Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Joey Barton

Morning papers have him linked with a move to Blackburn,

He obviously has his issues, both on and off the pitch, but he is just the kind of player we need, good at breaking up play and distribution.

Wages would probably be a stumbling block, but Hughton must have worked with him at Newcastle at some point.

So, Calculated gamble or disaster?

This is of course a joke? Not that Barton is being linked with a move to Blackburm, "but that he is just the kind of player we need"? Sure, perhaps a player who is good at breaking up play and distribution, but certainly NOT Joey Barton the thug. I personally would be absolutely gutted if our club signed this nutter, really not the player our club needs. In answer to you question, certainly not a calculated gamble, we need to keep our money firmly in the pocket on this one.

Isnt it proposed to be a loan to Blackburn? If so, there is probably some negotiation around how much of the wage they would need to cough up for.

Personally I think hes a decent player but not so good that he''s worth the additional aggro, we have a great team spirit at NCFC and you dont want to upset that.

I know Hughton got the best out of him and it would probably do him good to live in Norwich for a while where he could focus on his football, however, hes suspended for 12 games and I think he has already been given more than enough chances to sort himself out so for that reason, No thanks.

Disaster.Most certainly not the sort of player we need - not the sort of player any team needs. Waste of money and a player who would ruin any team

Would rather cut off my own arm with a rusty spoon than see that thug at in Yellow

It doesn''t matter whether the guy has the ability of Makelele, Xavi and Iniesta all rolled into one. He is effectively useless for the lions share of this transfer window because he is suspended. So why would a club waste time paying his wages. When he wont be seen until late November when he won''t be anywhere match fit after such a lengthy absence.

The actual reality is that Barton was terrible last season. His own supporters booed him was that bad and Mark Hughes dropped him for a while despite him being the captain. Often people are so caught up in the Joey Barton show on twitter it very cleverly masks his inadequacies as a player.

I could go on about all the side issues that accompany him as well such as his string of criminal convictions and history of indiscipline at crucial moments on the pitch as well. But we all discussed that ad naseum

What idiot manager in the EPL is going to fork out for that twit when he''s only going to play two thirds of the season if fit?  Okay in the championship more games are played but who the heck will pay his wages there?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

He obviously has his issues, both on and off the pitch, but he is just the kind of player we need, good at breaking up play and distribution.

Wages would probably be a stumbling block, but Hughton must have worked with him at Newcastle at some point.

[/quote]

I''m assuming you''re joking CDM? The guy is the second biggest prat ever to play the game in this country (after John Terry obviously). An overrated, overpaid thug with no discipline, no morals and no shame. If QPR manage to offload this prize tool they will deserve my eternal respect, and whoever is stupid enough to sign him, if even on loan, will of course deserve to live out their lives in absolute shame.

The man should be in a mental hospital (or in prison) he has no place on the football pitch ,he has had more than enough chances to sort himself out ,but he can''t ,I don''t care if he has read poetry or appeared on news night ,the man is mentally unstable ,I am surprised he hasn''t killed someone yet ,although this does run in the family ,so it may only be a matter of time .

I don''t care if he scores the winner in the Champion''s League final for us, that thug will never be accepted in my eyes and is theonly player I will happily admit that like to see break his leg, ending his career so he can become a full time Twatter

not one chance in a million. certifiable thug and poisoned chalice. the sooner he is out of football (for whatever reason) the better. i have only ever disliked muscat more than him.

Good enough footballer to be part of the squad. Unfortunately his excessive wages, horrible personality, absence of discipline and lack of morality mean that we shouldn''t sign him even if McNally were held at gunpoint.

I would hope that Delia would correctly veto any such initiative. Promptly.

If not, one suspects that the atmosphere could become more poisonous than it did during either the Chase Out or Worthy Out episodes in our history.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]If not, one suspects that the atmosphere could become more poisonous than it did during either the Chase Out or Worthy Out episodes in our history.[/quote]I see you''ve been able to google the atmosphere Bly because five days ago you had to ask what is was like........

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Was the poisonous anti-Worthy atmosphere at

that Burnley match worse than that generated by your lot when you were

seeking to turf out Robert Chase? Simple really.[/quote]Seems you''re quite........simple really. [+o(]

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]If that Cnut ever pulled on the yellow and green shirt, Ricardo''s season ticket would be in the return post the next day.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]If not, one suspects that the atmosphere could become more poisonous than it did during either the Chase Out or Worthy Out episodes in our history.[/quote]

I see you''ve been able to google the atmosphere Bly because five days ago you had to ask what is was like........

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Was the poisonous anti-Worthy atmosphere at that Burnley match worse than that generated by your lot when you were seeking to turf out Robert Chase? Simple really.[/quote]

Seems you''re quite........simple really. [+o(]
[/quote]

Simple is as simple does.

[|-)][|-)][|-)]

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]If not, one suspects that the atmosphere could become more poisonous than it did during either the Chase Out or Worthy Out episodes in our history.[/quote]

I see you''ve been able to google the atmosphere Bly because five days ago you had to ask what is was like........

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Was the poisonous anti-Worthy atmosphere at that Burnley match worse than that generated by your lot when you were seeking to turf out Robert Chase? Simple really.[/quote]

Seems you''re quite........simple really. [+o(]
[/quote]

Oo arrrrrrrr.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I would hope that Delia would correctly veto any such initiative. Promptly.

If not, one suspects that the atmosphere could become more poisonous than it did during either the Chase Out or Worthy Out episodes in our history.

OTBC

[/quote]Great post Bly

i would actually refuse to support City if they signed that odious little sh*t! that’s how strongly I’d feel about it.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]A calculated gamble, I think.  After all, he can''t play for 12 league games due to suspension, but we''re likely to fine him all his wages anyway so effectively he''d be "free" for us.  We''d also sell more tickets for every match so people could come to witness pantomine season every single week.  Plus he''d get to line up alongside Bradley Johnson again, I''m sure they''d forge a great working relationship.While we''re at it, perhaps we could also ask Bob Diamond to look at our financial setup, and those Tour de France guys to look at our vitamin and mineral supplements?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i would actually refuse to support City if they signed that odious little sh*t! that’s how strongly I’d feel about it.[/quote]You serious brah?Wouldn''t support Norwich if we signed him?wow, that''s nice.

Dunno about him breaking up play but he''d certainly break up team spirit. I don''t want the twit (ter) here.   

If JB is loaned to a CCC club then his 12 match ban would be completed mid October whereas if he goes to a Prem club it wouldn''t expire until towards the end of November.I think the idea of JB going out on loan is nothing more than an attempt at QPR minimising the number of weeks at £80,000 pw they would have to pay the scrote to "not play football". 

The guy is a liability and a thug, I wouldn''t even want him in Norwich let alone playing for our great team. There''s far better players than him.

i cannot believe that any city fan would post on here in support of signing this odious creature. i know there are people with more fingers than brain cells, but even they would surely be against this idea.