Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Rangers....

will not only have to put up with not getting Whittaker back.. but also playing a local Derby in the National stadium!!! pity it''s against its amateur tenants who average gates of 200 a week.this time in 12 months Queens Park could be the 2nd biggest club in Glasgow in terms of league position....Oh how we all Laugh... this should be a warning to all the big teams now.. even the likes of Man City... if you play with fire then sooner or later you will get burnt!

forgot about them! now the 2nd biggest team in glasgow... they must be peeing themselves over all this... should they get promoted to the Scottish Prem i wonder how many Rangers "Fans" Might jump Ship....

If I were the Rangers fans ,I would make the SFA regret their decision to do this. They should turn up at these little Scottish towns of Brechin,Annan,East Stirling etc etc in vast numbers ,take over these towns and make it a policing nightmare, outstretching the costs that these 3rd div clubs can afford. I would make it my mission for them to admit that this was the worst decision they ever made.........be careful what you wish for.

So cheating rangers who have been punished should now make the sfa pay for punishibg them?

What a silly suggestion gjl

maybe?.....but if its the other clubs that have chosen Rangers'' fate, then thy should make them pay........use it as a crusade and ransack every Scottish town over the next 3 years from Division 3 to Division 1....and then when they regroup, the SPL will get theirs in good time too.........as I said be careful what you wish for.

Immaterial gjl.... So because rangers Were a big club they have a god given right to play in the top flight and should ruin everyone else''s club until they are allowed too?

Sell out games will help the little teams...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Immaterial gjl.... So because rangers Were a big club they have a god given right to play in the top flight and should ruin everyone else''s club until they are allowed too? Sell out games will help the little teams...[/quote]

remember that it is these other clubs that have decided their fate....not the SFA, they may have acted out of a short term vindictivness but Rangers and their fans will remember who''s who in all of this. ...........they may sell out but what of the costs of additional policing etc ?

Would this be a bad time to ask how many of the scores of thousands of Rangers fans have to date backed the Newco by purchasing a season ticket? Enough to maraud and pillage their way through Scotland and three successive promotions or enough to enable the Newco to pay one single first team players contractual wages for July with employers PAYE and NI contributions thereupon?Expect newco to struggle for a long time, the moreso as interest in them wanes as the novelty wears off.

[quote user="Rootin FerHooten"]Would this be a bad time to ask how many of the scores of thousands of Rangers fans have to date backed the Newco by purchasing a season ticket?
Enough to maraud and pillage their way through Scotland and three successive promotions or enough to enable the Newco to pay one single first team players contractual wages for July with employers PAYE and NI contributions thereupon?

Expect newco to struggle for a long time, the moreso as interest in them wanes as the novelty wears off.

[/quote]

Rangers will be back in the SPL in 3 seasons, the standard of the Scottish 3rd and 2nd divisions is really not very good. The Rangers youth team if indeed thats who they will have to play next season will walk the league. Remember that Gretna joined the Scottish 3rd dvision after playing in the English Northern Premier League and stormed through to the SPL in pretty much consecutive years. If a tiny club like that could have done it, I don''t think it''ll be a huge problem for a club of the fan base of Rangers (with now no financial/transfer constraints as they may have had before)

Bad decision in my opinion, the last time the Jocks had to make a major decision was over Abdelbaset, [the Lockerbie bomber] and they got it sooo wrong!

Man U are already in bigger dept than Rangers will ever be, as much as I dislike Man U, would putting them in the Conference league help English football?

[quote user="Billabong"]Bad decision in my opinion, the last time the Jocks had to make a major decision was over Abdelbaset, [the Lockerbie bomber] and they got it sooo wrong! [/quote]A decision formulated in Whitehall by Nu  Labor and forced upon Scottish exec (IMO obviously)[img]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/55435000/jpg/_55435665_004078953-1.jpg[/img]

At the time, Libya was threatening to sever commercial links with

Britain if Abdelbaset al-Megrahi was not released from the Scottish

prison where he was held for killing 270 people in the 1988 bombing of a

Pan Am flight.

He was eventually freed from his life sentence on health

grounds in August 2009 - four months after Mr Blair visited Libya -

after the Scottish Executive was advised Megrahi had just three months

to live.

Megrahi remains alive but is said to be seriously ill with prostate cancer.

''Delighted and grateful''

The Sunday Telegraph said the documents showed Mr Blair

negotiated to fly to Tripoli from Sierra Leone in west Africa in a jet

provided by Col Gaddafi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14963200

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If I were the Rangers fans ,I would make the SFA regret their decision to do this. They should turn up at these little Scottish towns of Brechin,Annan,East Stirling etc etc in vast numbers ,take over these towns and make it a policing nightmare, outstretching the costs that these 3rd div clubs can afford. I would make it my mission for them to admit that this was the worst decision they ever made.........be careful what you wish for.[/quote]

Interesting theory have you actually assesed what they did ? They not only traded fraudulently but broke most major SFA rules. You cant relegate smaller clubs and then let Rangers off. If any of the other clubs like Dundee would have traded the same way they would have had as good a team as Rangers.

Following through as you feel you should be allowed to break rules do you feel Portsmouth should be reinstated to the Premier league ? Manure are different they are trading on debt but legally and paying their creditors. Should they ever step over the mark and deliberately trade whilst insolvent yes I would hope like any other club they were relegated to the Conference .

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If I were the Rangers fans ,I would make the SFA regret their decision to do this. They should turn up at these little Scottish towns of Brechin,Annan,East Stirling etc etc in vast numbers ,take over these towns and make it a policing nightmare, outstretching the costs that these 3rd div clubs can afford. I would make it my mission for them to admit that this was the worst decision they ever made.........be careful what you wish for.[/quote] Interesting theory have you actually assesed what they did ? They not only traded fraudulently but broke most major SFA rules. You cant relegate smaller clubs and then let Rangers off. If any of the other clubs like Dundee would have traded the same way they would have had as good a team as Rangers. Following through as you feel you should be allowed to break rules do you feel Portsmouth should be reinstated to the Premier league ? Manure are different they are trading on debt but legally and paying their creditors. Should they ever step over the mark and deliberately trade whilst insolvent yes I would hope like any other club they were relegated to the Conference .[/quote]

by "they", you''re referring to an individual businessman rather than the fans....doesnt mean that theyve got to take this lying down.

as for Portsmouth, they''re not as big a club in England as Rangers are in Scotland, it wouldnt actually matter in the general scheme of things if they actually folded all together. However ,Inverness amongst others are apparantly this evening counting the costs of the loss of 2 home games vs Rangers next season,thats the effect they have there.

rangers fans will turn up everywhere in huge numbers on principle, a bit like we did in league 1... they broke the rules and are taking they''re punishment on the chin as far as i can see... doncaster knows a one horse title race is going to be a disaster for all of the spl including celtic... you can''t blame him for trying to avert whats happened OTBC

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If I were the Rangers fans ,I would make the SFA regret their decision to do this. They should turn up at these little Scottish towns of Brechin,Annan,East Stirling etc etc in vast numbers ,take over these towns and make it a policing nightmare, outstretching the costs that these 3rd div clubs can afford. I would make it my mission for them to admit that this was the worst decision they ever made.........be careful what you wish for.[/quote]

Need to substitute Falkirk for East Stirling.   East Stirlingshire to givie it it''s full name originally played at Firs Park, Bainsford, Falkirk but since 2007 have shared Ochilview with Stenhousemuir.   Their main claim to fame is they were once managed by Sir Alex Ferguson (1974).

Pedantic I know but I''m just showing off ''cos I once lived there!!!

It''s a fair point you make though, gates in the lower league suddenly increasing ten fold would put a great strain on clubs more used to a gate of 250 and a bobby on a bike

"to admit that this was the worst decision they ever made"

Yes the idea that all persons are equal in front of the law.

Maybe McNally should have not sort justice against the NOTW when it published lies about us - after all by that weird logic ''little ole Norwich'' should not hold the huge News International organisation to account.

Maybe even child molesters could be let off because they are rich, famous, royal etc

All I can say to the GJL is that I hope for his sake or anyone he knows he or they are never judged by anyone as cretinous as him.

This was an impossible situation for the powers that be in Scotland. Failure to reinstate Rangers near the top of the pyramid kills any competition off in the SPL and has serious implications for both attendances and TV deals. But failure to relegate Rangers would have merely underlined that football in Scotland is already dead through Ranger receiving preferential treatment and being fast tracked back into the SPL. Ultimately I think all the chairman deserve great credit for their actions. Putting the aim of trying to preserve what little sporting integrity was left in Scottish football before cash.

I disagree it has killed competition... For years we knew it was Celtic or rangers in 2nd.

Now its motherwell, aberdeen, hibs, hearts.... For 2nd, all of them with 1 eye on real Madrid, Barcelona, juve at home.... 3 years of champions league money will mean bett.er quality signings and a genuine challenge to Celtic and the title.

Rangers will be back... By then the league will be a 5 horse race.... The chairmen have been clever, short term will be hard but long term will imo make Scotland one of the closest leagues in Europe

[quote user="City1st"]

"to admit that this was the worst decision they ever made"

Yes the idea that all persons are equal in front of the law.

Maybe McNally should have not sort justice against the NOTW when it published lies about us - after all by that weird logic ''little ole Norwich'' should not hold the huge News International organisation to account.

Maybe even child molesters could be let off because they are rich, famous, royal etc

All I can say to the GJL is that I hope for his sake or anyone he knows he or they are never judged by anyone as cretinous as him.

[/quote]

Fine words indeed from behind a computer screen but as I keep mentioning time and time again it is the CLUBS that have decided this ,not the SFA ,SPL or any court of law, they are punishing themselves nobody else.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I disagree it has killed competition... For years we knew it was Celtic or rangers in 2nd.

Now its motherwell, aberdeen, hibs, hearts.... For 2nd, all of them with 1 eye on real Madrid, Barcelona, juve at home.... 3 years of champions league money will mean bett.er quality signings and a genuine challenge to Celtic and the title.

Rangers will be back... By then the league will be a 5 horse race.... The chairmen have been clever, short term will be hard but long term will imo make Scotland one of the closest leagues in Europe[/quote]

I can''t see it myself Jas even though I hope you are correct rather than me. I think the 2nd placed team doesnt automatically qualify for the Champions League. They have to play off in qualification round against a strong team they will in all likelihood lose to. So I cant see them getting the benefits of the Champions League money.

There will be no big TV deal to level out the playing field either. So Rangers and Celtic will always have the edge because of the crowds they attract which no one else can get near in Scotland. The reality is that Scottish has been dying a slow painful death long before this. It is not the fault of the SFL and SPL who I think have done the right thing.

I too very much doubt that 2nd place will offer any champions league place in scotland as the governing bodies are very likely going to reduce the number of places given to the scottish league from 2 to 1 at the first oppertunity. I also do not see this as a punishment for Rangers, as that club no longer exisits, its simply deciding where ''newco'' should begin and has in my view already recieved preferencial treatment by skipping the other clubs who are awaiting entry into the football league. As for killing scottish football, in all honesty I think there will be more interest in scottish football over the next few years than the last in the same was everyone slows down to have a look at the car crash on the motorway.

Thats an excellent point. They give qualifying places based on how strong a coefficient the league has. Rangers dropping down means Scotland''s coefficient will take an absolute battering. Particularly if these teams get pummelled in the qualifying phase.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]What if the same thing happened to ipswich town?[/quote]You can''t ransack a town with 14 away fans.