Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Burke/ Davies & Snodgrass....

I can''t see both Burke and Snodgrass coming in unless we''re shipping at least one or two midfielders out the door or Hughton''s master plan involves a 0-10-0 formation

Looking at it dispassionately, if we are to keep improving our squad, we need to keep looking for players considered to be better than what we have, in all positions. I think it is fairly likely that a couple of guys will be leaving - or at least going on loan. I''m not belittling any of them as they have all played a part in our resurgence, but we''d presumably be talking about maybe a few of the ''lesser'' squad players who were either on loan or didn''t play much last season (perhaps Lappin, Crofts, Martin?), and maybe a couple of ''better'' guys (Simeon, Barnett?) - I guess that is all up to Hughton.

[quote user="kick it off"]I can''t see both Burke and Snodgrass coming in unless we''re shipping at least one or two midfielders out the door or Hughton''s master plan involves a 0-10-0 formation[/quote]

Maybe we are looking at a 4-3-3 system? If so, we would probably want some more options to play the 2 wide positions? Currently we have Bennett & Pilks who are "natural" wingers and the likes of Surman who can also play wide although I think Surman is a better player more centrally.

Not sure £6M for Burke and Davies is great business? Davies is a decent player who maybe hasn''t yet fulfilled his early promise. Burke has done well in the Champs and would be good competition but is he worth paying say £2.5M for?