I have been reading posts on here for a long time now but i have never felt the need to comment until now. Im seeing posts saying players like Chris Martin should be given a chance. He was never great in the championship and the jump to the prem is far to big. Everytime iv seen him come on as a sub he shows a distinct lack of effort. What would i rather have Chris Martin with his lack of effort and disgusting attitude or Jackson a player who runs his socks off may not take all his chances but someone you know will give everything, quite an easy answer i think?

In the past i have seen posts about getting whitbread back the bloke was hardly an amazing defender or am i missing something and there has been a mad rush for his signature.

Grant holt - well here comes another rant at 31 years of age you should be grateful you are finally getting a crack at the prem. Does having a good first season in the prem mean hes is obliged to get a 3 year deal which will almost certainly take him to a time in his career where he wont be performing. So many strikers hit the ground running and then dont follow it up the next season. I hope im wrong but i think he is going to be a classic example.

Paul Lambert - He did an amazing job there is no doubt about it. But for me he is following his ''Gaffer'' O''Neil slightly to close. He shows a distinct lack of commitment to all clubs he has been at. Norwich are a club that will never get in to the top 4 and if he believed he could get there with Norwich then he was deluded.

As for the Hughton i think he is a great addition. He is a motivator and straight talker. People have already questioned his signings without seeing them in a Norwich shirt. Did Lambert get 100% of his signings rite? Certainly not...but who does...Sir Alex or Wenger?...nope. So if Hughton keeps Norwich in the Prem again then for me he has been a success.

Rant Over

[quote user="Idontwearyellowandgreentintedglasses"]

Paul Lambert - He did an amazing job there is no doubt about it. But for me he is following his ''Gaffer'' O''Neil slightly to close. He shows a distinct lack of commitment to all clubs he has been at. Norwich are a club that will never get in to the top 4 and if he believed he could get there with Norwich then he was deluded.

[/quote]
So if he would have been deluded to think he could have gotten us into the top 4, why should he show commitment to us when a bigger club comes calling? He has only ever moved on from one club to the next if the next one is bigger. Surely if he felt there was more chance of finishing top 4 with Villa than with us (or at least there was a better opportunity at Villa to improve his CV enough to get a crack with a top 4 club), then why should we criticise him for leaving? If we haven''t got the money or the infrastructure to match his ambition, that''s not really his problem.

"Im seeing posts saying players like Chris Martin should be given a chance. He was never great in the championship and the jump to the prem is far to big"

Now I''m not one to defend Martin, but people said the same about Holt for years! He came here and look at 31 he''s got a 3 year contract!

Maybe Martin will mature this season somewhere near his poterntial, if he couls then he would contribute to the coming season!

People tend to forget that new managers will bing better things out of different players, Lambert and Martin didn''t really get on lets see what Hughton can do and sell in January if needed.

You do realise this isn''t a general rant right?

Its a series of points, you could have made in the relevant places. Now i''m not one to act all ''forum police'' like, but this post seems a bit strange. First your username, its extremely judgemental, the fact you''ve called it a general rant despite only talking about points that have been discussed in sometimes multiple threads, your first one about Martin currently being discussed in a 6/7 page thread at the top of the page.

I''m sure that your opinion is based on experience, but the fact remains that Burnley, who presumably encountered Martin in games against Palace, and Palace themselves, both want to sign him. You could argue that they are looking for Championship quality. This may be true, but he must have shown more commitment than you have seen. I saw him once or twice on TV during last season, and he seemed to be the channel for much of  the best moves by Palace.

As I recall, Martin started the Championship season well, hit the bar a few times, and with luck might have achieved more, but it wasn''t to be.

He had been out on loan already, at Luton, and perhaps an attitude problem got him into Lambert''s bad books. Whatever the reason he didn''t persevere with him. There is no doubt that he was wild as a youngster to whom success had come very quickly. He seems to have matured now, and is quoted as saying that he wishes to fight to stay at Norwich. It remains to be seen if CH, a shrewd judge of a player, will give him more chances. Lambert, for all his gifts, wasn''t so good at the person to person.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You do realise this isn''t a general rant right? Its a series of points, you could have made in the relevant places. Now i''m not one to act all ''forum police'' like, but this post seems a bit strange. First your username, its extremely judgemental, the fact you''ve called it a general rant despite only talking about points that have been discussed in sometimes multiple threads, your first one about Martin currently being discussed in a 6/7 page thread at the top of the page.[/quote]

ROFLMFAO!!!

Why exactly is that funny broadslim?

Do I go around telling people where to post, and what to post? No I don''t... In fact just yesterday I was defending a post about Lambert/Villa in the main section.

I fear you don''t understand what the term forum police actually means.

1) Chris Martin Ok tend to agree didnt cut it with us in the Championship or Palace, time to get rid

2) Jackson 100% effort % end product ?

3) Whitbread = Sicknote good player if he could keep fit luxury when you look at his stats

3) Grant Holt, well worth 3 years probably the biggest reason we are where we are and irreplaceable for the funds we have available, even if he were not able to play for 3 seasons.

4) Neither Villa or Norwich will ever trouble the top 4 again. Therefore there is no better chance of soing so at Villa. bad career move in my opinion only ever likely to be a poor mans Newcastle. If Norwich achieve a similar finish to this year will be seen as success cant see Villa higher than 10th even if Lambo has the magic touch. Is this likely to get him a dream job ?

5) Hughton, Agree great addition gives the club stability with a manager who seems to be up to the job. If he fails nobody would argue he wasnt the right appointment and we dont need to be worrying he is leaving every five minutes like Lambert.

Keelan, he did cut it in the Championship, with us and with Palace. What makes you think he didn''t? Just because he didn''t score a hatful?

He has a bad attitude, Hes lazy and not consistent. And he had to work hard at palace to prove his worth. Most likely he''ll back here and do f''all! 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You do realise this isn''t a general rant right? Its a series of points, you could have made in the relevant places. Now i''m not one to act all ''forum police'' like, but this post seems a bit strange. First your username, its extremely judgemental, the fact you''ve called it a general rant despite only talking about points that have been discussed in sometimes multiple threads, your first one about Martin currently being discussed in a 6/7 page thread at the top of the page.[/quote]

ROFLMFAO!!!

[/quote]

Thats why is it Kett?

Because you don''t like my opinion that the OP has posted a series of very specific rants in one post, calling them a general rant, instead of posting in a thread where they can each be discussed separately?

It all gets a bit messy when your trying to talk about multiple things in one thread, especially since half of us have those silly blockquote things.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why exactly is that funny broadslim? Do I go around telling people where to post, and what to post? No I don''t... In fact just yesterday I was defending a post about Lambert/Villa in the main section. I fear you don''t understand what the term forum police actually means.[/quote]

Gingerpele is not online. Last active: 15/07/2012 08:30:30 Gingerpele

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 21/07/2006
Norwich/Canterbury
Posts 12,548

Re: getting a bit worried

Reply Quote

Did you really have to quote it?

Aaron Wilbraham, a true hero.

Well mr.Broadslim, one example. Where you annoyingly (in not only my opinion) quoted an extremely long list. I was on my phone, its not exactly very phone friendly is it, quoting posts that are that long.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Thats why is it Kett? Because you don''t like my opinion that the OP has posted a series of very specific rants in one post, calling them a general rant, instead of posting in a thread where they can each be discussed separately? It all gets a bit messy when your trying to talk about multiple things in one thread, especially since half of us have those silly blockquote things.[/quote]

[:O]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]........ Do I go around telling people where to post, and what to post? No I don''t... In fact just yesterday I was defending a post about Lambert/Villa in the main section. I fear you don''t understand what the term forum police actually means.[/quote]

I fear you have been playing too much on Nutty''s "Forum Moderator 2012".  Perhaps you are going for the top of the leaderboard?[:^)]

You''re on a windup, surely?

I totally agree with o/p, except I think holt earned his new contract through his previous 3 years plus he also bring assists as well as goal to the team.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Thats why is it Kett? Because you don''t like my opinion that the OP has posted a series of very specific rants in one post, calling them a general rant, instead of posting in a thread where they can each be discussed separately? It all gets a bit messy when your trying to talk about multiple things in one thread, especially since half of us have those silly blockquote things.[/quote]

[:O]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]........ Do I go around telling people where to post, and what to post? No I don''t... In fact just yesterday I was defending a post about Lambert/Villa in the main section. I fear you don''t understand what the term forum police actually means.[/quote]

I fear you have been playing too much on Nutty''s "Forum Moderator 2012".  Perhaps you are going for the top of the leaderboard?[:^)]

You''re on a windup, surely?

[/quote]

Corrected!

I quoted the lot![;)]

I didn''t tell him he shouldn''t post here, I was making a point this isn''t a ''general rant'', its a rant on specific issues that all have their own threads, that are easier to discuss one at a time. Is that so hard to understand?

And why have 3/4 new posters all posted in this thread, and no others? Slightly odd...

I wasn''t shooting you down for goodness sake.

I have been shot down for having an opinion that isn''t shared by a lot of people plenty of times. What if I told you I defended Fozzy like he was some kind of messiah, on here?

I wasn''t saying you were wrong, I was saying that your title is wrong, its fine if you want to compile your thoughts into one thread, i''ve done it, many have. Its just you think this is a general rant, and your talking about issues that are either being discussed now or have been very recently. And it isn''t easy to talk about so many different things in one thread.

The one thing I really dislike, is how people start moaning about getting ''shot down'' because you don''t share an opinion.

Why are people so incapable of having a discussion without resorting to accusations of not being allowed an opinion? No one is shooting you down. Anyone with half a brain won''t do that, they may strongly disagree with you, and say your points are all BS, but they aren''t shooting you down, they are purely giving you their opinion, after you gave yours.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I didn''t tell him he shouldn''t post here, I was making a point this isn''t a ''general rant'', its a rant on specific issues that all have their own threads, that are easier to discuss one at a time. Is that so hard to understand? And why have 3/4 new posters all posted in this thread, and no others? Slightly odd...[/quote]

Congratulations! You have achieved a new level -

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9gqTONmT-etKEK7NW2bSI4H2bWGiWJVV3vYGDmtWgjmLnvpOyF_40dFwo[/IMG]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Ha ha, how very funny you are indeed.[/quote]

Go you!  You have just jumped up 3 levels, woop woop woop!!!!

[IMG]http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6039/5881817907_d481735314_z.jpg[/IMG]