Sign in to follow this  
canaryrust

Travel to games

Hey,

First post on here so sorry if its in wrong section.

I am moving to St Neots near Cambridge (work reasons) just after the start of the season and was wondering if any of you lived around this area and which way is the easiest to travel to the home games?

Thanks

[quote user="canaryrust"]Hey, First post on here so sorry if its in wrong section. I am moving to St Neots near Cambridge (work reasons) just after the start of the season and was wondering if any of you lived around this area and which way is the easiest to travel to the home games? Thanks[/quote]

From StNeots pick up A14 to Newmarket then A11 Norwich around 1 to 2 hrs depending on Volume of traffic

Cheers Pete, is there any bus services from this way, used to get West Norfolk Canary buses few years back, wondered if there''s anything like that?

Cant seem to find any info anywhere and ticket office wasn''t too helpful

I live in Huntingdon which is close to St. Neots.

There are buses which run from both Peterborough and Cambridge that go directly to Norwich, but from St. Neots you''d have to get a bus to Cambridge and then another to Norwich. Can''t remember the name of the service though, check stagecoach site

[quote user="canaryrust"]Hey, First post on here so sorry if its in wrong section. I am moving to St Neots near Cambridge (work reasons) just after the start of the season and was wondering if any of you lived around this area and which way is the easiest to travel to the home games? Thanks[/quote]

Hi, I know of someone that lives in Great Gransden that travels to home games. PM me your email address, I can pass it on to him. Or you could get a lift from Alan Bowkett who lives at Croxton...

[quote user="chopper hitler"]I live in Huntingdon which is close to St. Neots. There are buses which run from both Peterborough and Cambridge that go directly to Norwich, but from St. Neots you''d have to get a bus to Cambridge and then another to Norwich. Can''t remember the name of the service though, check stagecoach site[/quote]

It would be the bus that comes from Bedford (x3 possibly) that goes to Cambridge then a train if you want to go by public transport. There is a bus that goes from Cambridge to Norwich but wouldn''t be too frequent and may not have a return till the next day!

Get the train from Cambridge.It goes straight to the city.Normally the train just after 12 is ideal,as you get there in plenty of time to have a few beers/food.

trains every half hour to peterborough from st neots then every hour a direct train to norwich.......if not then change at ely theres 3 trains an every 2 hrs and 2 every other hour to ely from peterborough ......i travel from march or peterborough <----(when working) and i have no problems getting me there......although no good for night games midweek [:(]

Just as well this season we''ve only got the one scheduled midweek (league) game (so far) - Spurs next January.

Hi Canaryrust,

Don''t know whether you drive but I tend to take the car to Ely and then get the train from there, which drops you at Thorpe station near the ground.

The train company has started doing really cheap advance train tickets from Ely, and I''ve already picked up advance returns for the QPR and Liverpool games for just £5 and £6.

There''s also a council-run car park in Ely near the station that is free on Saturdays.

If you ever fancy a lift, give me an email (I''m really near as I live just outside St Ives). I also know someone in Peterborough who goes to all the away games, and we tend to team up. I''m sure he''d be willing to lift-share with you as there''s often a spare seat going.