Sign in to follow this  
Rotherhithe Canary

Ryan Bertrand

Apparently we are getting him on a season long loan. Would make sense as can''t see him getting ahead of Cole this season and needs regular first team football. Him and Pilkington would make a good partnership down the left.

Would be incredibly surprised but very pleased if it happened. Di Matteo rates the lad very highly. He did start him in a Champions League final. So I would imagine he is seen as an important squad member at Chelsea.

If they let Bertrand go, they have no (decent) LB cover. You only have to look at the CL Semis and final too see why Chelsea will want as many defenders on board as possible.

This is a loan signing I wouldn''t be too keen on anyway, yes he''s a decent player. But we have Tierney, who before his injury was playing very well indeed, if we did loan Bertrand i''d expect Chelsea would want us to play him regularly, which isn''t fair on Tierney, who was more than good enough. What we need at LB is back up/competition, not a player coming in who wants guaranteed first team football, to then leave at the end of the year. (And i''m not against loans, I just don''t think this loan move would be particularly suitable)

[quote user="Rotherhithe Canary"]Apparently we are getting him on a season long loan. Would make sense as can''t see him getting ahead of Cole this season and needs regular first team football. Him and Pilkington would make a good partnership down the left.[/quote]Link?Or is this guesswork

I''d be massively surprised if he came here on loan! Besides, I think it''s only fair Tierney gets another crack at left back seeing how well he did at the start of last season. A younger, more permanent prospect would be preferred