[quote user="Salopian"]I think not - he''s 30, I think, and played very little for Wigan recently[/quote]

Considering he''s been at Fenerbache the last two season on loan that isn''t a surprise - in fact he has never played for Wigan.

I have a feeling this rumour got started because something got "lost in translation". he''s been at Fenerbahce for 2 years and is reported (Liverpool Echo) to be keen to make the loan permanent.  fenerbahce are known as the "yellow canaries"..........so you can see where this rumour might have come from!!!

I wouldn''t be unhappy if we signed an an older, more experienced centre half TBH. We need someone to replace Zak, and we have 2 really good young prospects already (Bennett and Ayala).

As some of you may know, I actually follow Fenerbahce as my second team (I lived in Turkey for a  bit). Yobo has been in excellent form for both years of his loan and both Fener and Yobo were keen to make the deal permanent but it appears to have stalled now due to Everton demanding too large a fee (They want about £3mill for him) so Fener are looking elsewhere. So whilst it appears he won''t be signing for Fener permanently, I agree, I think this is lost in translation due to the shared nickname of the Canaries, and not based on any genuine interest from us. Having said that, I would be perfectly happy to see him as a Norwich player if it were true, as he really has been outstanding at Fener.

Don''t want or need him at the club. If he was anywhere near prem level he would have been of evertons bench at least, not just being loaned out. No better than Bennett ayala Martin ward if rather even play Elliot Bennett CB again Over wasting Money on Yobo