player. Meanwhile Ashton, or an equivalent striking talent, should have been signed last summer, not mid season. Defences might win championships, but goals win games.

But Worthy IS an experienced and successful Football League manager, and he will have my full support for next season. Should he be lucky enough to get us back into the top flight I hope he looks back and learns from his mistakes.